Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:17 am not going for opinions, I’m asking for some more objective evaluation here

but thanks just the same, CoyDC
objective opinion?

you mean other than US = bad?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

for someone who’s said multiple times that they want this thread to die, you sure seem unable to follow through, Ousie
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:54 am sooo

Could you please elaborate? Do you mean they don’t have more progressive healthcare and such policies? Something more sinister yet?

Or did you mean your comment only as more condescension?
A skater we know was on tour around the world doing ice skating shows after medaling at Worlds. The skaters who do these tours are paid well. One of the Russians on the tour had her apartment blown up with a bomb because she wasn't paying the Russian Mafia the standard 20% of her income from the shows. Another Russian I know owned a few apartment buildings in Moscow. They had to sell them when the Russian Mafia 20% "fee" ate up their entire profit margin. You dont want to know how poorly the LGTBQ+ community is treated in a Russian society dominated by meatheaded knuckledraggers. I could provide a hundred other examples of how the Russian state treats their citizens, but it will fall on deaf ears like all the other examples that have been provided to you.

You clearly do not fundamentally understand what goes on in other parts of the world.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the United States of America is the greatest country on earth. By a wide margin.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sincere thanks for the sincere responses you guys.

Bonus points for doing so in a non-condescending way.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:22 am the United States of America is the greatest country on earth. By a wide margin.
nope
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I think The United States of America is the best country in the world, all things considered.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I am sure there are other countries that I would enjoy living in and where I could thrive as a citizen and human but China and Russia are not on that list. Overall, I am very glad I was born here in America.
Deleted User 863

There are a lot of great countries to live in. And there are great places in most countries.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:12 pm I think The United States of America is the best country in the world, all things considered.
I think The United States of America is the best country in the world, under the circumstances, all things considered, since it would be a real pain in the behind to move elsewhere where there is a really good chance I would have a comparable, if not better life.

Immediately comparing to life in China or Russia is ludicrous.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I know I’ve said I want this thread to go away.

But please, help me out here. Make it make sense you guys!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... xplosions/

(ducks)
Deleted User 863

What do you think that means and why do you think it matters?

Just go ahead and give us your take. We don't need a fucking questionnaire.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m note entirely sure what it means or why it matters, which is why I asked.

But jeez bro…based on that reaction, now I’m thinking, illy did it.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it doesn’t mean anything other than what the headline says
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

is Russia still bombing Ukraine?

yes?

ok, so what does this have to do with that? I dont think this is the big zinger you think it is......

there are 2 options:

1. Russia did it.....and its more reason they should be stopped from.their invasion and attempted expansion.

2. Russia didn't do it. But they are still invading Ukraine and killing civilians and shoild be stopped from their invasion and attempted expansion.

If it ends up being option #2. Then that act will need to be investigated and the perpetrators dealt with separately from the invasion.

This isn't that difficult...again.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:35 am I know I’ve said I want this thread to go away.

But please, help me out here. Make it make sense you guys!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... xplosions/

(ducks)
It's unfortunate the perpetrators didn't drop their wallet at the scene. The fact that there isn't evidence that proves definitively that Russia was behind it just means that whoever was responsible (likely the Russians) didn't leave behind evidence that points at them. This isn't terribly complicated.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:45 am that act will need to be investigated and the perpetrators dealt with separately from the invasion.

again, and yet…
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:58 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:45 am that act will need to be investigated and the perpetrators dealt with separately from the invasion.

again, and yet…
and yet what?

its either Russia or it wasnt......not that hard.

nothing that impacts the ongoing war.

If its proven to not be Russia then it becomes a separate issue.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I should have phrased that simply as, we agree.

that act will need to be investigated and the perpetrators dealt with separately from the invasion.