Facebook, Google, et al

Coffee talk.
StayCurious

Re: Facebook, Google, et al

Post by StayCurious »

randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:09 pm
Things I've so far been wrong about: yesefu. He is so ridiculously athletic, has a nice scoring package. Arrived to Kansas with a few games of tourney experience averagi g 20+
I'm pretty much wrong about KU basketball all the time.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

japhy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:10 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:24 pm
so I've seen it referenced here before....but I mustve missed something yuge.

why...would uh....a gentleman want to......tan his balls?
I think this is best described by the bro-scientist who appeared on Tucker's special.

If you find that you aren't man enough to watch it all, then you can skip forward to the 24:30 mark and get the essential info you need. Your will have to be man enough to click "I understand and wish to proceed" a couple of times to see the manly information that is entailed here.

that might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

They call themselves bro scientists? I mean....this has got to be a joke correct? There is nobody on this planet that could take anything seriously said by a grown man that calla himself a bro.....or bro scientist.....ever.

Also, the good news I gleaned from the few minutes of that piece which I unfortunately witnessed is that...cholesterol, is in fact, good for me! I've got to be pretty damn healthy then.
Just Ledoux it
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Eggs will not clog you up like they've often said. The lecithin that will counteract the bad cholesterol. However, eating 30 eggs in a day is stupid and dangerous. Moderation is key.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I hate eggs.
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

StayCurious wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:53 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:10 pm The housing market crash might not be as dramatic because of how bad inflation is
There's going to be an illusion of prices not falling because of inflation, but in real terms, housing is going back to its historic trend line. Prices in 2012 were the historic trend line where they will meet again, but you have to adjust for inflation. Prices may stay flat or drop a little bit in nominal terms, but you always have to use the current value of the currency to determine the real price. Out in places like the Bay area, homes are dropping very fast. Some places like KC are not going to fall as much because they didn't increase as much. The major issue is that inflation is going to make keeping a home much harder. Buying a home and keeping one aren't the same, as we learned in 2008. Insurance costs, food, energy -- all going way up. Prices will continue to fall in real terms for the next 4 years in many areas like California. The only catch is, it won't be easier to buy a home. You will need a huge downpayment (most don't have) and the interest rates will be much higher. Just like in 2009, those who had money saved were rewarded.
As a rational to your asian wife and her parents, I think this is a brilliant story line to explain why you haven't bought a house and moved out of their basement already. Well done bro.

It's not that you can't afford it, it's just a really bad investment.

Keep the faith sQuirt and keep buying crypto.

Can you give a brother a little investment advice? The house I own in the Springs sold for $270K in 2012. The current comps in my neighborhood are running about $650K. Inflation was what over the last 10 years? For retirement purposes and for calculation of my net worth, what should I use as a value for that house? Math is hard for me, hopefully you can shine some light on this and make it clear.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

I don't own any crypto now. The time to buy was in March 2020. The time to sell was last year. Crypto is headed down down down.

The only investment advice I'll give you is a simple one: When assets go way up, many times the amount of salary increases, you know that asset is in a bubble. Do with that information as you wish.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

TDub wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:28 pmI hate eggs.
Yes, moderation is key.

If you watched Tucker's infomercial long enough you would have seen the glistening rippling bro silhouetted by the sun, chugging 4 raw eggs from a manly sized glass. Never more than a dozen raw eggs in a day tho bro. And eat two raw 16 ounce steaks, one for breakfast and then again at dinner. No utensils, just hold it in your course hard working hands and jam it into your manly maw and rip it with your teeth. And if that doesn't increase your testosterone levels, then look on the Spud Lounge website where you can buy some man supplements. I highly recommend the "Spud Lounge Man Milk". It is bespoke and artisanal and 100% natural organic and female hormone free, made right here in the Empire. If you buy before Christmas you will get one free gallon for every three purchased!

Your wife will love the change she sees in you!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:39 pm To sum up japhy's mini rant..
In a poor attempt to gaslight others, japhy has made himself look like a absolute fool, and added half a page of nothing productive
Links are for pussies. I can see that the overwhelming photographic evidence which I gathered myself and researched through the most unscrupulous of methods has emasculated you. I accept your surrender and harbour no malice towards you.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:28 pmI hate eggs.
This
I have to pile bacon and salsa over them
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:58 pm
StayCurious wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:57 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:30 pm lol

nobody is angry...
Your communication says otherwise most of the time. I can't even post on the basketball board without you being bitter.
lol, ok

is lying pathological for you?
It’s more ignorance
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

StayCurious wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:48 pm I don't own any crypto now. The time to buy was in March 2020. The time to sell was last year. Crypto is headed down down down.

The only investment advice I'll give you is a simple one: When assets go way up, many times the amount of salary increases, you know that asset is in a bubble. Do with that information as you wish.
How are you an expert on EVERYTHING?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:07 pm
StayCurious wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:48 pm I don't own any crypto now. The time to buy was in March 2020. The time to sell was last year. Crypto is headed down down down.

"It's a dangerous thing to mistake speaking without thought for speaking the truth"
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Facebook parent company Meta has agreed to pay $725 million to settle a class-action lawsuit claiming it improperly shared users' information with Cambridge Analytica, a data analytics firm used by the Trump campaign.

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/23/11453032 ... settlement
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:07 pm

That's an excellent question to ask him/her.
The not so funny thing is he/she has proven to be clueless about many if not most things he/she pretends to be knowledgeable about.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:33 pm
Eliza
Another person who is worthy of my saying - educate yourself.
Or is it a factious question that she is asking?

Looking at her/his tweet - I am guessing it's the later.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Well of course. It could be seen by anyone who was sincere. All of big tech was in on it. When everyone is marching in lockstep, you know they are not following the science.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Reading through it, it doesn't seem that bad. Also, it once again showed that Twitter had the final say - it wasn't just doing what the Government or campaigns asked. And it confirmed they were getting requests from the Trump White House.

And confirmed that the biggest issue with content moderation is that there is just too much content to moderate.