2022-23 CBB Season

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: 2022-23 CBB Season

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:29 pm asking again:

please chill.
So many to choose from....
ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:50 pm I never said anything about his appearance. That was just you and somebody else arguing with the boogeyman in yer heads.

and, go figure illy doesn't know what it means to be an alpha.

I've watched this team enough to know Dajuan is objectively a career 4 ppg guy, and subjectively just struggles to score, or to be much more than a "defense and passing" kinda guy, and may have strength and conditioning issues too.

It's tough criticism, and high expectations, I know. But the thing is, we're an elite program! I want guys who we can cheer for cuz they're high-production alpha studs, not guys who we have to sit back and make resigned excuses like, "...but at least he takes care of the ball..."

I'm concerned that, as CnB put it, Dajuan may end up "another one of those players who received so much more run and a longer leash than the skillset probably deserved. At times to our detriment."

Of course, at this rate, hopefully my criticism will turn into some reverse juju effect like it did with Haunkey Taunk, and Dajuan will go off, be all-conference, and end up declaring unexpectedly early to go first round to the Denver Nuggets, in which case I'll gladly eat more Crauw.
Our staff and players seem to think he's a leader and alpha. Ask KJ who has helped him, he mentions DH as one of the biggest just this last week.
ousdahl wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:58 am I know the game thread is leaning toward blaming our bigs

buuuuut

2 points, 2 assists, 4 turnovers and 5 fouls in 18 minutes is like an all time bad staring PG stat line. Like that's the kind of shit that even makes Naadir Tharpe blush!

And, come on, it's not like he's some promising young freshman at this point.
ousdahl wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:24 pm How do you figure not most physically gifted?

Yea he’s the smallest, but also prob the quickest first step, most explosive, strongest too.

Dajuan has the wingspan, but is not particularly quick, and built like a toothpick.

And Bobby just not durable.

Joe’s also got the best jumper of the 3, but that’s not saying much.

And not the most talented at defense or PG stuff, but the most talented overall scorer…but again, not saying much.

Coming off the bench in a dumpster fire of a game, dude just tied Dajuan’s career high points.
And my personal favorite...
ousdahl wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:43 am
were we really playing any better WITH him, tho?

it'd be nice to have a PG who can actually play 3 games in a row without ending up looking like the neighborhood kid brother who gets so exhausted from trying to keep up with the 8th graders that at some point even his mom says you don't have to let him play any more, just tell him to come home, mom's got an ice cold Capri Sun waiting.

but, admittedly, I realize that's pretty meltdowny for November.
Neighborhood kid brother. LOL

Now regarded, by people who actually know/watch college basketball, as one of the most underrated players in the country and someone who will be on the Cousy Award List.

You are a clown show when it comes to analysis of our players that you don't like.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Every board.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea.

But if someone asks me to chill, I at least I make the effort.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:52 pm Every board.
Then he should shut his mouth taking shots at Kansas players with his piss poor basketball player performance analysis. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Talking about KState guy who can "get his" while not realizing that dude is smaller than DH. And also not realizing Bruce Weber isn't the coach of KState. Less than a day or 2 after not realizing Frank Martin wasn't the coach beating UK. LOL. Come on man.

He's been wrong about DH every step of the way. So he gets what he deserves imo.

Which is exactly why he will ignore all his dumb posts quoted above. And i didn't even get to page 3. Hardly anything positive about DH. Just a fucking hater.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Every day
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Harris has really improved offensively since last season. I think we should all be able to agree to that.

Let's keep in mind that he is 1.5 seasons through his 4 year career as the starting PG at Kansas. A career that began with a national title no less. We rarely get to see a guy start 4 straight seasons at PG at KU.

I am going to enjoy watching him continue to improve and excel. He is really good at some things now and is improving at everything he isn't excelling at. He will make us pissed and make us happy like every other multi year KU star at PG. He clearly is not so bad that he is holding us back. I dont know what else the guy can do to prove that. His rate of improvement so far has been impressive. The present is great and the future is bright.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I understand how/why illy can be frustrating....

but more than 1 person is to blame for this "every board, every day" mantra that keeps getting thrown out. Its a 2 way street.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:34 pm Let's keep in mind that he is 1.5 seasons through his 4 year career as the starting PG at Kansas.
He's actually 2.5 years into it. He started 2 games and played in 30 in 2020/21. The year we got bounced by USC in the tourney.

Crazy to think he's been at Kansas with Self 3.5 years already, counting his red shirt year. And has played in 86 college games. It's no wonder why he Self depends on him so much.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:04 am

but more than 1 person is to blame for this "every board, every day" mantra that keeps getting thrown out. Its a 2 way street.
except there’s only one who has admitted that he enjoys and looks for the confrontations
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:06 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:34 pm Let's keep in mind that he is 1.5 seasons through his 4 year career as the starting PG at Kansas.
He's actually 2.5 years into it. He started 2 games and played in 30 in 2020/21. The year we got bounced by USC in the tourney.

Crazy to think he's been at Kansas with Self 3.5 years already, counting his red shirt year. And has played in 86 college games. It's no wonder why he Self depends on him so much.
Thanks to covid, he will get to play 4 seasons as the starting PG due to getting an extra season. So far he has played 1.5 of those. I am aware that he came off the bench for a season.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If this is an admission of your involvement, I commend you. Back to basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:09 am

Thanks to covid, he will get to play 4 seasons as the starting PG due to getting an extra season. So far he has played 1.5 of those. I am aware that he came off the bench for a season.
Mizzou fans say the reason they didn't land him is because he couldn't qualify for enrollment at Mizzou.

His academics were indeed a mess (and why he had to RS) but you have to give them credit for their creativity in mental gymnastics. Where he's from is one of the most delicious parts about his success.
Deleted User 863

I'm confused. How is he not 2.5 years into his career at Kansas then?

With the covid year he gets 5 years. And he's 2.5 years into it. Right?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:16 am

I'm confused. How is he not 2.5 years into his career at Kansas then?

With the covid year he gets 5 years. And he's 2.5 years into it. Right?
Since you are having a hard time, I will reword it.

"Let's keep in mind that he is 1.5 seasons through what will be 4 years as the starting PG at Kansas."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think the key word is 'starting'.
Please don't argue that 2 games in a full season is considered starting.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:12 am

Mizzou fans say the reason they didn't land him is because he couldn't qualify for enrollment at Mizzou.

His academics were indeed a mess (and why he had to RS) but you have to give them credit for their creativity in mental gymnastics. Where he's from is one of the most delicious parts about his success.
They may technically be right. He might not have been eligible to go to Mizzou when they were trying to get him. Frankly, that makes it all the more hilarious. The coach they turned down for their job winning a national title with the hometown PG they couldn't sign.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:21 am I think the key word is 'starting'.
Please don't argue that 2 games in a full season is considered starting.
I thought that was obvious when I wrote it but I guess not. My bad.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:23 am

They may technically be right. He might not have been eligible to go to Mizzou when they were trying to get him. Frankly, that makes it all the more hilarious. The coach they turned down for their job winning a national title with the hometown PG they couldn't sign.
Unless the SEC has changed anything, they're the same as Big 12. As a partial qualifier, he could have gone to mizzou and redshirted.

They didn't think he was good enough and Self turned him into a stud. chef's kiss. And I love your last sentence.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:32 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:23 am

Unless the SEC has changed anything, they're the same as Big 12. As a partial qualifier, he could have gone to mizzou and redshirted.

They didn't think he was good enough and Self turned him into a stud. chef's kiss. And I love your last sentence.
I liked this interview: https://kansas.rivals.com/news/everythi ... -afternoon

Q: What was the process with them? I mean how much did you hear from them? Did they show they wanted you at any point?

A: Really when Coach Self was talking to me after Peach Jam and stuff, that's when they really started trying to start talking. I guess they heard some stuff that KU was talking to me. So it was around that time after Peach Jam. Around, it seemed like, July or something like that? August, probably end of August like that.

Q: Do you think about it much?

A: I mean, no, because they ain't had the stuff that I needed to be required to be able to go to school. But my main focus was KU because they the only people that tried to help me.

Mizzou once again didn't do the foundational work necessary to get the job done. Pretty much the story of their program.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:10 am

If this is an admission of your involvement, I commend you. Back to basketball.
bullshit response.

ive come to expect nothing less.
Just Ledoux it