Re: Another mass shooting

Post by jhawks99 »

Sounds like Billy Bob Thorton in Sling Blade
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

wait a minute....that totally put together, well spoken gentleman used to be on drugs?...meth even? Color me shocked...would never have known.....
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Mom seems to be pretty messed up too. Aldrich was allegedly bullied a lot as a kid.
No one should be shocked the guy was "troubled".
Of course not all kids/adults/people who have suffered similar maladies have mental issues to the extent of acting out with extremely negative behavior - but unfortunately many do.
Not sure what if anything we can do in regards to forced/mandatory keeping watch on someone who MIGHT be a threat but as soon as someone threatens to kill their mother and/or makes other threats to the extent of the police (and in his case a bomb squad and crisis negotiators) having to be called in - then I would hope that person would never be able to legally possess a gun - unless it's somehow "proven" he/she/it is no longer considered a viable threat to him/her/it's self and others.
If we have "red flag" laws and don't enforce them - then what good are they?

https://apnews.com/article/gun-violence ... 051c588187
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Pretty much kills the "let's enforce the laws we have" argument.
Broham
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

So, dad is a homophobic tweeker
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Awesome!!!!
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

The self-described white supremacist that researched, planned, and live-streamed the murdering of 10 and injuring of three other innocent people at a grocery store in Buffalo, NY, BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK, got his day in court today. The individual plead guilty. That horrific day was 5/14/22.
The Opposite of what this person had hoped to happen (bring terror to black Americans so that they would voluntarily leave the country or stop having babies) has happened. Rather, locally we have more awareness about the bad side of guns, white supremacy, and the plight of Black Americans. Rather, more action against the wrong kind of guns in the wrong hands. Rather, more of the right kind of support in the right places. And for nearly 6 months, I did not have to hear his name. Today the media said his name, and that is a shame.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

DrPepper wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:50 pm The self-described white supremacist that researched, planned, and live-streamed the murdering of 10 and injuring of three other innocent people at a grocery store in Buffalo, NY, BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK, got his day in court today. The individual plead guilty. That horrific day was 5/14/22.
The Opposite of what this person had hoped to happen (bring terror to black Americans so that they would voluntarily leave the country or stop having babies) has happened. Rather, locally we have more awareness about the bad side of guns, white supremacy, and the plight of Black Americans. Rather, more action against the wrong kind of guns in the wrong hands. Rather, more of the right kind of support in the right places. And for nearly 6 months, I did not have to hear his name. Today the media said his name, and that is a shame.
❤️
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DrPepper wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:50 pm The self-described white supremacist that researched, planned, and live-streamed the murdering of 10 and injuring of three other innocent people at a grocery store in Buffalo, NY, BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK, got his day in court today. The individual plead guilty. That horrific day was 5/14/22.
So, some good came out of this tragedy. And this guy goes away forever, never to be heard from again.

I don't know what is wrong with people.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

1 dead, 5 in custody
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Miami

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/mul ... e/2944305/

There is a video of it on Twitter R A W S A L E R T S for anyone who wants to be morbid and check it out.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Forgetting the 6 year old who shot a/his teacher (and those of you - like me- who were taught by your parents - not me - how to shoot a gun when you were a young kid) ......

https://apnews.com/article/newport-news ... 816a21b5be

I am supposed to be at this same location tonight....
Kind of shocked how the local media is keeping this hush - so far.

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

"machine gun"

So.....
I am reminded once again why citizens need to and are allowed to own "machine guns" because.........

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-22/ ... /101880840
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:07 am "machine gun"

So.....
I am reminded once again why citizens need to and are allowed to own "machine guns" because.........

Did they edit the article? It says automatic weapon in one spot and semi automatic weapon in another. But not seeing "machine gun".

Here is a list of machine guns. Most of which I believe are illegal in the united state.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_machine_guns
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:34 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:07 am "machine gun"

So.....

Did they edit the article? It says automatic weapon in one spot and semi automatic weapon in another. But not seeing "machine gun".

Here is a list of machine guns. Most of which I believe are illegal in the united state.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_machine_guns
Yes, they 100% updated/edited the article. Originally said 9 people dead and this part (see sentence quoted below) definitely originally said "machine gun".

"The people also told Mr Choi that there was a shooter with a semi-automatic weapon who had multiple rounds of ammunition on him so he could reload".

Regardless, the person/people who did the shooting had guns that clearly he/she/they should not have been in possession of and were capable of killing multiple people in a very short period of time.
For those who say guns aren't the problem - the people who use them are; here is my broken record response.... Those people don't have guns, people don't get shot. It really is that simple. What's not simple (and perhaps all but impossible) is figuring out how we keep guns out of the hands of those people.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

10 dead, shooter still at large in LA shooting
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:28 pm 10 dead, shooter still at large in LA shooting
Makes me want to take my kids out in public as little as possible when it is not necessary.