Another mass shooting

Ugh.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Overlander »

As long as you don’t come across a shooter with a legit “machine gun”, you should be fine.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

California's strict gun laws....
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

What about Arizona? How about Nevada? Are you advocating border control between States?

How many more must die before we acknowledge the presence of the phrase “well regulated militia” in the 2nd Amendment?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

strict gun laws don't stop criminals. Criminals and guys that are going to go kill 10 people don't give a fuck about what laws say they can and can't have.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

somebody, somewhere might actually get something done if they settled for middle ground instead of demanding extremes...all or nothing.

But.....we all know reasonable thought , discussion, and compromise without going to extremes isn't what this country is about anymore.

moral high ground contests, tik toks, Twitters and hot take soundbites don't work real great if you want to, be reasonable and actually accomplish anything....no...must maintain the fever pitch at all times. Stephen A Smith syndrome.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:26 pm somebody, somewhere might actually get something done if they settled for middle ground instead of demanding extremes...all or nothing.
I’ll give you one guess as to who has been in the way of “settled middle ground”. Wonder if McCarthy and the Insurrection Caucus will bring a bill to the floor that has 90% support. What’s your guess?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

we'll just have to stop this before it gets started.

We are never ever going to agree on any of this so it will be nothing but useless lip blubbering by the both of us.

You are not of the middle ground, reasonable, compromising sort on this issue at the least.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:22 pm strict gun laws don't stop criminals. Criminals and guys that are going to go kill 10 people don't give a fuck about what laws say they can and can't have.
Did mass shootings increase or decrease after the Clinton assault weapon ban?

Did mass shootings increase or decrease after Bush let Clinton's assault weapon ban expire?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:26 pm somebody, somewhere might actually get something done if they settled for middle ground instead of demanding extremes...all or nothing.

But.....we all know reasonable thought , discussion, and compromise without going to extremes isn't what this country is about anymore.

moral high ground contests, tik toks, Twitters and hot take soundbites don't work real great if you want to, be reasonable and actually accomplish anything....no...must maintain the fever pitch at all times. Stephen A Smith syndrome.
Which side of this seems like they have made less of an effort to meet in the middle on this? Democrats have tried endless amounts of compromise but the GOP simply will not budge.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:33 pm we'll just have to stop this before it gets started.

We are never ever going to agree on any of this so it will be nothing but useless lip blubbering by the both of us.

You are not of the middle ground, reasonable, compromising sort on this issue at the least.
One side is too cowardly to even bring it up for discussion
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:28 pm 10 dead, shooter still at large in LA shooting
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/22/us/monte ... index.html

72 year old man. Went to another dance studio but was confronted and disarmed. Crazy.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

zsn wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:07 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:33 pm we'll just have to stop this before it gets started.

One side is too cowardly to even bring it up for discussion
Too many of them are from places where their constituents would primary them if they compromise with a Dem on gun laws. This country is insane.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

So, what would you do? You told me what I shouldn’t do.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I don't know what TDub would or wouldn't do but the problem is too many Pubs would do nothing - other than keep PROMOTING guns and ALLOWING and ENABLING what is happening to continue to happen.
I have a two word response to that - Fuck 'em.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:50 am been a lovely january…

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dozens-of- ... 1674588035
My guess is we can't name a month in the past 5 years that there hasn't been multiple "major" shootings.
Heck, there is probably one every week in Chicago.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:01 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:50 am been a lovely january…

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dozens-of- ... 1674588035
My guess is we can't name a month in the past 5 years that there hasn't been multiple "major" shootings.
Heck, there is probably one every week in Chicago.
add to that the overwhelming amount of gun violence that doesn’t get covered because not enough people die

i really don’t understand how some can continue to say, with a straight face, that this country doesn’t have a gun problem
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:17 am i really don’t understand how some can continue to say, with a straight face, that this country doesn’t have a gun problem
It's not that hard to understand their opinion.

Those people and you (and me) have a fundamental disagreement on the role the gun plays in these situations.

I agree we have a gun problem.

Others think it is a culture and violence problem (which I also agree with) because the guns don't load, aim, and shoot themselves. A person is required to operate it and use it in that manner.

I disagree with those people about there being a gun problem. But I understand their point.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

"Every thread"

JFC