Official Gamethread UK vs KU

Kansas Basketball.
MICHHAWK

Re: Official Gamethread UK vs KU

Post by MICHHAWK »

i think they said the acc and sec are starting something up next season.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:00 am i think they said the acc and sec are starting something up next season.
Correct. The week after Thanksgiving.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Whoa, noncon games in the middle of noncon season, whoda thunk it.

For the sake of message boreding, tho - is it worth pulling an SEC football and scheduling some noncon cupcake at the end of January that might help remedy our usual mid-winter slump?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:20 am Whoa, noncon games in the middle of noncon season, whoda thunk it.

For the sake of message boreding, tho - is it worth pulling an SEC football and scheduling some noncon cupcake at the end of January that might help remedy our usual mid-winter slump?
I hope they don't. Just play Big 12 games after New Years.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Between the high-major scrimmage (in lieu of a second exhibition game), the 18-game league schedule and this "bonus" noncon game, we're 160 November/December game minutes "short" of what we used to have.

I am a broken record on this point, I know, but I have to wonder how that is affecting our in-season development.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:48 am Between the high-major scrimmage (in lieu of a second exhibition game), the 18-game league schedule and this "bonus" noncon game, we're 160 November/December game minutes "short" of what we used to have.

I am a broken record on this point, I know, but I have to wonder how that is affecting our in-season development.
I agree that it has negatively impacted player development. In the 2008 title season, KU played 15 non-con games and 2 exhibition games prior to starting conference play.

This season, KU played 12 non-con games and 1 exhibition game prior to conference play.

Well, at least we aren't in the Big Ten where teams start playing conference games in early December. I would hate that.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Don't re-up the SEC Challenge and just play UK every year in December when we don't play them in Champions Classic. Axe the Big East Challenge, that has always been lame. And is Big 12 going back to 16 games soon?

I don't know if the exhibition game is better or worse than playing a scrimmage against a P5 team. But, seems that was a Self decision to go the latter route.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:00 pm Don't re-up the SEC Challenge and just play UK every year in December when we don't play them in Champions Classic. Axe the Big East Challenge, that has always been lame. And is Big 12 going back to 16 games soon?

I don't know if the exhibition game is better or worse than playing a scrimmage against a P5 team. But, seems that was a Self decision to go the latter route.
I'm not sure we know yet how the Big 12 schedule ((basketball or football) will look when the dust settles.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:20 am
We just did that.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto