ousdahl

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by ousdahl »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

So fuck thoughts and prayers, but he sends his condolences in the next sentence? That's basically the same thing, right?

weird.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Why the senseless Michigan State shooting could spark real change

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ng-change/

[blah blah blah blah blah]
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:27 am Why the senseless Michigan State shooting could spark real change

It will change nothing. Until there is something to the level of an armed takeover of a governmental building that results in hundreds of deaths or the GOP is so thoroughly defeated in federal political positions that Dems have a supermajority, nothing will change.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:51 am So fuck thoughts and prayers, but he sends his condolences in the next sentence? That's basically the same thing, right?

weird.
"Thoughts and prayers" is now synonymous with GOP inaction in allowing these mass shootings to continue to happen will doing nothing to prevent them. I took it to mean "fuck doing nothing about this but offering up insincere thoughts and prayers will continuing to allow this to happen".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:46 pm
Another MSU student was also a student at Sandy Hook elementary when that shooting happened: https://6abc.com/msu-shooting-michigan- ... /12818746/

We are getting to the point where these are so damn prevalent that some kids now have to be survivors of multiple of these. It's so fucking sad how dumb this country is when it comes to guns.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:00 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:51 am So fuck thoughts and prayers, but he sends his condolences in the next sentence? That's basically the same thing, right?

weird.
"Thoughts and prayers" is now synonymous with GOP inaction in allowing these mass shootings to continue to happen will doing nothing to prevent them. I took it to mean "fuck doing nothing about this but offering up insincere thoughts and prayers will continuing to allow this to happen".
I know what the intent was.

Sending condolences is the exact same thing as sending thoughts and prayers though.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:02 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:46 pm
Another MSU student was also a student at Sandy Hook elementary when that shooting happened: https://6abc.com/msu-shooting-michigan- ... /12818746/

We are getting to the point where these are so damn prevalent that some kids now have to be survivors of multiple of these. It's so fucking sad how dumb this country is when it comes to guns.
It's even more sad that we have so many people who want to use guns to carryout these killings.

Why are there so many angry and crazy people who want to kill others who have done nothing wrong to them?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:02 am It's so fucking sad how dumb this country is when it comes to guns.
greatest country in the history of everything
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:11 am

weird.

Sending condolences is the exact same thing as sending thoughts and prayers though.
If you read the full statement he wrote, you would see that there was more to it than that.

https://michiganadvance.com/2023/02/14/ ... ng-at-msu/
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:56 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:11 am

If you read the full statement he wrote, you would see that there was more to it than that.

https://michiganadvance.com/2023/02/14/ ... ng-at-msu/
It's starting it off like that for me. 1 followed by the other had my eyes rolling.

I was done after that.

We talk a lot about "owning the libs", but using tragedy to "own the pubs" in that fashion just doesn't do it for me anymore.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:57 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:27 am Why the senseless Michigan State shooting could spark real change

It will change nothing. Until there is something to the level of an armed takeover of a governmental building that results in hundreds of deaths or the GOP is so thoroughly defeated in federal political positions that Dems have a supermajority, nothing will change.
I believe that many people do not, as a general matter, like it when other people get shot. I believe that MOST people, as a general matter, are against children getting shot.

But, just like reality does not any longer support Gonzaga getting the benefit of the doubt, the fact that CHILDREN KEEP GETTING SHOT AND YET WE DO NOTHING ABOUT GUNS, means this columnist can fuck off with her blah blah blah about this time being different.

The fuck it is.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if Sandy Hook couldn’t move the needle…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol, no

it may have the same effect, but the two aren’t at all the exact same thing
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:24 am

I believe that many people do not, as a general matter, like it when other people get shot. I believe that MOST people, as a general matter, are against children getting shot.

But, just like reality does not any longer support Gonzaga getting the benefit of the doubt, the fact that CHILDREN KEEP GETTING SHOT AND YET WE DO NOTHING ABOUT GUNS, means this columnist can fuck off with her blah blah blah about this time being different.

The fuck it is.
People SAY they are a lot of things only to be proven wrong by their actions.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:06 pm

The fuck it is.
Yep. And I think we need to be very clear: being a responsible gun owner is not enough.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

not a perfect analogy, but i’m reminded of the saying that not being racist isn’t not the same as being anti-racism
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:20 pm

The fuck it is.
Yep. And I think we need to be very clear: being a responsible gun owner is not enough.
We have to do more to prevent some people from purchasing legal firearms, especially those that can inflict a large amount of damage in a short period of time. It seems like a lot of these mass shootings are being done with legally purchased firearms. Some of the things being proposed are obviously over the top and would be an infringement on citizen's rights but some of them are common sense moves that would not prevent legal gun owners with no red flags from enjoying their 2nd Amendment freedom of purchasing firearms.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:48 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:20 pm
We have to do more to prevent some people from purchasing legal firearms, especially those that can inflict a large amount of damage in a short period of time. It seems like a lot of these mass shootings are being done with legally purchased firearms. Some of the things being proposed are obviously over the top and would be an infringement on citizen's rights but some of them are common sense moves that would not prevent legal gun owners with no red flags from enjoying their 2nd Amendment freedom of purchasing firearms.
That's all well and good, but there is also no serious argument that the founding fathers would have supported what the second amendment has been used to do.