We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Today's edition of you can't make this shit up.

Does this dumbfuck realize that sure Georgia has a Republican Governor but she represents a state that went "Blue" in the 2020 Presidential Election and has two Democratic Senators?

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:43 pm Today's edition of you can't make this shit up.

Does this dumbfuck realize that sure Georgia has a Republican Governor but she represents a state that went "Blue" in the 2020 Presidential Election and has two Democratic Senators?

Of course this is ridiculous for a number of reasons, including those you identify.

But I do have a serious question - between this, and her previous assertion that insurrectionists are "prisoners of war", isn't she sort of making her seditious intent an open and shut case?

There's a very real possibility that these sort of bloviations end up getting her locked up.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Said person’s dumbfuckery notwithstanding, maybe it is time to retroactively concede the Civil War and hold plebiscites on either side to decide whether they want to stay with the United States or join with the traitors.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

zsn wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:30 pm Said person’s dumbfuckery notwithstanding, maybe it is time to retroactively concede the Civil War and hold plebiscites on either side to decide whether they want to stay with the United States or join with the traitors.
Let's stay in a make-believe world where this was possible. What are the MAGAs going to do, take Atlanta by force? As if that would...in some way...get them Coca Cola and Home Depot and so on? And Fortune 500 is only the tip of the iceberg...what exactly is the secessionists' economic plan, when they're leaving the crime-infested, gang-run blue cities (and their economies) behind?

The Unwoke States of New America figures to be a pretty goddamn bleak place. But at least the women won't have rights!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I would also note that pesky 14th Amendment, which provides (in relevant part), that "[no] person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:37 pm
zsn wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:30 pm Said person’s dumbfuckery notwithstanding, maybe it is time to retroactively concede the Civil War and hold plebiscites on either side to decide whether they want to stay with the United States or join with the traitors.
Let's stay in a make-believe world where this was possible. What are the MAGAs going to do, take Atlanta by force? As if that would...in some way...get them Coca Cola and Home Depot and so on? And Fortune 500 is only the tip of the iceberg...what exactly is the secessionists' economic plan, when they're leaving the crime-infested, gang-run blue cities (and their economies) behind?

The Unwoke States of New America figures to be a pretty goddamn bleak place. But at least the women won't have rights!
under his eye
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

My god she got less coherent as the day wore on.

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:48 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:43 pm Today's edition of you can't make this shit up.

Of course this is ridiculous for a number of reasons, including those you identify.

But I do have a serious question - between this, and her previous assertion that insurrectionists are "prisoners of war", isn't she sort of making her seditious intent an open and shut case?

There's a very real possibility that these sort of bloviations end up getting her locked up.
As much as I loathe her comments, the one highlighted is far worse.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:41 pm

Explain. To be clear, by no means am I saying that she should be locked up for her words.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:22 am

Explain. To be clear, by no means am I saying that she should be locked up for her words.
Then I guess I don't understand what other "very real possibility" you are talking about. Being a moron isn't against the law. Saying stupid shit like what she said isn't against the law. Is it immoral and disgusting from a member of Congress? Yes, obviously. Does it imply that she would actively lend her assistance to another insurrection? I have no doubt about it. Outside of that, I am not sure what you were getting at.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, with the way things are going any more, there's also a very real possibility that these sort of bloviations end up getting her the GOP nomination to the White House

don't forget what thread we're in you guys
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:05 pm My god she got less coherent as the day wore on.

Give them Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arizona but strip all federal resources from the state. Charge them tolls on every inch of all federal interstates as well and charge them outrageous prices to sell them every federally built port, building or structure. Then install a 20+% tariff on any good sold to their new nation, including on food, parts, everything. You want to be on your own, then go be on your own and fuck off.

Or they could take their own advice and leave if they don't like it here.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

they can have florida to south carolina, west to oklahoma and texas
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

That's how I interpreted it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:32 am

Then I guess I don't understand what other "very real possibility" you are talking about. Being a moron isn't against the law. Saying stupid shit like what she said isn't against the law. Is it immoral and disgusting from a member of Congress? Yes, obviously. Does it imply that she would actively lend her assistance to another insurrection? I have no doubt about it. Outside of that, I am not sure what you were getting at.
It's not unreasonable to think she has been, is or will be connected to criminal seditious/insurrectionist/terroristic activity. And she is giving a prosecutor ample, clear evidence of her favorable state of mind toward such activities.

In other words, her bloviations here could go a long way to establishing intent in a criminal case.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:43 am they can have florida to south carolina, west to oklahoma and texas
The Mississippi River port at New Orleans has a lot of value, don't give them that.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:12 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:43 am they can have florida to south carolina, west to oklahoma and texas
The Mississippi River port at New Orleans has a lot of value, don't give them that.
that value is only going down as sea levels rise
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:44 am
The movement of cargo down the Mississippi River won't suddenly go somewhere else if sea level rises.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:49 am

The movement of cargo down the Mississippi River won't suddenly go somewhere else if sea level rises.
ok, i’ll keep playing

if you give them oklahoma/tejas, what’s to stop them from regulating commerce on the river anyway?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:49 am

Take it to the religious threads make trad dumb thread.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto