Post by DCHawk1 »

Y'all are nothing if not predictable.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by KUTradition »

back atcha, bud
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Feral wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:41 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:07 am florida in the wintertime. if you need to escape the cold. why would you go anywhere else.
Pythons, Invasive and Hungry, Are Making Their Way North in Florida

Tue, March 14, 2023 MIAMI — So much for all the efforts to slow the proliferation of Burmese pythons in the Florida Everglades over the last two decades, including with paid contractors, trained volunteers and an annual hunt that has drawn participants from as far as Latvia: The giant snakes have been making their way north, reaching West Palm Beach and Fort Myers and threatening ever-larger stretches of the ecosystem.

...Pythons, like invasive iguanas, have been known to emerge from the occasional South Florida toilet bowl; the review notes that while Burmese pythons have mostly been spotted in and around Everglades National Park and other swamplands, many have also been found in Naples and the western outskirts of Miami.

Once a year, the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission holds a python hunt open to the public, challenging people to find and remove as many snakes as they can... Last year’s winner took home $10,000 for hunting down 28 pythons.

Dustin Crum, who has been hunting pythons for a decade, took home $1,500 for capturing the longest snake in the competition, an 11-footer. He won in the same category in 2021 after catching a 15-footer.

“We started out doing this stuff as a hobby and just couldn’t believe we could catch giant constrictors like that in the wild,” said Crum, 42, who now hunts pythons full time. The state pays hunters $50 per foot for the first 4 feet of snake and $25 for each subsequent foot, he said, as well as an hourly rate. Outside of the state-sponsored competition for the public, Crum does use guns to kill the snakes.

...Sometimes, scientists ask to get the pythons alive so that they can be tracked. Hunters like Crum deposit them in designated drop boxes during night hunts and email researchers to come get them in the morning.

...In late 2021, a team from the Conservancy of Southwest Florida found likely the largest Burmese python ever recorded in the state: a 215-pound female with 122 eggs inside her...

Detecting pythons, which like to hide in marshes and thrive in remote habitats, is so challenging that experts do not know how many exist in Florida, though they estimate that there are at least tens of thousands. More than 18,000 have been removed since 2000, including 2,500 in 2022, according to the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission...
Releasing what it calls a comprehensive synthesis of Burmese python science, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) announced early last month that the giant invasive snakes have now spread beyond their core range in the south Florida Everglades and into places like West Palm Beach and Fort Myers, Florida. The study calls Florida’s python invasion “one of the most intractable invasive-species management problems across the globe.” And it says that, as the snakes continue to spread north, leaving a trail of ecological devastation in their wake, eradication of the species may be impossible with existing tools.

hilarious that the word eradication is still being used
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

is this the Florida thread?

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

reminds me of what used to happen at our pond in Kansas....except instead of seaweed it was some green flowering algae/water weed. I used to have to climb in there with a rake and a pitchfork and go as deep as I could stand and drag it all back and up onto the bank. Usually took 2 weeks to clear. Climbing in those nasty weeds with its tangling tendrils. Snakes swimming by....they loved those damn weeds. Yuck.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:18 am reminds me of what used to happen at our pond in Kansas....except instead of seaweed it was some green flowering algae/water weed. I used to have to climb in there with a rake and a pitchfork and go as deep as I could stand and drag it all back and up onto the bank. Usually took 2 weeks to clear. Climbing in those nasty weeds with its tangling tendrils. Snakes swimming by....they loved those damn weeds. Yuck.
no thank you
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:04 am is this the Florida thread?

It will be fascinating to watch Gov DeSantis seize the opportunity to cast the seaweed invasion and what it will cost a state that lives to fleece tourists as yet another failure of Biden and democrats, due to "wokeness".
Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Feral wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:59 am
TDub wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:18 am reminds me of what used to happen at our pond in Kansas....except instead of seaweed it was some green flowering algae/water weed. I used to have to climb in there with a rake and a pitchfork and go as deep as I could stand and drag it all back and up onto the bank. Usually took 2 weeks to clear. Climbing in those nasty weeds with its tangling tendrils. Snakes swimming by....they loved those damn weeds. Yuck.
no thank you
was always my least favorite spring/early summer chore.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

This cunt needs to be stopped.
"scorched earth"

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I endeavor to never use the "C" word, but no one tests my resolve more than MTJ.
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Nobody wraps herself in the red, white and blue of the flag better than MTG. Russia's flag that is. Its thick stripes make her brow ridge look smaller.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Pubs always fall back on…”if it can happen to (…), it can happen to you”
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sorry if this has already been posted. I have 3 letters to describe my exact feelings - WTF!
Or maybe I should use 3 different letters and express an emphatic - JFC.
My sincere apology if that offends anyone but I'm often too honest with my feelings - to a fault.

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I dont care who believes in what God or God's. But true belief is done without spectacle. This is all for show. If I were strongly religious I would be embarrassed by this pathetic performance.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

No doubt she is an embarrassment to her religion. As are most people - to lesser degrees.

Back to the Pub Party......

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

“ in support of a guy that doesn't give a single fuck about you?”

This is the part that baffles me.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

meh, nothing new.

western capitalism has a long and storied history of the rubes thinking the evil rich people care about them.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:17 pm meh, nothing new.

western capitalism…blah, blah, blah…
that’s where we are now
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

This is about where I’m at.