Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by ousdahl »

speaking of W, happy 20th anniversary of the invasion of Iraq.

https://www.npr.org/sections/picturesho ... n-invasion

back to Ukraine - anyone been keeping up about Xi's visit to Moscow?

I guess China's 12 point plan to end the war is a no-go cuz it would effectively ratify Russia's gains in Ukraine, right?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

now russia is threatening to just blow up the ICC with hypersonic missiles

ICC is probably just staffed by nazis
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, it IS one criticism of the ICC that they seem to levy their allegations disproportionately upon countries and world leaders that are...uh, not white...

but, let's face it. That's not why Putin is saying that shit. He's saying it cuz he's got little brother syndrome even worse than Timmy on the hoops bored, and he really is just going for carbon copies of shit the US has pulled.

and I DO NOT MEAN THAT AS WHATABOUTISM. I mean it as, it was lame when we did it, and even lamer now that Putin's doing it too.

It's called objective criticism for war. It's a thing!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Polish ambassador to France: Poland will be forced to enter war if Ukraine fails to defend itself

i’m sure he’s a CIA puppet or plant, though

“It is not NATO, Poland or Slovakia that are mounting ever more pressure, but Russia, which has invaded Ukraine. Russia, which is seizing its territories. Russia, which is killing its people. And Russia, which is abducting Ukrainian children.

Because our main values, which were the basis of our civilization and our culture will be threatened.”
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

and does anything say “imperialism” more than kidnapping and indoctrinating children?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea.

Those allegations are fucked.

What’s Poland’s angle tho? How will they “enter war?” Like give Ukraine proxy support? Command their own troops to get involved? In Ukraine or…?

I just read some thing about proxy wars, and how they rarely go well for the proxies, and how it’s difficult for all parties to stay on bored with the same objectives, and stuff…but heck, I don’t even remember what article that was, so that was prob Russian propaganda too.

And why is Poland making this appeal to France?

Speaking of, the Frenchies have been protesting in the streets, apparently about nato, and all sorts of stuff, cuz that’s what the frenchies do…but mostly about Macron raising the retirement age without a vote. That’s for another thread tho.

And, just a casual observation, but that quote you posted does sound propagandish. And yea, speaking of the CIA, they’ve been meddling in Poland for a long time, haven’t they?

Heck, Poland hosts that CIA black ops site…one of them, at least.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol…the French aren’t protesting about NATO

what’s wrong with you?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

man, what IS wrong with me.

I guess it's that, again, I'm skeptical of the mainstream war narratives right now, especially when they're being pushed on us by the same powers that pushed the whole "WMDs in Iraq" thing on us too (happy anniversary btw); and conditioning us to ignore, if not feverishly deride, any narrative but.

Sorry dude.

But, it's not the first time I've mentioned anti-war/anti-nato protests, in France and elsewhere. Maybe they are a thing!

if I post a video of a buncha folks marching in the street waving French flags and holding signs and chanting chants along the lines of, "Sortons vite de l'OTAN!", would that be an appropriate contribution to the thread?

Or should we just assume it too is Russian propaganda, as elaborate and ubiquitous as it apparently is?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

If someone were to post a video of a shirtless man in a Buffalo headdress climbing the gates at the capital would that be an accurate depiction of the realities of the situation or a representation of how the majority of the country feels? Or would that be one fringe groups version? A slice of delusional pie?

Just asking questions.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

for real tho, making up lies or intentionally misrepresenting reality is bush league lobster tactics
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

dude, not trying to make up lies, or intentionally misrepresent a thing.

for real for real, tho, please tell me this fake news.

if it IS some kinda Russian propaganda, it is some of the most elaborate of all time.

here you go!

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TDub wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:07 pm If someone were to post a video of a shirtless man in a Buffalo headdress climbing the gates at the capital would that be an accurate depiction of the realities of the situation or a representation of how the majority of the country feels? Or would that be one fringe groups version? A slice of delusional pie?

Just asking questions.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

honestly, I think it's less a question of dismissing it as Russian propaganda, and more a question of whether it's a lefty protest like "NATO is a buncha war criminals and should be held as accountable as anyone, so let's instead use those resources toward something that actually benefits people" and more some righty protest like "France good everybody else bad, cuz my world view starts and ends at the end of my own nose"

as far as the lobster accusation, bear in mind, I really am willing to change my mind here! it's the half a dozen or so other posters who wanna argue with me who are the ones desperately clinging to flimsy world views.

as far as "making up lies or intentionally misrepresenting reality," let me ask this, once again:

how are we so sure the powers that derped us about the whole "WMDs in Iraq" thing are suddenly playing us so straight about the Ukraine thing?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

answer the question
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:29 am
TDub wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:07 pm If someone were to post a video of a shirtless man in a Buffalo headdress climbing the gates at the capital would that be an accurate depiction of the realities of the situation or a representation of how the majority of the country feels? Or would that be one fringe groups version? A slice of delusional pie?

Just asking questions.
I mean, yea, I do wonder/think this might be some fringe interest among frenchies, even if they managed to find enough folks to go march in the streets. I wonder how much is "fringe," or (and bear in mind the world is a lot bigger than the like 6 people in this thread), how much is some real grander objective view of nato and America and Russia and Ukraine and China and war and all that jazz. I get the feeling the average American is a little more hawkish than the average world citizen at large.

but, to act like nato and the Merican war machine is just widely embraced all around the world as the unilateral good guys seems kinda disingenuous too, even if the only places you can find any criticism are mostly just the back alleys of twitter.

and while your example of a shirtless buffalo headdress isn't necessarily indicative of some "majority" of the country, it's still very much an accurate depiction of the realities of the situation. The sentiments involved, and general support for Trump despite Trump being Trump, have hardly been fringe. Yea, delusional pie perhaps, but still definitely some critical mass regardless.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

nobody is saying nato or America are infallible.

That is a fallacy you've created in your head in order to continue your imaginary crusade.

In this instance. It is, from all available evidence, a completely and totally justified response to a man intent on killing civilians, innocents, and invading land, with no provocation,, that is not his
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sweet nato talking points bro.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

if you are intent on being a fucking dumbass.

then, carry on. you're doing a helluva job.

I've tried, we've all tried. Nothing I said in my last 2 posts was inflammatory, yet here we are. Because you have nothing. Guess today's memes report hasn't been released yet.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

but, to act like nato and the Merican war machine is just widely embraced all around the world as the unilateral good guys seems kinda disingenuous too, even if the only places you can find any criticism are mostly just the back alleys of twitter.

literally nobody here has said that

i’ve alluded to it before, but your ever more apparent problem is embodied by your last phrase

framing the current protests in France as being about anything other than their pension reform is EXACTLY the kind of shit lobster used to do

quit playing the fucking victim