Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
randylahey

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by randylahey »

defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

So does he identify as trans? How else would he know how trans people feel??
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I never bought into the "I was born into the wrong body, I am the opposite sex" thing until I met several of my daughter's Trans friends. One person especially, born with female plumbing, but that's a guy. Dude is smart, really smart. And not a girl.

It took me while to get used to it, and I still don't understand it it, but these asshole Republicans passing any bill they can think of to make life harder for these kids are assholes and the furthest thing from Christian that they could possibly be.
Broham
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

So he's a pro-defecit populist
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i cannot pronounce that dudes name. but with every tweeter i like him a little more.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:59 am
Even setting aside the intentionally-misleading bit around IRS agents...

...what in the FUCK do you gun nuts want America to be? Is turning our schools into armed prison camps - out of necessity, because children keep getting turned into ground beef by AR-15 rounds - a worthwhile price to pay for "freedom"?

What in the FUCK is wrong with your brain, and your soul, to where kids' lives are necessary sacrifices?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:10 am

...what in the FUCK do you gun nuts want America to be? Is turning our schools into armed prison camps - out of necessity, because children keep getting turned into ground beef by AR-15 rounds - a worthwhile price to pay for "freedom"?

What in the FUCK is wrong with your brain, and your soul, to where kids' lives are necessary sacrifices?
We defend everything else in this country with guns. Banks, politicians, airports, so on and so forth
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:51 am i cannot pronounce that dudes name. but with every tweeter i like him a little more.
I wonder how many of the people who knew how to pronounce and insisted on saying Hussein when Obama was running for President haven't bothered to learn/care how to pronounce Vivek Ramaswamy's name.
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The armed guard at my school did not make it feel like a prison camp.
Neither do the armed guards at my synagogue.
It's just a reminder of living in a country where gun culture is baked in and there are a lot of sick fucks out there.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:11 am

We defend everything else in this country with guns. Banks, politicians, airports, so on and so forth
Lol. I'd say "think on that one for a bit," but.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:15 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:51 am i cannot pronounce that dudes name. but with every tweeter i like him a little more.
I wonder how many of the people who knew how to pronounce and insisted on saying Hussein when Obama was running for President haven't bothered to learn/care how to pronounce Vivek Ramaswamy's name.
I had the same thought. It's just some good, old-fashioned folks-based-racism.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Jfish you dont think children are worth defending? Or what
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:16 am

It's just a reminder of living in a country where gun culture is baked in and there are a lot of sick fucks out there.
I don't have an issue with there being armed guards at schools. But if you follow the True Believer Rube threads on this, what you will see is that there's no length to which they WON'T go, to make this not about guns. You will see (on the schools example) calls for TSA-style screening, for "hardened" entry/exit points, for mandatory arming of teachers, and on and on and on.

There's a reason that no other advanced nation has issues like these. And it has nothing to do with the US being an outlier in mental health issues, or the role of fathers in their kids' lives, or "wokeness", or what the fuck ever.

It. Is. The. Guns.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:22 am There's a reason that no other advanced nation has issues like these. And it has nothing to do with the US being an outlier in mental health issues, or the role of fathers in their kids' lives, or "wokeness", or what the fuck ever.
this the price of the kind of illogical and unnecessary “freedom” that the randys think they need (or are entitled to)

it’s really no different from his covid nonsense. fuck the safety and well-being of anyone else…mah rights…’murica!
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:20 am Jfish you dont think children are worth defending? Or what
Goddamn…Illy trained you well
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:15 am
How do you pronounce it?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:22 am

I don't have an issue with there being armed guards at schools. But if you follow the True Believer Rube threads on this, what you will see is that there's no length to which they WON'T go, to make this not about guns. You will see (on the schools example) calls for TSA-style screening, for "hardened" entry/exit points, for mandatory arming of teachers, and on and on and on.

There's a reason that no other advanced nation has issues like these. And it has nothing to do with the US being an outlier in mental health issues, or the role of fathers in their kids' lives, or "wokeness", or what the fuck ever.

It. Is. The. Guns.
Of which the USA has more (guns) than people. So what then is a solution? I’m asking and listening.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

dolomite wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:29 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:22 am

It. Is. The. Guns.
Of which the USA has more (guns) than people. So what then is a solution? I’m asking and listening.
"Solution" implies there's some magic bullet (sorry). This being the real world, there is no such thing. But, that should not stop you from taking rational and measured steps to improve things.