ousdahl

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by ousdahl »

Feral wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:12 pm I wish this would get old:
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:30 pm 6 victims identified.
Evelyn Dieckhaus, Hallie Scruggs, and William Kinney, all 9 years old, and adults Cynthia Peak, 61; Katherine Koonce, 60; and Mike Hill, 61.
Woke up, went to school, got shot and killed. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Any idea how they were dressed?
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Only 4 of over 170 previous mass shooters since 1966 have been women.
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:25 pm not just transgender, but a former student at the school

i’m sure there’s zero associated trauma…
To be clear, my supposition around the shooter being within the MAGAverse enemies list was based on how unusual it is for women to do things like this. So perhaps I'm the one guilty of going right to stereotypes (although I have a feeling this nuance will be lost on the MAGAts).
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:47 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:25 pm not just transgender, but a former student at the school

i’m sure there’s zero associated trauma…
To be clear, my supposition around the shooter being within the MAGAverse enemies list was based on how unusual it is for women to do things like this. So perhaps I'm the one guilty of going right to stereotypes (although I have a feeling this nuance will be lost on the MAGAts).
So prescient
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

6 degrees of Gutter - School shooting edition...... JFC! ;)

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/27/entertai ... index.html

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Nostra-fucking-damus here. Rube, I hope you at least blew your wad at her “toxic free” shop.
jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:01 pm And lord help us if this "female shooter" was in ANY way within the MAGAverse big bads (LGTBTQ, on government assistance, pro choice, what have you).
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Republicans have made the US the laughing stock of the world.

Derek Cressman
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Murder is already illegal. Making guns illegal won't stop deranged people from murdering others. Theres no logic there
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:45 am Murder is already illegal. Making guns illegal won't stop deranged people from murdering others. Theres no logic there
You want a deranged person coming at your kid with a gun or, checks notes, almost literally anything else?

I, for one, would be very happy with a reduction in gun deaths and a corresponding increase in attempted soup ladle bludgeonings.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:45 am Murder is already illegal. Making guns illegal won't stop deranged people from murdering others. Theres no logic there
Let me help you. If a "deranged person" doesn't have a gun, they can't shoot someone.
It really is that simple.
Sure, they can/will find another way to kill people if they are hell bent on killing someone but not a single one of those kids and adults at that school would have been shot and killed had the shooter not had a gun. Right?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:55 am
You want a deranged person coming at your kid with a gun or, checks notes, almost literally anything else?

I, for one, would be very happy with a reduction in gun deaths and a corresponding increase in attempted soup ladle bludgeonings.
Are you dumb enough to think that making guns illegal means people won't have gun?

Law abiding citizens won't, but murderers are not law abiding citizens. Murderers will still have guns
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Examples of things that have been illegal in this country: meth, Marijuana, murder, etc

Things that are in every city every day in this country: meth, murder, Marijuana

Making guns illegal could very well make the problem worse. Because guns will be less monitored, they will come strictly from the black market, and good people won't be able to defend themselves as easily

And obviously the government has wanted to disarm the population for a long time. Every corrupt tyrannical government has tried or succeeded to do that
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:34 am
Let me help you. If a "deranged person" doesn't have a gun, they can't shoot someone.
It really is that simple.
Sure, they can/will find another way to kill people if they are hell bent on killing someone but not a single one of those kids and adults at that school would have been shot and killed had the shooter not had a gun. Right?
School shootings take place in "gun free zones"

If it was as simple as making the guns illegal there.... then why do they still happen?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Australia says hold my beer.