Another mass shooting

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Question/s.
I am all for putting "security guards" in schools but how many ARMED security guards are needed at each school and can they be at all entrances/exits? I'll answer my own question/s. Not enough - no.
P.S. Watch the video and then tell me about "locked" doors.

Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

How many billions of dollars would the cartel make off guns if legal guns were no longer allowed lol
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Just having one or 2 armed security would be a huge detterant.

If we can afford to send billions to fund foreign wars, we can afford to fund our own kids security
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

only country in the world where this is such a problem

only country in the world with a cultural obsession with guns, and a politic and minority of idiot citizens unwilling to do anything about it
Last edited by KUTradition on Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:02 am How many billions of dollars would the cartel make off guns if legal guns were no longer allowed lol
I don't know what "the cartel" is nor do I comprehend how something is "legal" if it is not allowed.
Interesting how many Pubs are so adamant about stopping drugs coming in to the USA but they don't give a fuck about all the guns that are in this country and are used to kill innocent children (and adults) and in fact - many of them want more guns and easier accessibility.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:03 am Just having one or 2 armed security would be a huge detterant.

If we can afford to send billions to fund foreign wars, we can afford to fund our own kids security
I don't know about "huge detterant" but my guess is it wouldn't hurt in regards to making SOME potential "shooters" think twice.
I agree 100% "we" can afford to fund our kids security.
Meanwhile, these were your exact words.
"Murder is already illegal. Making guns illegal won't stop deranged people from murdering others. Theres no logic there."
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

we don’t even fund the actual education of students appropriately…now we’re going to fund armed guards in all schools?

dumb
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:49 am Examples of things that have been illegal in this country: meth, Marijuana, murder, etc

Things that are in every city every day in this country: meth, murder, Marijuana

Making guns illegal could very well make the problem worse. Because guns will be less monitored, they will come strictly from the black market, and good people won't be able to defend themselves as easily

And obviously the government has wanted to disarm the population for a long time. Every corrupt tyrannical government has tried or succeeded to do that
As usual, just shitting out, undigested, the same shit you ate at Charlie Kirk’s (or whoever’s) direction, for his (or whoever’s) profit.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:15 am
randylahey wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:03 am Just having one or 2 armed security would be a huge detterant.

I don't know about "huge detterant" but my guess is it wouldn't hurt in regards to making SOME potential "shooters" think twice.
"Murder is already illegal. Making guns illegal won't stop deranged people from murdering others. Theres no logic there."
Are schools in other countries armed prison camps (but in the, ah, good way)?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:12 am only country in the world where this is such a problem

only country in the world with a cultural obsession with guns, and a politic and minority of idiot citizens unwilling to do anything about it
Fetish or paranoia?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:36 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:15 am

Are schools in other countries armed prison camps (but in the, ah, good way)?
I don't what other countries do and don't do in regards to protecting students and teachers in schools.
Thankfully for other countries they don't have an issue with people shooting up schools to the extent we do in the USA.
I do know we feel the need to have security in airports, at some/many sporting events, at some/many concerts, in many/most government buildings, etc., etc., etc.
Why do we feel there ISN'T a need to have security in schools?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Only country in the world that fought a war against a tyrannical government that didn't want them to have guns, made a point of making laws to secure their right to have guns (for protection against enemies foreign or domestic)

And now a country being flooded with propaganda to convince citizens to willingly surrender those privileges people fought and died for, all because over the past few centuries, a new generation of tyrannical government has taken root
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

defixione wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:41 am Fetish or paranoia?
We have one vote for paranoia.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:03 am Only country in the world that fought a war against a tyrannical government that didn't want them to have guns, made a point of making laws to secure their right to have guns (for protection against enemies foreign or domestic)

And now a country being flooded with propaganda to convince citizens to willingly surrender those privileges people fought and died for, all because over the past few centuries, a new generation of tyrannical government has taken root
Did the well regulated militias of the late 18th century routinely ventilate children?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

All this is going to do is add “security guard” to the list of victims, in addition to “student” and “teacher”
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian!
@BettyBowers

USA: It's a mental health issue.

WORLD: We have those. We don't have mass shootings.

USA: Then it's a video game issue.

WORLD: We have those. We don't have mass shootings.

USA: It's very complex.

WORLD: No, it's gun laws.

USA: Prayer in school?

WORLD: God, you're stupid.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

It would be a perfect gig for veterans coming out of the military.

Who do you think would win in a gunfight.. a soldier or someone with no training
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

zsn wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:20 am

All this is going to do is add “security guard” to the list of victims, in addition to “student” and “teacher”
Or we could all hand over our guns and nobody would be able to stop the shooters. And we could all be victims on the list. Once the person with no regard for laws ignores the laws of obtaining guns too
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Humans are violent, always have been and always will be. I know you guys mean well, but disarming yourselves is NOT the way to protect yourself from violence. So naive
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I also feel that the endless attention these shooters get actually adds to the problem. It unintentionally glorifies them. A lot of these shooters are kids that slipped through the cracks of society and feel lost and forgotten. This is their way of reminding us that they are still here