Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:12 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:39 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:27 pm

DC apologizes but is exceptionally busy at the moment.

In brief: Putin is evil. Putin is the aggressor in Ukraine. Putin should be kicked in the nuts as frequently as possible.

At the same time, the American policy of slow but steady escalation in aid (and, now, training) has been disastrous. It's been a slow enough burn that it never actually helps Ukraine, but fast enough that it provides the guys working at Lockheed with enough extra scratch to ensure that they can make the payments on the new chlorine-free, salt-water pools they're putting in. We HAVE boots on the ground in Ukraine; they're there to "train our allies" which is nice (but which would be triggering nostalgic seizures on this board, if we had any Boomers here old enough to remember how Kennedy's "best and brightest" sold Vietnam).

As with every conflict in which we've been involved over the last 25 years, we have no idea when victory will be achieved because we have no idea what victory is supposed to look like. That's something we can work out later -- always. Our strategy -- such as it is -- has been articulated and sold to official Washington and to the public by the same group of dipshits who sold the last two wars. Sadly, many of them (looking at you, Bill Kristol) see opposition to Putin as a proxy for opposition to Trump, which is to say that, to them, this is personal, not patriotic.

So far, the only winners from the policy advocated by the Bipartisan Washington Consensus are those who were smart enough to be heavy into defense stocks prior to Feb. 2022.
i don’t think that’s what ousie wanted you to say
actually, this is more or less exactly what I wanted DC to say.
Thanks DC, you finally explained 14 months of posts about the Maidan Revolution, Azov Nazis, how Ukraine has never been a country, how the US provoked Putin to fear for Russian sovereignty and how the
Ukrainians being white Christians are the for real causes of this whole war thing.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelp
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Youbuycrypto
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Finland in with NATO

Sweden, not quite yet
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:17 pm Finland in with NATO

Sweden, not quite yet
Yay!

F___ Erdoğan.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

nuclear proliferation?

nbd
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, hopefully not a big deal, but maybe a big deal.

Last I read, Putin did it as a tit-for-tat in response to the UK giving depleted uranium munitions to Ukraine.

that’s not to say it’s appropriate for Putin to do so, just that it’s not appropriate for the UK to do so, either.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i just read he blamed the US, so…
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

yea..but.....have you tried just sitting with him, smoking a bowl with him. Maybe doing some light meditation. Then...just talking through the situation with him, apologizing for the world's obvious aggression towards him? Maybe offering him further leniency and respect and like maybe half of Ukraine?

Then, like, maybe...itd all be good man...and we can like just....all share man, all get along and like.....hug and shit. Put on some phish jams....itll all work out bro. If we jist take a new approach, he can bring the tanks, were gonna bring the bong man. right on.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ummmm

seems pretty heavy on the generally dramatic tone, and verbiage of absolutes. As such, doesn't exactly come across as objective journalism.

but, since I couldn't read most of the article cuz it's behind a paywall, guess I just gotta ask:

so what IS the only realistic answer to Putin?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:42 am
yea..but.....have you tried just sitting with him, smoking a bowl with him. Maybe doing some light meditation. Then...just talking through the situation with him, apologizing for the world's obvious aggression towards him? Maybe offering him further leniency and respect and like maybe half of Ukraine?

Then, like, maybe...itd all be good man...and we can like just....all share man, all get along and like.....hug and shit. Put on some phish jams....itll all work out bro. If we jist take a new approach, he can bring the tanks, were gonna bring the bong man. right on.
but DChawk doesn't like Phish!

wait, yea he does...but by proxy...considering he's my sock...
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:30 am ummmm

seems pretty heavy on the generally dramatic tone, and verbiage of absolutes. As such, doesn't exactly come across as objective journalism.

but, since I couldn't read most of the article cuz it's behind a paywall, guess I just gotta ask:

dissappear the motherfucker? Perhaps he has an unfortunate slip in the stairwell and falls out one of the many many open windows in Russia.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:59 am

dissappear the motherfucker? Perhaps he has an unfortunate slip in the stairwell and falls out one of the many many open windows in Russia.
It's wild how they seem to like to keep their windows wide open when it is so cold there.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:59 am

so many other russians (who happen to have voiced their displeasure with the Ukraine situation) have met untimely and suspicious ends, so seems like it would be a fairly normal thing for the same fate to befall putin
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I was gonna say...so if Putin is as reviled and if Russia at large is as crooked as we're told it is, how did this guy hang onto power for this long without some "unfortunate slip"

ETA I'm kinda surprised there aren't more suggestions to try to cut the head off the beast, so to speak, and to try one way or another to take out Putin directly.

but, back to the question: so is that the article's only realistic answer to Putin? Hope he falls down a flight of stairs, Ivana Trump style?

Or is the article's solution, as the sub-headline suggests, not relenting in "helping" Ukraine, with that "help" being, maintaining some status quo of continuing to flood the place with weapons with no end game in sight?

also, what the heck is the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor in the George W. Bush administration?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

dang, was hoping I'd get an answer.

so far, the closest thing I've found is this reply from one of DC's burner accounts on the tweeter:

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Countries are meeting with China to switch the value of the petrodollar away from the US dollar to the yuan.

So you can bet your ass we are ready for world War 3. Or the American economy comes crashing down (more than it already is)

Last time there were serious talks of changing the petrodollar away from the US dollar, 9/11 happened and we invaded the middle east
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »