Another mass shooting

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:17 am Do we think randy has kids?
I have many children. They post on here regularly. They always worry about me and cry about making sure I wear a mask
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:17 am Violence is the problem. Even if somehow you magically made guns and all weapons instantly disappear of the face of the earth forever, murder would still be just as common

Especially since automatic weapons make up such a tiny tiny percentage of murders
This is just an absurd thing to say; if this was remotely true, then I think you'd see a lot more diversity in how exactly mass murderers go about murdering people en masse.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:19 am
pdub wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:17 am Do we think randy has kids?
I have many children. They post on here regularly. They always worry about me and cry about making sure I wear a mask
So that's a no.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:14 am
pdub wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:43 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:38 am This isn't about keeping people safe. This about controlling people.
No it's not.
Over 70% of America wants stricter gun control.

Additionally:

The 2nd Ammendment was intended for colonies/commonwealths/states that didn't have a standing army yet as a means to protect themselves. It was a new nation. Washington and the Federalists changed that in the mid 1790s when the Army was created to fight the Native Americans. If the States want to create militias, where people volunteer and train and have access to those weapons, much like joining the military but directly just for your state and not Federally bound in anyway, because they think/feel the State could rise against a tyrannical government, i'm in support of those members having access to the weaponry the National Armed Forces have ( though they would never get even close to the capabilities with pin point distance missiles, high speed jets, drones etc ).
This is why textualism is dangerous: it makes no sense whatsoever to presume that the founders intended for the Constitution to apply ONLY to the world as it existed in the 18th century (and that anything from there forward was basically lol you're on your own now).
It's crazy how we treat the Constitution. We act like the 2nd Amendment was divinely written and can never be altered (even though the best part of the constitution is that it can be amended, and the 2nd amendment is itself an amendment.) Meanwhile, the next amendment makes the critical protection of not allowing me to have to let a soldier stay the night with me during times of peace.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:18 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:16 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:11 am

When did I say anything about 1/6 or warmongers?
(You don't need to.)
Because you'll make up whatever preconceived bullshit you think applies to me and claim i said it anyways???
Your entire schtick is unoriginal and derivative, and comes directly from the TP USA/CPAC d-list's stock gotchas and "interesting facts".

You are being taken advantage of by that d-list. That d-list does not care about you or your rights. Or me or mine.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:20 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:17 am Violence is the problem. Even if somehow you magically made guns and all weapons instantly disappear of the face of the earth forever, murder would still be just as common

Especially since automatic weapons make up such a tiny tiny percentage of murders
This is just an absurd thing to say; if this was remotely true, then I think you'd see a lot more diversity in how exactly mass murderers go about murdering people en masse.
Bombings, knives, axes, swords, vehicles, flying planes into buildings, poisons, the list goes on forever

"Assault weapons" make up a very small percentage of murders

Youve just been programed by the media to react to them
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:25 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:16 am

(You don't need to.)
Because you'll make up whatever preconceived bullshit you think applies to me and claim i said it anyways???
Your entire schtick is unoriginal and derivative, and comes directly from the TP USA/CPAC d-list's stock gotchas and "interesting facts".

You are being taken advantage of by that d-list. That d-list does not care about you or your rights. Or me or mine.
Never mentioned any of them either. Again you are just making stuff up and reaffirming my point that you make up preconceived ideas about me. Way to go jfish
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:23 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:14 am
pdub wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:43 am

No it's not.
Over 70% of America wants stricter gun control.

Additionally:

The 2nd Ammendment was intended for colonies/commonwealths/states that didn't have a standing army yet as a means to protect themselves. It was a new nation. Washington and the Federalists changed that in the mid 1790s when the Army was created to fight the Native Americans. If the States want to create militias, where people volunteer and train and have access to those weapons, much like joining the military but directly just for your state and not Federally bound in anyway, because they think/feel the State could rise against a tyrannical government, i'm in support of those members having access to the weaponry the National Armed Forces have ( though they would never get even close to the capabilities with pin point distance missiles, high speed jets, drones etc ).
This is why textualism is dangerous: it makes no sense whatsoever to presume that the founders intended for the Constitution to apply ONLY to the world as it existed in the 18th century (and that anything from there forward was basically lol you're on your own now).
It's crazy how we treat the Constitution. We act like the 2nd Amendment was divinely written and can never be altered (even though the best part of the constitution is that it can be amended, and the 2nd amendment is itself an amendment.) Meanwhile, the next amendment makes the critical protection of not allowing me to have to let a soldier stay the night with me during times of peace.
This is correct -- but even then, we don't need to alter the 2nd Amendment at all -- just interpret it differently ( or rather, have some common sense and understand what the founders intended ) in regards to the very first words that the Amendment begins with.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:26 am

Bombings, knives, axes, swords, vehicles, flying planes into buildings, poisons, the list goes on forever

We aren't saying we can solve all murders.

Just like you're saying you can't stop all illegal immigrants from entering the country but we should do something.

Or prevent all businesses from mandating masks but we should do something.

Or stop any minors from trying to transition to another sex but we should do something.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:29 am

We aren't saying we can solve all murders.

Just like you're saying you can't stop all illegal immigrants from entering the country but we should do something.

Or prevent all businesses from mandating masks but we should do something.

Or stop any minors from trying to transition to another sex but we should do something.
Here's an example.

https://www.kff.org/global-health-polic ... countries/

The US is the only country on this list, where firearms are the leading cause of childhood death.

All the other countries have stricter gun laws.

All the other countries still had children die from firearms, but none of them were dying at a rate (even after adjusting for population) that even approaches the US.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The United States would be an outlier on a lot of statistical lists that are all factors contributing to the decay of our nation's mental health that creates the environment producing killers
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:16 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:41 am inconvenient fact: only pussies think they need an automatic weapon, and that owning one is protected by the constitution
Weren't you the one terrified of a virus with a 99 percent survival rate? And supported forced lockdowns/vaccinations/masking. Hilarious calling anyone else a pussy
terrified?

hardly

keep swinging, bub
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:44 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:41 am inconvenient fact: only pussies think they need an automatic weapon, and that owning one is protected by the constitution
Weren't you the one terrified of a virus with a 99 percent survival rate? And supported forced lockdowns/vaccinations/masking. Hilarious calling anyone else a pussy
terrified?

hardly

keep swinging, bub
You sure acted like it. Remember all the things you thought were necessary for us to do
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:47 am

terrified?

hardly

keep swinging, bub
You sure acted like it. Remember all the things you thought were necessary for us to do
like i said, keep swinging

your level of dumb is entertaining
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:48 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:47 am
terrified?

hardly

keep swinging, bub
like i said, keep swinging

your level of dumb is entertaining
Thats amazing that you were so insistent back then, only to find out later you were never actually that concerned about it

LOL
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:44 am The United States would be an outlier on a lot of statistical lists that are all factors contributing to the decay of our nation's mental health that creates the environment producing killers
Spain has a larger percentage of people with depression and mental illness than the United States but the United States had over 16 times the number of gun deaths per 100,000 people in 2019.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:19 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:06 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:28 am I see the pro-gun crowd is out making their usual talking points.

The best thing they could do is stop fucking killing innocent people.

No one would care what type of gun you had, how many you had, how large the capacity was, if they weren't frequently being used to kill innocent people, often large numbers of them.

If seeing a half dozen people murdered for no reason makes you angry at people who don't like guns rather than the senseless murders, you have some fucked up priorities.
The tree of liberty apparently MUST be watered with the blood of nine year olds.
And can we please please ban drag shows, and books, and can we strictly regulate what's taught in school. In the name of liberty.

We simply must protect the children. You know, the children of the USA, the demographic for whom the leading cause of death is firearms.
no, we shouldn't be banning or regulating any of that. At all.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Again: the evidence speaks for itself here. It says that right now, assault-style weapons are the preferred choice for committing mass murder.

What adults do, when solving problems, is prioritization. It is abundantly clear that assault weapons should be the priority.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:28 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:25 am

Never mentioned any of them either. Again you are just making stuff up and reaffirming my point that you make up preconceived ideas about me. Way to go jfish
You do mention them. You routinely embed stupid gotcha tweets/posts from these d-list heroes, like Jenna Ellis, Michael Knowles, "Patriot Barbie", etc. And those were just yesterday!

You are being exploited by them, to support their lifestyles. They do not share your values (because they do not have values other than self-interest).

They just want your money, and your amplification.

It's not quite a predator/prey relationship; they don't want you dead. They want to control you, and profit off you.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:44 am The United States would be an outlier on a lot of statistical lists that are all factors contributing to the decay of our nation's mental health that creates the environment producing killers
But the United States is not an outlier on prevalence of mental health issues.

We're an outlier on gun deaths, though.

Because rubes like you have been convinced - by people getting unfathomably wealthy from exploiting your fears and insecurities - that kids getting blasted to hell is a perfectly acceptable price to pay for the freedom to own assault-style weapons.