Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:54 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:48 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:47 am

You sure acted like it. Remember all the things you thought were necessary for us to do
like i said, keep swinging

your level of dumb is entertaining
Thats amazing that you were so insistent back then, only to find out later you were never actually that concerned about it

LOL
i was always in favor of common sense measure to support public health

i was never in favor of forced anything on the general public

don’t be dumb and conflate that my support for governments/institutions/businesses to do what they felt were necessary measures for the safety of their employees

i ALWAYS was very clear that if “you” didn’t want to get vaccinated, that it was your prerogative and within your rights…just expect that your choice would have consequences on your levels of participation in society…no different than most other vaccines

not that hard, dumdum
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Why do people like Tim Pool all wear hats all the time?
It's like 80% of them wear hats.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:41 am Any plan that includes "seizing guns" is guaranteed to lead to a civil war. So no, not valid
Yeah, right. All the big talkers are gonna go to war against their own country and get immediately wiped off the map? No. There would be some protests and whining but those people aren't going to war against a far superior opponent.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:38 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:41 am Any plan that includes "seizing guns" is guaranteed to lead to a civil war. So no, not valid
Yeah, right. All the big talkers are gonna go to war against their own country and get immediately wiped off the map? No. There would be some protests and whining but those people aren't going to war against a far superior opponent.
No soldier is going to want to risk their life to kill their own countrymen either. And you can't immediately wipe millions of gun owners off the map without destroying the whole country
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:45 pm
No soldier is going to want to risk their life to kill their own countrymen either. And you can't immediately wipe millions of gun owners off the map without destroying the whole country
But don't you see the problem here? Absolutely NO ONE serious is talking about anything remotely CLOSE to this.

But you - a rube - being manipulated as you have been into stirring shit like this, stir other people's shit. And that's what leads to paranoia and "misunderstandings" and "accidents" and so on.

Just fucking STOP. There was not "almost" a civil war over the last election. There's not GOING to be a "civil war" over gun control.

You are being exploited.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:36 pm Why do people like Tim Pool all wear hats all the time?
Oooooh, pick me! Pick me!
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

and to think, a ksu fan got banned from this site for being proud of his school.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

There wouldn't be millions willing to take up arms against the country.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This is the poli bored.
It's a shit show.
Do your thing ( also tmcats isn't banned - he can return in just over 2 weeks ).

I just lost it temporarily because I watched a video of an officer ( and good on him ) doing his job and gun nuts are out there saying 'thoughts and prayers' and 'look at the hero' while, in the video, the officer walks right past a dead 9 year old on the ground. Forgive me, but I simply cannot imagine what those parents are going through now. It's personal, I'll admit it.

And now instead of, 'god we really should do something about this gun problem, those are children' it's 'i dare you to come take my guns!'

If that's your first thought when people are trying to figure out solutions, fuck you to your fucking shitty rotten ass worthless core.
- pdub out of polibored
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:00 pm

But don't you see the problem here? Absolutely NO ONE serious is talking about anything remotely CLOSE to this.

But you - a rube - being manipulated as you have been into stirring shit like this, stir other people's shit. And that's what leads to paranoia and "misunderstandings" and "accidents" and so on.

Just fucking STOP. There was not "almost" a civil war over the last election. There's not GOING to be a "civil war" over gun control.

You are being exploited.
The narrative that so many people care this much about it that they are willing to die is necessary to sell the importance of the battle for their freedom so that the power players can continue to exploit them for their money. It sells guns and ammo for people to believe they are arming themselves to defend against their own country because that was part of the intent of the amendment in the Constitution.

"I'm a Constitution loving Patriot" is a lot easier to sell as a positive character trait rather than "my balls tingle when I shoot big guns".

No one is going to tey to take everyone's guns and no one is raising arms against the army.

This same conversation dissolves into the same stupidity over and over and over again despite the rights claim that they are interested in "reasonable discussion" over changes. The country is littered with failed bills of reasonable changes that the right killed on the vine.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Theres a lot of things we can do that don't involve breaking the fundamentals of this country and taking guns away from law abiding citizens
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:36 pm Why do people like Tim Pool all wear hats all the time?
Id wager that I wear a hat probably 85% of my waking hours and 95% of my outside the house hours.

Though almost never those weird little non functional beanie things these guys seem to love
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:17 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:00 pm

You are being exploited.
The narrative that so many people care this much about it that they are willing to die is necessary to sell the importance of the battle for their freedom so that the power players can continue to exploit them for their money. It sells guns and ammo for people to believe they are arming themselves to defend against their own country because that was part of the intent of the amendment in the Constitution.

"I'm a Constitution loving Patriot" is a lot easier to sell as a positive character trait rather than "my balls tingle when I shoot big guns".

No one is going to tey to take everyone's guns and no one is raising arms against the army.

This same conversation dissolves into the same stupidity over and over and over again despite the rights claim that they are interested in "reasonable discussion" over changes. The country is littered with failed bills of reasonable changes that the right killed on the vine.
What's sad is that the message isn't, "this is how you prove you're a Constitution loving Patriot." It's, "if you don't do this, it proves you're a Constitution hating libtard."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:24 pm Theres a lot of things we can do that don't involve breaking the fundamentals of this country and taking guns away from law abiding citizens
True or false: banning AR-15s and the like would "break the fundamentals of this country."

True or false. No slippery slope stuff, etc.

True, or false.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

True. The point of the 2 amendment is to defend against a tyrannical government

A tyrannical government exists, and has been wanting to do away with the 2a for decades. An ar is an effective tool for self defense
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller (ruling) support(s) the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.”
Antonin Scalia, Heller
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Shall not be infringed upon
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:53 pm True. The point of the 2 amendment is to defend against a tyrannical government

A tyrannical government exists, and has been wanting to do away with the 2a for decades. An ar is an effective tool for self defense
I didn't say "True (if), or false (but)."

Is it true, or is it false, that banning private purchases of assault rifles would "break the fundamentals of this country."

The answer cannot be "true," because that is absurd. Life would go right on as usual (indeed, for thousands, it would go on longer).

The answer must then be "false." But of course, you can't admit that, because you cannot admit that you are - when it really comes down to it - saying that the freedom to own a plaything is worth the cost in blood.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:39 pm Shall not be infringed upon
Real Constitution lovers would quote the Constitution accurately, at least.