Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Jayhawks in the NBA

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:59 am Svi getting minutes bc Oubre is out.
Much rather Svi do well than Oubre.

Yep, I said on Wednesday......
"Best thing to happen to Svi's NBA career may be Oubre getting injured".

I like Oubre more than Svi so my sentiment is I'd rather see Svi back in the Kraine fighting for his Motherland than him do better in the NBA than Oubre. ;)
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meh.

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

"With God anything is possible". No. Wrong. Try again.
Do people truly believe that? If so, that's very frightening to me.

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:14 am "With God anything is possible". No. Wrong. Try again.

No reason for you to see grady declaring for the NBA and feeling grateful and this is your reaction. People like you is what is wrong with this country. Its your own business if you dont beleive in God, and its none of your business is somebody else does

The problem is so many people now dont beleive in ANYTHING
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

College basketball does not hold my attention like it once did. Still love the Hawks, of course, but find myself watching less and less each year. Not sure it has anything to do with lack of roster continuity, but it lines up that way.

Problem with issues with ‘god’, IMO, are that Christianity is attacked while others are celebrated, generally speaking.

Of course, not sure Christians have to adhere to many customs that could affect their play. Thoughts and prayers for everyone!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:41 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:14 am "With God anything is possible". No. Wrong. Try again.

No reason for you to see grady declaring for the NBA and feeling grateful and this is your reaction. People like you is what is wrong with this country. Its your own business if you dont beleive in God, and its none of your business is somebody else does

The problem is so many people now dont beleive in ANYTHING
1. Would be nice if you knew how to spell his name.
2. I respected Gradey as a KU player and I sincerely wish him well in the future.
3. Ok, you feel I am what is wrong with this country. Got it. I happen to feel people who believe "with God anything is possible" is ONE major thing that is wrong with this country.
4. You are 100% right it is my business if I don't (or do) believe in God. What you seem incapable of comprehending is it's also 100% of MY business when someone feels the needs to share THEIR business with me.
You and Gradey want to believe whatever it is you and Gradey want to believe about God - and SHARE IT WITH OTHERS, fantastic! You and Gradey share that with me, I am going to share my feelings and beliefs with you.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Rainbowsandunicorns. Chill out dude. Im not religious. But its ignorant to disrespect people that want to show gratitude and meaning in life. Gradey feels blessed to be where he is at in life, as he should
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:20 am Rainbowsandunicorns. Chill out dude. Im not religious. But its ignorant to disrespect people that want to show gratitude and meaning in life. Gradey feels blessed to be where he is at in life, as he should
I give you credit for your post. Can't and won't disagree. Wrong of me to disrespect him for the perspective you provided.
Could have simply said - Good for Gradey. Probably would have thought if not posted that if he left the with God anything is possible part out of his announcement.
To each their own but I am someone who feels while that may work for Gradey, it doesn't work for others (such as myself) and can be a dangerous message to send.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:27 am
randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:20 am Rainbowsandunicorns. Chill out dude. Im not religious. But its ignorant to disrespect people that want to show gratitude and meaning in life. Gradey feels blessed to be where he is at in life, as he should
I give you credit for your post. Can't and won't disagree. Wrong of me to disrespect him for the perspective you provided.
Could have simply said - Good for Gradey. Probably would have thought if not posted that if he left the with God anything is possible part out of his announcement.
To each their own but I am someone who feels while that may work for Gradey, it doesn't work for others (such as myself) and can be a dangerous message to send.
Can't imagine how anyone can view that as a "dangerous message to send" ?

I'm curious to hear your perspective here
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:40 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:27 am
Can't imagine how anyone can view that as a "dangerous message to send" ?

I'm curious to hear your perspective here
I'm happy to have a respectful dialogue with you on the subject. Not sure this is the right forum but semi-briefly......

You truly believe "with God" ANYTHING is possible? I don't.
Hey Daddy, "with God", can I jump off a building and fly? Gradey told me "with God" ANYTHING is possible.
I want to jump off a building and flap my arms and fly to Grandma's house.
Sure Son, "with God" you can jump off a building and fly to Grandma's. Go for it!

Without giving it much thought, I am 99.999999% sure there is nothing I need God for that I can't accomplish without God - other than maybe believing in God - but I don't think I even need God to do that.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

internet douchebags gotta internet douchebag. it’s what they do.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

as much as you do not want to hear what gd has to say on the subject. We don’t want to hear what you……….
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The condition under which life and reality emerged is God. The ability to propound on the universe after eons of inorganic silence is a miracle. Eons of self-conscious existence might reveal a master of the continuum. In the meantime we have a kid who was luckily born tall and a shooter rightly thanking providence for being a Jayhawk. May we all be so grateful.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Modern day mythology is cool.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:14 pm Modern day mythology is cool.
Better hope that the dreamer who currently provides you the realistic interactive space does not awaken
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

If that dreamer did awaken, wouldn’t I just cease to exist and be none the wiser? Sounds good to me.

If my exercise of free will to ‘not believe’ is worse than those that do and then commit ‘moral atrocitities’, I’m good with being first in line.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Oh, and if this dreamer does awaken, please keep me, and others like me in your thoughts and prayers. Maybe if the dreamer is awake, they’ll prove more meaningful. Or would we just get what we deserve at that point? In this dreamer’s eyes, of course.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

what the hell is the dreamer?

ive said this before, I'll say it again. The single all knowing entity makes perhaps the least sense. Why wouldn't there be entities in charge of various aspects of the universe?

I think I'll have some mushroom soup like the pagans or some peyote like the natives...... see who shows up to talk to me and go with that.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Nothing yesterday other than the Twinkees didn't play in their team's game/s.

Substantial rumor is Wiggins is back in the Bay.
Who beats a healthy and full Warriors squad in the playoffs?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I want to see angry Wiggins inner beast unleashed in the playoffs. His personal situation is rumored to be quite shitty, but if he can channel that into basketball...

We might see the league getting dunked all over