Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:02 pm demonrats are the most intolerant animals on earth.
There are lots of negative things one could say about the democrats. This is not one of them.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:18 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:02 pm demonrats are the most intolerant animals on earth.
There are lots of negative things one could say about the democrats. This is not one of them.
intolerance and hypocrisy isn't a negative?

It sure is when its being said about the other side....
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

while dems certainly can be, it’s high-larius to suggest that they are the intolerant one of the two

but, it’s mich, so…
Last edited by KUTradition on Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:43 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:38 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:24 pm asa hutchinson now throwing his hat in the ring

trump
haley
hutchinson
ramaswamy
Trump won't get my vote
Haley won't get my vote
Hutchinson won't get my vote
Ramaswamy won't get my vote

DeSantis won't get my vote
Pence won't get my vote

Johnson won't get my vote

Biden won't get my vote
Harris won't get my vote

Bozo the clown will get my vote over the 9 people I listed above - and many other who may run.
don't you dare suggest possible voting for a 3rd party candidate Gutter. ZSN won't allow any thoughts outside his narrow spectrum of opinion.

Also cracks me up that....of course th hard core Republicans aren't very tolerant of other views. But the people who preach and preach tolerance, and March for tolerance and talk ad nauseum about tolerance (all good things btw).....are absolutely intolerant when it comes to anything outside their bubble of thought. Its a little Alanis Morissette.
No, you’re misrepresenting my position. All you have done is tell who you are against. But none of you have said what you stand for and who you are for and why. That’s my biggest problem with all of your 3rd party fetish. Tell me what your practical non-negotiable positions are. Tell me who are the top 2-5 candidates you will vote FOR. If I find a 3rd party candidate who has positions and policies I support I will absolutely support and vote for him/her. So far I haven’t seen anyone who fits that description.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I sure as hell havent seen it in the traditional parties....so why would you categorically dismiss entire sectors of the potential candidate pool?

and I'm not misinterpreting anything....you are competing for and quite possibly winning as the least tolerant person on this board (particularly with Cascadia gone). Thats not a misinterpretation..its a fact. You are highly educated, and as such, you assume that your opinion is the only possible correct answer and you dismiss anyone who disagrees (even if they are also highly educated). Meanwhile, day in and day out youscold others for intolerance. Its laughable.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

How is asking for what you stand for and asking for who you would vote for intolerance? I fully understand the shortcomings of the two-party system we have in this country. I voted FOR Biden because I believe he is one of the most accomplished politicians in my lifetime. He has accomplished a lot in the last two years. Is he perfect? Not by any stretch. But is he an appropriate choice for our time? Without a doubt.

If I’m intolerant of charlatans, guilty as charged. We all should be. I’m intolerant of those who support “family values” but don’t mind supporting a confessed sexual assailant who has had a history of marital infidelity. I’m intolerant of those who do nothing about avoidable killings.

But back to my original point: all of you who list everyone who you wouldn’t vote for…..provide a list of who you would vote for.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

John Delaney.
Larry Hogan.
Tim Ryan.
John Kasich.

I don't line up perfectly with any of them. But I prefer them over the ones that can actually win primaries. Hence, the problem with the current two party system.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I havent seen anyone this time around that I'd vote for yet.

I didnt see anyone that made it on the ballot that I wanted to vote for last time either....or the time before that.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Id vote for Mickey fucking Mouse over our last 8 years of options.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:54 pm while dems certainly can be, it’s high-larius to suggest that they are the intolerant one of the two

but, it’s mich, so…
My goodness.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mjl wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:58 pm John Delaney.
Larry Hogan.
Tim Ryan.
John Kasich.

I don't line up perfectly with any of them. But I prefer them over the ones that can actually win primaries. Hence, the problem with the current two party system.
Which John Kasich?

The one that served in the House? Or the one who put on a show to try to get himself a nice media gig when his presidential campaign won 0 delegates?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The one whose shoes you disapprove of
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:00 pm How is asking for what you stand for and asking for who you would vote for intolerance? I fully understand the shortcomings of the two-party system we have in this country. I voted FOR Biden because I believe he is one of the most accomplished politicians in my lifetime. He has accomplished a lot in the last two years. Is he perfect? Not by any stretch. But is he an appropriate choice for our time? Without a doubt.

If I’m intolerant of charlatans, guilty as charged. We all should be. I’m intolerant of those who support “family values” but don’t mind supporting a confessed sexual assailant who has had a history of marital infidelity. I’m intolerant of those who do nothing about avoidable killings.

But back to my original point: all of you who list everyone who you wouldn’t vote for…..provide a list of who you would vote for.
The perfect little Marcusian.

Well done.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mjl wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:14 pm The one whose shoes you disapprove of
That's both of him.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

My take on him is based on how he positioned himself in '16 as someone concerned about polarization on both sides, and, when speaking to specific issues, seemed near me on the political spectrum relative to most other Republican and Democratic candidates.

I don't know enough about his history to know much beyond that.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

He was a helluva good Congressman and an especially good Budget Committee Chairman.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

But he always had shitty taste in shoes.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

The Chicago Mayoral election "run off" is tomorrow. I don't want either Paul Vallas or Brandon Johnson to be MY Mayor or the City's Mayor. That being said, all things considered, I would prefer Vallas over Johnson by a small margin.
I have three choices.
1. Vote for (and support) Vallas - the candidate I least don't want to be MY and the city's Mayor.
2. Vote for a write in (Bozo the clown?).
3. Don't vote at all.
All 3 choices suck.

zsn is asking for people to list who they would vote for.
For me, none of those who have announced they are running. Unless someone is for sure running, that's like asking me who is my favorite to win the Academy Award for best Actor out of those who are not nominated.
If I could make someone run for President who would I want and vote for?
Off the top of my head, without giving it much thought, these are people I might not vote for but I can't say I definitively would not vote for.

Larry Hogan
Susan Collins
Deval Patrick
Pete Buttigieg
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:13 pm
Mjl wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:58 pm John Delaney.
Larry Hogan.
Tim Ryan.
John Kasich.

Which John Kasich?

The one that served in the House? Or the one who put on a show to try to get himself a nice media gig when his presidential campaign won 0 delegates?
All of this sort of illustrates the present status of the party, doesn't it?

A potential reason no one has really emerged to lead the non-crazy wing of the party...is that the party leaned so hard into the crazies as a lifeline that now the crazies control the pipeline.

Of course, another potential reason is the party, at present, does not have guiding principles except owning the libs. There is no coherent platform, otherwise. And when your only reason for being is to be anti, naturally only the dividers and extremists rise to the top.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Fuck Joe Lieberman Manchin.

Manchin steps up criticism of Biden administration as 2024 decision looms

Democrats face a brutal Senate map next year, and Manchin’s West Virginia seat is a top target for Republicans
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman