Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by KUTradition »

in jr. high there was girl named JC Hurst, two years older than i

she wanted to play football and nobody had any issue with it. she beat out a bunch of dudes for a spot in the team and played significant minutes

there was also a girl that wanted to wrestle, and was allowed to do so

both cis women, both beat dudes out on the regular. nobody was bitching and moaning about giving them the opportunity
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:08 pm i don't think the demonrats give a $#!t if some chick gets her skull battered in the octagon. they just want the votes.
100 percent accurate. All transgender ideology is to democrats is a way to divide and conquer. And get votes. Convince the public if you support the transgender movement you are tolerant and understanding, and if you question it you are just a bigot
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

no need for you to help me prove my point. i am doing fine on my own.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Democrat politicians love these topics that they know will split the population. We've seen this tactic repeatedly in recent years. And put people in a lose/lose situation
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:00 pm the World Athletics Council, governing body for international track & field competitions, has banned transgender athletes

agree or not, right or wrong, this is the way these issues should be getting handled, imo
Because they realize a biological male has an obvious advantage and it's undermining women's sports
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:13 pm in jr. high there was girl named JC Hurst, two years older than i

she wanted to play football and nobody had any issue with it. she beat out a bunch of dudes for a spot in the team and played significant minutes

there was also a girl that wanted to wrestle, and was allowed to do so

both cis women, both beat dudes out on the regular. nobody was bitching and moaning about giving them the opportunity
Well at some random junior high a talented woman is probably going to be better than the random dudes trying out after school activities

Also, women hit puberty at an early age. Middle school is the time when some of the boys she was competing against were in the early phases of puberty

That doesn't translate to adults and high level competition
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:17 pm Democrat politicians love these topics that they know will split the population. We've seen this tactic repeatedly in recent years. And put people in a lose/lose situation
Never mind that if republicans had any actual policy proposals to push, they could stop their unending bleating and whining claiming victimhood, and this "problem" would 99% go away.

But then, what would republicans have to talk about?
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:16 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:08 pm i don't think the demonrats give a $#!t if some chick gets her skull battered in the octagon. they just want the votes.
100 percent accurate. All transgender ideology is to democrats is a way to divide and conquer. And get votes. Convince the public if you support the transgender movement you are tolerant and understanding, and if you question it you are just a bigot
VGR!
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Feral wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:25 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:17 pm Democrat politicians love these topics that they know will split the population. We've seen this tactic repeatedly in recent years. And put people in a lose/lose situation
Never mind that if republicans had any actual policy proposals to push, they could stop their unending bleating and whining claiming victimhood, and this "problem" would 99% go away.

But then, what would republicans have to talk about?
The economy is the obvious one
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

But the majority of political talking points is just a back and forth pissing match, if thats what you are saying feral
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the right is where all these regulations are coming from, yet it’s the left that’s stoking the culture wars?

:lol:

lala land
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:07 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:58 pm
Mjl wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:14 pm

That's what I don't get about this obsession. It's the allegedly small federal government folks making the huge fuss about it.
hey now! I'm nowhere near this discussion!
You're not allegedly small gov, you actually are :)
To be fair, the Rs stopped really caring about small government a while ago. What they really want is a government that maintains a particular social order, even as demographics and prevailing attitudes evolve.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mjl wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:07 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:58 pm
Mjl wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:14 pm

That's what I don't get about this obsession. It's the allegedly small federal government folks making the huge fuss about it.
hey now! I'm nowhere near this discussion!
You're not allegedly small gov, you actually are :)
Im gonna take that as a compliment...I think...haha
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Funny, the economy is better than its been for a long time. Lowest ever unemployment. The cost of living rise is basically because Americans have money and demand is up. American materiel saved Ukraine and literally kicked Tucker Carlson's unwoke army's ass. Repeatedly. But Biden. Jeebus.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:24 pm Funny, the economy is better than its been for a long time. Lowest ever unemployment. The cost of living rise is basically because Americans have money and demand is up. American materiel saved Ukraine and literally kicked Tucker Carlson's unwoke army's ass. Repeatedly. But Biden. Jeebus.
lol
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:36 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:01 pm
Gotta be tough to go through life this fucking terrified of people you who aren’t like you.
Do you really believe that?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:02 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:36 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:01 pm
Gotta be tough to go through life this fucking terrified of people you who aren’t like you.
Do you really believe that?
Believe what exactly?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Do you believe that opposition to having biological males compete in sports (even combat sports) against biological women is motivated by fear of people who are different?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:56 pm
Sparko wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:24 pm Funny, the economy is better than its been for a long time. Lowest ever unemployment. The cost of living rise is basically because Americans have money and demand is up. American materiel saved Ukraine and literally kicked Tucker Carlson's unwoke army's ass. Repeatedly. But Biden. Jeebus.
lol
The cost of money thanks to the RW fed drives most of the costs Biden is blamed for which is why they waited for him to take over to stall the economy. But keep speaking things into existence. The right wing is great at destroying things.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:14 pm Do you believe that opposition to having biological males compete in sports (even combat sports) against biological women is motivated by fear of people who are different?
When the "fair play" card one card in a 52-card (plus jokers) deck, yes, I believe that.

(I also believe that there's a very legitimate, no-good-answers-type, conversation to be had on the fair play issue. I just do not believe that there's a productive or nuanced conversation to be had on that issue with True Believer Rubes.)