Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: 2024

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:57 am might as well through utah and nevada in that boat too, Fish
Colorado too!

The Denver metro/front range area continues to build sprawling cookie cutter developments with HOAs that require planting Kentucky bluegrass yards, not to mention all the new deal era beet farms that wouldn’t exist without trans-basin diversions, etc.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:39 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:57 am might as well through utah and nevada in that boat too, Fish
Colorado too!

The Denver metro/front range area continues to build sprawling cookie cutter developments with HOAs that require planting Kentucky bluegrass yards, not to mention all the new deal era beet farms that wouldn’t exist without trans-basin diversions, etc.
absolutely

i personally put colorado in a different category though, since it isn’t one of the 3 driest states in the country (not even top 5)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

here in MICHIGAN we got:
dunes
fishtown
traverse city
mackinaw island
pictured rocks
m-22
grand rapids
torch lake

beautiful, fresh, clean, succulent, refreshing, beautiful water.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

man, i love those nature valley granola bars…perfect breakfast when there isn’t time for something more substantial
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:00 pm here in MICHIGAN we got:
dunes
fishtown
traverse city
mackinaw island
pictured rocks
m-22
grand rapids
torch lake

I used to live in Trenton, MI in the Downriver area. I dare you to go drink out of the Detroit River.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

My folks live in Monroe, and there’s signs all over the River Raisin and Lake Erie there that say like, “don’t eat fish outta here and avoid even touching the water”

Also the area was settled by the frenchies, which is why they say River Raisin, and not the other way around like normal Mericans
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:00 pm here in MICHIGAN we got:
dunes
fishtown
traverse city
mackinaw island
pictured rocks
m-22
grand rapids
torch lake

Neither here nor there I guess, but there’s something slightly off about describing water as “succulent.”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:58 am
Colorado too!

absolutely

i personally put colorado in a different category though, since it isn’t one of the 3 driest states in the country (not even top 5)
Didn’t know that. I woulda guessed CO is the driest, cuz it’s also the highest average elevation. Must be the snowpack that offsets it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:39 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:58 am

Colorado too!

absolutely

Didn’t know that. I woulda guessed CO is the driest, cuz it’s also the highest average elevation. Must be the snowpack that offsets it
7th, apparently

NV
UT
AZ
WY
NM
MT
CO
ND
SD
CA

edit: caveat - there seems to be some discrepancy among sources…go figure
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:11 pm man, i love those nature valley granola bars…perfect breakfast when there isn’t time for something more substantial
no kidding, I have one nearly every morning
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

With the demographics of the voting population changing to younger and more ethnic daily, you can understand why republicans, because they fear her so intensely, are trying to pull the same demonization propaganda campaign they did to Hillary and Pelosi, on AOC. They are wise to fear her.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Calls Out Republican's "Wokeism" Term

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez talks about a lack of productivity after Kevin McCarthy was elected Speaker of the House, Republicans holding a hearing on "wokeism" and Tennessee House Republicans voting to expel Democrats who led protest chants for gun reform.

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The GOP exists today as a front organization for the extremely stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:44 am With the demographics of the voting population changing to younger and more ethnic daily, you can understand why republicans, because they fear her so intensely, are trying to pull the same demonization propaganda campaign they did to Hillary and Pelosi, on AOC. They are wise to fear her.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Calls Out Republican's "Wokeism" Term

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez talks about a lack of productivity after Kevin McCarthy was elected Speaker of the House, Republicans holding a hearing on "wokeism" and Tennessee House Republicans voting to expel Democrats who led protest chants for gun reform.

I don't align very neatly with AOC from a policy perspective, but (1) I'm damn glad she just calls spades spades, and (2) holy SHIT would I - a reasonably social media-savvy 40ish year old - not mess with her on social (can't imagine what these Rs are even thinking).
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Gets at one of the weirdest things about the MAGA movement, which is that it has turned (against government) people who objectively speaking both use and need the most public assistance.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Feral wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:22 pm
This seems intellectually lazy. Sinking to the level of his opponents.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

What did Gov. Newsom say that was wrong, or that you disagree with?
Derek Cressman
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Feral wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:13 pm What did Gov. Newsom say that was wrong, or that you disagree with?
It's not wrong, he's just pointing out some correlations with the way people in those states currently vote. I see that as useless - would prefer politicians/representatives tie specific policies to these stats, rather than just blanket red or blue.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mjl wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:26 pm
Feral wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:13 pm What did Gov. Newsom say that was wrong, or that you disagree with?
It's not wrong, he's just pointing out some correlations with the way people in those states currently vote. I see that as useless - would prefer politicians/representatives tie specific policies to these stats, rather than just blanket red or blue.
I feel you, but if we liberals should have learned anything over the last > 40 years, it's this:

"If you are explaining, you are losing."
Ronald Reagan

I posted it because it seems that recently Newsom has been stepping up in a way few other democrats are, and as a political animal, that's interesting to me. I think other democrats are understandably reluctant, because we all assume Biden will be the 2004 presidential nominee.

But, I also assume that Newsom sees an opportunity to contrast himself with potential future republican opponents. And, why not:

-With the low bar republican governors like DeSantis and Abbott have set, it's a virtual layup to show Americans that you care about things other than a bigoted, pro-gun, Christo-fascist agenda, and Newsom is taking advantage of that.
Derek Cressman
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I wouldn’t vote for gn to walk the dog.