Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:56 pm I wouldn’t vote for gn to walk the dog.
I'll bet the local election board thinks Boatguy Who Writes In Ronald Reagan for Dog Catcher is a real gas.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Gavin was waaaaay ahead on the issue of same-gender marriage. On the other hand he was also married to Kimberly Guilfoille!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

zsn wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:35 pm Gavin was waaaaay ahead on the issue of same-gender marriage. On the other hand he was also married to Kimberly Guilfoille!
Well, she DOES look like she could easily be caught reading story time to kids in Florida.

Same with Eric’s wife.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:35 pm Gavin was waaaaay ahead on the issue of same-gender marriage. On the other hand he was also married to Kimberly Guilfoille!
While we all make mistakes, that isn't easy to explain away.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Telling all Californians to mask and avoid gatherings, while himself partaking in a large, lavish, unmasked gathering still doesn't sit right.

The dude was recalled.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mjl wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:52 am Telling all Californians to mask and avoid gatherings, while himself partaking in a large, lavish, unmasked gathering still doesn't sit right.

The dude was recalled.
Except for not being "recalled", you're right.
Derek Cressman
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

They had a special recall election.
I guess that's not like getting impeached where just going through the process means you were impeached, pedantically?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Mjl wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:32 am They had a special recall election.
I guess that's not like getting impeached where just going through the process means you were impeached, pedantically?
The difference is that when someone is impeached the vote to remove them from office is greater than the vote against. In Gavin’s case the recall side was soundly defeated.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

lol at Gavin Newsome being some sort of standard or shining star. my goodness.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

What policies of GN are being argued against with reasonable alternatives here? Have I missed that?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Nope. You haven’t missed anything. You’re just observing the actions of naysayers and nihilists. They’re just “against”. They don’t have any alternative ideas. They just say no. They’re not “for” anyone or anything.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:59 am lol at Gavin Newsome being some sort of standard or shining star. my goodness.
Newsom is a politician. Newsom is making a politically savvy decision to work himself into the news cycle, (like almost no other democrat currently who isn't the VP or Biden), in a way that isn't interpreted as a challenge to Biden.

It also gives him the opportunity to draw a stark contrast between himself and potential future political opponents, who are busy banning books, objectifying some of the most vulnerable people in America, (gay and trans Americans), for political gain, attacking the co. that ranked #5 in Fortune's 2022 "World's Most Admired Companies", and for the 19th year in a row ranked #1 as the "Top-ranked media and entertainment Co.", patronizing women and keeping them in their place by inserting themselves between women and their physicians while causing all sorts of volatility and uncertainty in the pharmaceutical industry, telling Black representatives in Tenn., in front of the entire world, not to get too uppity, and doing everything they can to arm the next mass murderer.

And, while that is kind of impressive, interpreting that as me seeing Newsom as a "shining star", is a reach.
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:22 pm
TDub wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:59 am lol at Gavin Newsome being some sort of standard or shining star. my goodness.
Newsom is a politician. Newsom is making a politically savvy decision to work himself into the news cycle, (like almost no other democrat currently who isn't the VP or Biden), in a way that isn't interpreted as a challenge to Biden.

It also gives him the opportunity to draw a stark contrast between himself and potential future political opponents, who are busy banning books, objectifying some of the most vulnerable people in America, (gay and trans Americans), for political gain, attacking the co. that ranked #5 in Fortune's 2022 "World's Most Admired Companies", and for the 19th year in a row ranked #1 as the "Top-ranked media and entertainment co., patronizing women by inserting themselves between women and their physicians and causing all sorts of volatility and uncertainty into the pharmaceutical industry, telling Black representatives in Tenn., in front of the entire world, not to get too uppity, and doing everything they can to arm the next mass murderer.

And, while that is kind of impressive, interpreting that as me seeing Newsom as a "shining star", is a reach.
What I see in Newsom is a smart guy who is road-testing a media strategy and seeing what fruit it bears.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

That, too.
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:27 pmThat, too.
I tend to think the math won’t end up adding up for him. I think it’s unlikely that there will be traction in swing states for a California dem.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Exactly. First of all I don’t think anyone sees Gavin as a star, shining or otherwise. Second, he’s showboating the same way as the other guys, except he’s not raving lunatic like the governors of the next two most populous states.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Also, he’s termed out in 2026. So he’s angling for his next gig. I don’t think he’s presidential material, in spite of what he thinks- and I voted for him three times for governor. I think he’s looking for a cabinet post that he can then leverage for something else, maybe Senate
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Feral wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:22 pm

It also gives him the opportunity to draw a stark contrast between himself and potential future political opponents, who are busy banning books, objectifying some of the most vulnerable people in America, (gay and trans Americans), for political gain, attacking the co. that ranked #5 in Fortune's 2022 "World's Most Admired Companies", and for the 19th year in a row ranked #1 as the "Top-ranked media and entertainment Co.", patronizing women and keeping them in their place by inserting themselves between women and their physicians while causing all sorts of volatility and uncertainty in the pharmaceutical industry, telling Black representatives in Tenn., in front of the entire world, not to get too uppity, and doing everything they can to arm the next mass murderer.

sorry for the confusion.....I dont think you are the one that sees gavin as a shining star..
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

2024 DNC in Chicago.
If Uncle Sleepy Joe is going to be the nominee can there be anything less exciting/interesting?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:41 pm Also, he’s termed out in 2026. So he’s angling for his next gig. I don’t think he’s presidential material, in spite of what he thinks- and I voted for him three times for governor. I think he’s looking for a cabinet post that he can then leverage for something else, maybe Senate
If Feinstein would admit she's no longer capable and step down, he could appoint himself to the senate.
Derek Cressman