Another mass shooting

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:18 am
randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:00 am Must be exhausting doing this much whinging
What's exhausting to me is waking up every day for the last 18 years missing my best friend because some asshole with a gun shot and killed him.

So I will kindly request that you go fuck yourself in the ass with a heavily splintered baseball bat each and every time you accuse me of "whining" in regards to the gun issues we have in this country.
I feel I have earned the right to whine.
I said whinging. Not whining
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:26 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:06 am
randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:00 am Must be exhausting doing this much whinging
What’s exhausting is kids keeping on getting shot by rubes whose bought-and-paid-for cult leaders have convinced them that they have not just a right, but in fact a patriotic duty, to buy and make use of guns to the maximum extent.
Take a closer look at the demographic responsible for the big chunk of recent shootings
It is 100% comprised of people with guns?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

What's exhausting to me is waking up every day for the last 18 years missing my best friend because some asshole with a gun shot and killed him.

So I will kindly request that you go fuck yourself in the ass with a heavily splintered baseball bat each and every time you accuse me of "whining" in regards to the gun issues we have in this country.
Jesus Christ.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whinge
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:13 am Anything on here about Ralph Yarl?
Not a mass shooting but something I feel that needs to be addressed/discussed - by American society.

Those of you not familiar......

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/17/us/kansa ... index.html

So sad. My heart breaks for that family and their community. Any attempt of self defense seems to go out the window when he shoots the kid a second time while he is on his back on the ground. And the shooter never did call the police.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:42 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:13 am Anything on here about Ralph Yarl?
Not a mass shooting but something I feel that needs to be addressed/discussed - by American society.

Those of you not familiar......

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/17/us/kansa ... index.html

So sad. My heart breaks for that family and their community. Any attempt of self defense seems to go out the window when he shoots the kid a second time while he is on his back on the ground. And the shooter never did call the police.
So, one of the darker jokes-but-not-jokes they tell in law school is how, for a number of reasons, if you hit someone with your car, you’re probably better off throwing it in reverse and making sure.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:36 am

Jesus Christ.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whinge
Yes. Whinging was the more accurate fit here. Its beyond whining
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:33 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:06 am

What’s exhausting is kids keeping on getting shot by rubes whose bought-and-paid-for cult leaders have convinced them that they have not just a right, but in fact a patriotic duty, to buy and make use of guns to the maximum extent.
Take a closer look at the demographic responsible for the big chunk of recent shootings
You blame "rubes" but the bigger percentage of shooters dont vote republican
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:19 am

The one, single thing all shooters have in common is the gun.

The one, single thing all shootings have in common is the gun.

“If you ban some guns, the rate of murder-by-whoopie-cushion would go up by 4,000%” is not a meaningful response.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Language, language, language. Again thats sad you have a personal story. But, does not mean others should give up the right to protect themselves

I had a family member die crossing the street at a crosswalk when an inattentive driver hit them with a truck, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't have the right to own trucks
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:28 am

“If you ban some guns, the rate of murder-by-whoopie-cushion would go up by 4,000%” is not a meaningful response.
If you ban guns the rate of murder won't go down. The rate of gun murder probably won't even go down. It'll just make things harder for law abiding citizens
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Guns have been in this country for centuries. But shootings have spiked in the past few decades, as this country's mental health has deteriorated
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Right, this time you said whinging (either on purpose or by mistake) which to me isn't much different than whining but regardless, in the past you accused me (and others) of whining. Multiple times. Right?
Let me answer that for you......

by randylahey » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:34 am
I mention mental health and how people have nothing to beleive in every time you guys start whining about gun control. Same concept

by randylahey » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:45 am
That looks like a happy healthy family with a safe and secure household. Maybe instead of whining you should strive to be more like them

by randylahey - Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:52 pm
Guns ain't going anywhere
Stop whining
Its sad when bad things happen
I know you mean well but
If a gun free zone is a target for mass shootings, what logic is there in making the whole country a gun free zone
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Yes and as the whining carries on and on about the same stuff it gets to the point it feels like whinging
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randy is the biggest whinger/whiner here lol

but, mah rights!

jackass
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Also. Here's some data you can do what you want with. You guys are always talking about how America is an outlier when it comes to gun deaths, and many have suggested its a cultural thing on why it is so high. I already know what I'm going to be labeled, but im not even giving an opinion here, just showing some statistic we all know is true
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:43 am but, mah rights!
it is absolutely his right to endlessly blubber and blather on the social medias. just like it is yours.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:46 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:43 am but, mah rights!
it is absolutely his right to endlessly blubber and blather on the social medias. just like it is yours.
just like it’s yours!!

lol…i didn’t say it wasn’t, dipshit
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:30 am

Language, language, language. Again thats sad you have a personal story. But, does not mean others should give up the right to protect themselves

I had a family member die crossing the street at a crosswalk when an inattentive driver hit them with a truck, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't have the right to own trucks
Have I ever once said that I felt "others should give up the right to protect themselves"?
What I have said numerous times is that we have a major problem in this country that needs to be addressed - and worked on.

I'm sincerely sorry you lost a family member due to an inattentive driver.
In regards to those who use the car/truck/vehicle and gun analogies, here is my simple response.
If you can't comprehend the intended differences between a car/truck/vehicle and gun....
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:30 am

What I'm hearing from this story, is that there should actually not be crosswalks. They are a government imposed limitation on my absolute freedom of movement, and don't prevent all pedestrian deaths anyway.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:31 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:28 am

If you ban guns the rate of murder won't go down. The rate of gun murder probably won't even go down. It'll just make things harder for law abiding citizens
There's simply NO evidence supporting this.

And there is LOTS of evidence - in addition to basic common sense - supporting the notion that stricter gun laws result in fewer gun deaths.