Facebook, Google, et al

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Facebook, Google, et al

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:57 am you quit tweeter to make a statement. good for you.

did you also quit budlight.
A. I didn't quit Twitter nor did I make a statement or say I was making a statement.
B. I never drank Bud Light but if I did, I would like to think I wouldn't be as big of a stupid fuck as MTG is.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I dont understand how/why whoever is signed to advertise a product makes any damn difference about the product.

I dont drink bud because it's gross, gives me a headache and its a Missouri beer.....

Coors is the way.....but I couldn't care less who they hired to do an ad for it....wouldn't change my opinion one iota.

the whole thing is weird.....like, who gives a flying fuck either way...makes no sense.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:30 pm I dont understand how/why whoever is signed to advertise a product makes any damn difference about the product.

I dont drink bud because it's gross, gives me a headache and its a Missouri beer.....

Coors is the way.....but I couldn't care less who they hired to do an ad for it....wouldn't change my opinion one iota.

the whole thing is weird.....like, who gives a flying fuck either way...makes no sense.
You are failing to be distracted. Might need reeducation without CRT.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Feral wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:43 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:37 pm Why do all the republican snowflakes have their panties in a twist over bud lite. I think I missed something.
Because ringing the "Woke" bell so frequently lead to habituation and an ever-diminishing parasympathetic gush of saliva in the chronically aggrieved about everything cult, so they had to move to a new stimulus/response model in hopes of recapturing the easily fooled.

It appears to have generated the desired, bigoted and hateful, reaction.
Their tribe of goons grows ever smaller, like a very cold day blew into their wet sand-filled underpants.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:30 pm I dont understand how/why whoever is signed to advertise a product makes any damn difference about the product.

Im almost on bored.
If they say had the Pressy brothers or Putin as the influencers, I’d probably lay off the product for a while.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I was in a conversation Friday night where two guys (excitedly showing the group their favorite "Bud Light is woke now" memes) did the disingenuous "I have gay friends, I don't care what people do, just don't force it down my throat" thing. You know, the rhetorical cousin of "I don't see color," and so on.

Of course, absolutely nothing about the Bud Light/Dylan Mulvaney thing needed to really matter to anyone...until the culture warriors felt a need to be performatively outraged over it.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Two of your favorites I know. Elons full disclosure of Twitter and the government is gonna be pretty mind blowing
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I have a feeling that Elon's disclosure will be approximately as "full" as what Fox News has done with the 1/6 footage inexplicably handed over by McCarthy.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I bet Randy wore his worm dick raw just THINKING about Musk and Tucker together
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:15 pm

Two of your favorites I know. Elons full disclosure of Twitter and the government is gonna be pretty mind blowing
Time out!
It blew Elon's mind that "various government agencies" had full access to everything that was going on at Twitter and people's DMs - and he was not aware of that?
For a smart man he sure is/was clueless.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:44 am

Time out!
It blew Elon's mind that "various government agencies" had full access to everything that was going on at Twitter and people's DMs - and he was not aware of that?
This is sad that you think its normal/acceptable for government agencies to have access to everything
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Since George W Bush signed the Patriot act. Snowden beat you to it randy.

It’s partially why I stay off the social medias.

Not really that shocking. And this is one thing with which I agree with you — no the government should absolutely not be able to access this information, no matter the situation.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:43 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:44 am

Time out!
This is sad that you think its normal/acceptable for government agencies to have access to everything
A. What "is sad" to me is that Elon Musk is seemingly clueless in regards to the company he owns and how/what our government has the ability to do to/with it.

B. You really don't know what I "think".
Nowhere in my post did I say nor imply I "think" it's "normal/acceptable for government agencies to have access to everything".

C. "normal/acceptable" or not, it is what it is. Some realize it, some don't.
Some whine (see what I did there?) about it, some don't.

D. They don't have access to everything.

E. I'm actually glad that someone/something other than Elon Musk and those who work for him have the ability to monitor what does and doesn't happen on Twitter. Am I glad it's "government agencies"? I prefer it be "government agencies" than some entity hired and paid for by Musk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:55 am Since George W Bush signed the Patriot act. Snowden beat you to it randy.

Not really that shocking. And this is one thing with which I agree with you — no the government should absolutely not be able to access this information, no matter the situation.
I'm not sure what "this information" is that you are referring to.
Whatever it is, if someone/something is a viable threat to a person, our government, our country, you don't feel that's a worthy "situation" for our government to access the information?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:55 am Since George W Bush signed the Patriot act. Snowden beat you to it randy.

Look how Snowden got treated for telling the truth. Exiled by the government.

And now they will raise you a restrict act
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Mind blowing like the "Fauci files" were? I remember the rubes rubbing their hands together gleefully awaiting those "mind blowing" files.

Which of these disclosures are we gonna get first? What has it been 3 months since we heard about the last bombshell?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:56 am

Whatever it is, if someone/something is a viable threat to a person, our government, our country, you don't feel that's a worthy "situation" for our government to access the information?
DM's.
IP/location/log in time data.
Time on site.
What sites you visit while you're logged onto the app.

And no. I don't.
Not because I don't think they should in those circumstances -- but more of the ability to abuse -- which I feel they most certainly do.

I prefer people's liberties and freedoms ( and I understand the line is murky with social media but I feel now it's very much a fabric of speech ) over security.
It's a risk I accept taking.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:57 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:56 am

DM's.
IP/location/log in time data.
Time on site.
What sites you visit while you're logged onto the app.

And no. I don't.
Not because I don't think they should in those circumstances -- but more of the ability to abuse -- which I feel they most certainly do.

I prefer people's liberties and freedoms ( and I understand the line is murky with social media but I feel now it's very much a fabric of speech ) over security.
It's a risk I accept taking.
I 100% respect your opinion.
I'm not in favor of big brother watching my every move but as the simplistic way of looking at is - If I have nothing to hide what would/should I be worried about?
Well, I might be worried that somehow/some way I am being manipulated in to incrimination. Which right or wrong, I believe takes place way too often.
I also value liberty and freedom but unfortunately that sometimes leads to security risks that I feel should/need to be addressed.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Really good sound bite from elon talking about how Twitter was able to run on 20 percent of its original staff and actually improve

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I feel like if elon wasn't slandered by the liberal media everyone would continue to like him. Pretty remarkable dude. And his goal feels more like its to "remove political agenda" from Twitter, rather than to have one