Another mass shooting

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by randylahey »

zsn wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:47 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:04 pm You being on some endless rant is the Karen shit. Im saying its not worth sacrificing liberty for children to still get shot illegally. Its already illegal to shoot kids. Its already illegal to take guns to schools. That hasn't stopped criminals. Whatever new gun law you suggest won't stop them either
Actually the better analogy is that it’s already illegal to break into someone’s house or car. But we have locks on doors and anti theft safeguards in cars.

Do you have a lock on your front door and car? Do you have burglar alarms?
Yes. And guns
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Overlander wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:15 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:06 pm If you want to use analogies jfish heres one. Lets say you were shitting yourself every day, and soiling all your underpants. Would you consider plugging or removing your butthole, or would you consider changing your diet?

This nation's diet is the problem. A unrealistic ban of the symptoms will not cure the root of the problem
Awesome analogy.

Amazing amount of thought clearly went into it.

Bravo!
I mean

What

In

The

Fuck?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:03 pm How do you feel about banning sugar? Its responsible for more death and disease than guns are
Sugar isn’t a toy that makes you feel like a big kid. That’s one notable difference.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:56 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:03 pm How do you feel about banning sugar? Its responsible for more death and disease than guns are
Sugar isn’t a toy that makes you feel like a big kid. That’s one notable difference.
Sugar literally makes you into a big kid lol
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

literally?

you sure?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:04 pm This sums up why I refuse to budge on gun rights to compensate for your feelings
randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:03 pm
Randy wants AR 47s issued to prisoners
Broham
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:33 pm literally?

you sure?
Are you arguing sugar doesn't make you gain weight?

Is there anything you guys wont argue? I could say the sky is blue and some of you mother fuckers would start posting pictures of sunsets lolol as proof im wrong
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:03 pm
Few thoughts on this tweet.....

1. "You’ll never control someone who wants to kill".
How many inmates that did NOT have a gun shot and killed an inmate/guard?
I disagree with his statement you will "NEVER" "control" "someone who wants to kill" but regardless of my feelings and semantics, you can at least help "control" some people who want to use a gun to kill.
Take away their gun from them and they aren't going to shoot and kill someone.
I promise you randy (and everyone else) there are people who used guns to kill others that wouldn't have killed others if they didn't use a gun to kill others.

2. In response to that tweet - he himself tweeted......
"Stabbed someone in Dorm 3 at Northpoint in 1999. They didn’t die. (See red X)"
So..... Amiri King claims he stabbed someone - who didn't die. I have a strong feeling if Amiri King had a gun and wanted to kill that person, he would have had an easier time trying to kill that person.

3. To me, Amiri King is a SOMEWHAT interesting guy.
Rightfully accused of being racist. Rightfully accused of being misogynist. Rightfully accused of being an asshole. Rightfully "accused" of being funny.
Guy was 100% race baiting about the Chicago incident last Saturday night and it seems he still doesn't know/realize/or at least he hasn't addressed the fact that it was White woman that was WITH A BLACK MAN who ALSO was attacked by the same "mob".

He's Conservative - until it comes to his feelings in regards to gay people? Good for him?

But wait!

So what is it? "Anti" gay? "Pro" gay? Whatever he can make money off of depending on which way the wind is blowing?

Which brings me to.....

https://amiriking.org
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:31 am

you sure?

Is there anything you guys wont argue? I could say the sky is blue and some of you mother fuckers would start posting pictures of sunsets lolol as proof im wrong
"Sugar literally makes you into a big kid lol".

No, sugar doesn't "literally" make an adult "into a big KID lol".
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Calm down rainbows. Focus on the one individual tweet. I dont give a shit about all the other stuff he's said or who he even is

The point is even in a prison. Literally the most controlled environment man provides, bad people still find ways to do bad things. Inmates killing other inmates still happens all the time. Once again violence is the root issue
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:10 am Calm down rainbows. Focus on the one individual tweet. I dont give a shit about all the other stuff he's said or who he even is

The point is even in a prison. Literally the most controlled environment man provides, bad people still find ways to do bad things. Inmates killing other inmates still happens all the time. Once again violence is the root issue
I'm calm.
I do give a shit about things he's said and who he is - when what he tweets/says is being discussed.
I like to know background/s about people who's thoughts and opinions I am reading.

Yes, I and I think most people would agree with you (and what you have stated numerous times), bad people will find ways to do bad things. What I have stated numerous times and what is 100% true is a bad person withOUT a gun can't and won't use a gun to shoot someone else. Will they find another way to cause harm to someone else? Maybe/possibly/probably? Ok, but they won't use a weapon thats sole purpose is to put a bullet in to an object to cause harm to that object the bullet/s go in to.

You say, "violence is the root issue". I admit I am confused. "Violence is the root issue" of what exactly?
I believe what is in a person's brain (and heart?) is the root issue of their behavior.
Followed by what situations they have experienced in the past, what they are experiencing in the present, what they feel they may or may not experience in the future - in regards to their behavior.

On a side note, to get philosophical, how do you define a good person and a bad person? I like to think I'm a good person but I have done some terrible things. Maybe I'm a bad person who has done good things? You tell me.
I'm asking how you define/determine if someone is a good person or a bad person because we really don't know so easily if someone is good or bad - until they do something that is defended as being good or bad. I believe we all have good and bad in us.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Knowing someone's background when reading their thoughts doesn't necessarily matter. You can dislike and disapprove of a person, but that doesn't mean they won't say things that aren't true
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And rainbows I agree. Whats in a person's heart/brain is the issue. The experiences they've faced thats shaped that, thats made them turn to violence

And then violence manifests itself in different forms
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you sure?

goddamn you’re dumb

words have definitions

but, given your persona here, i’d imagine you’d be much more comfortable reverting back to grunts…that’d be more your intellectual speed
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:09 am

you sure?

goddamn you’re dumb

words have definitions

but, given your persona here, i’d imagine you’d be much more comfortable reverting back to grunts…that’d be more your intellectual speed
Sugar literally makes you gain weight bud. Whinging
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

not watermelon suga

high
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:17 am

goddamn you’re dumb

words have definitions

again, think before you post…i know it can be difficult to suppress your emotion and think through the actual meanings of the words and phrases you want to use, but it goes a long way in making sure your meaning is conveyed accurately

eating sugar doesn’t make you gain weight. sugar, a carbohydrate, is essential to provide the body with the energy it needs. here’s the rub - TOO MUCH sugar can result in weight gain, but it isn’t a forgone conclusion

this is exactly why i poke fun at you and don’t take you seriously. you were born in the US, right? and, you’re probably mid-aged (30-40), right? so, not only is English likely your native language, but you’ve probably had at least 30 years of practice speaking and writing it…yet, you continue to fail with its usage

if you don’t understand how to properly use your native language, how can you possibly have a sufficient understanding of the constitution or laws of this country, of which you seem to be so passionate?

have you actually read the constitution, or the second (or first) amendment?

seems doubtful, given your inability to form any semblance of an articulate, logical argument for your stances
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:03 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:17 am
goddamn you’re dumb

words have definitions

again, think before you post…i know it can be difficult to suppress your emotion and think through the actual meanings of the words and phrases you want to use, but it goes a long way in making sure your meaning is conveyed accurately

eating sugar doesn’t make you gain weight. sugar, a carbohydrate, is essential to provide the body with the energy it needs. here’s the rub - TOO MUCH sugar can result in weight gain, but it isn’t a forgone conclusion

this is exactly why i poke fun at you and don’t take you seriously. you were born in the US, right? and, you’re probably mid-aged (30-40), right? so, not only is English likely your native language, but you’ve probably had at least 30 years of practice speaking and writing it…yet, you continue to fail with its usage

if you don’t understand how to properly use your native language, how can you possibly have a sufficient understanding of the constitution or laws of this country, of which you seem to be so passionate?

have you actually read the constitution, or the second (or first) amendment?

seems doubtful, given your inability to form any semblance of an articulate, logical argument for your stances
Read the bold. Your own words ya dingus. Everyone knows too much sugar makes you gain weight

I'm betting you could take a look in the mirror and see evidence of this
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you’re really bad at this

(and you’d loose that bet)