Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: Jayhawks in the NBA

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:17 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:09 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:49 pm

No, you and others thought it would have been the game winner if he hit it but the way the last 10 seconds played out that wasn't really true - was it?
I will give you that he did kind of suck offensively in the 2nd half of the 4th quarter. I think he went 0-4.
Dude stop. They were down 1 and he missed a wide open corner shot with seconds left to go in the 4th
He took the shot with about 10 seconds left on the clock. After he missed the shot there was a rebound, a foul, two free throws, and over two seconds on the clock in which Curry MISSED a game tying 3. Right? Or am I wrong about that?
I feel like you argue anything for the sake of arguing

If you take a wide open shot with down 1 with less than 10 seconds. Thats a potential game winning (or losing) shot
He missed and they lost
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:24 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:17 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:09 pm

Dude stop. They were down 1 and he missed a wide open corner shot with seconds left to go in the 4th
He took the shot with about 10 seconds left on the clock. After he missed the shot there was a rebound, a foul, two free throws, and over two seconds on the clock in which Curry MISSED a game tying 3. Right? Or am I wrong about that?
I feel like you argue anything for the sake of arguing

If you take a wide open shot with down 1 with less than 10 seconds. Thats a potential game winning (or losing) shot
He missed and they lost
There are over 300,000 posts on this site I didn't feel a need to argue about.
I did feel the need to "argue" about your saying - and I quote - "Wiggins missed the game winning shot tonight".
I feel/(maybe I should say "know"?) it's just not true.
At the time he took it and missed it, it SEEMED it might have been the possible game winning shot but it ended up not being so. True or false?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

he shouldve made that...wide open.

more concerning....after he missed...he did....nothing. Didn't go for the rebound, didn't hustle back to stop the outlet. He stood there. Gave up.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Is it bad that I kinda woulda liked to have seen CB crack Anderson?
P.S. CB has never lost an NBA playoff game and is 10-0 in his last 10 post season basketball games. ;)

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:03 am Is it bad that I kinda woulda liked to have seen CB crack Anderson?
P.S. CB has never lost an NBA playoff game and is 10-0 in his last 10 post season basketball games. ;)

Kyle Anderson has a very punchable face lol just ask Rudy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:57 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:03 am Is it bad that I kinda woulda liked to have seen CB crack Anderson?

Kyle Anderson has a very punchable face lol just ask Rudy
Or the fan that's yelling when CB is shooting the Frow.

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Paul Pierce knows exactly how to play the sports media game. Rick Strom breaks it down.

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Embiid goes full Draymond
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

that's not full draymond.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:03 pm that's not full draymond.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

That block to seal the deal by Embiid was legendary. Wow. We'll see that in his highlight reel for a long time.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:52 pm Embiid goes full Draymond
If it was the 17th time that Embiid did that then it would deserve to be a flagrant 2 and a suspension.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:22 pm
I'm curious if you ever form an opinion that isn't accompanied by a tweet or Instagram post of someone else confirming your opinion? its like you lack confidence in your own thoughts or something and need someone to stand behind them for you.

he kicked at the dude...he didn't even really connect. it was a cheap bs play but not really comparable to draymonds decade of antics in MY opinion. Hopefully you accept that without a tweet of support.
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

They aren’t tweets, they are SCIENCE!
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

My worthless opinion. Of course it's not the same as Draymond nor has Embiid had the same history as Draymond. Regardless of all that, I feel Embiid should have been ejected.
I was confused as to why Harden was ejected and Embiid wasn't. I am yet to see/hear an explanation from the ref/s.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:21 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:22 pm
I'm curious if you ever form an opinion that isn't accompanied by a tweet or Instagram post of someone else confirming your opinion? its like you lack confidence in your own thoughts or something and need someone to stand behind them for you.

he kicked at the dude...he didn't even really connect. it was a cheap bs play but not really comparable to draymonds decade of antics in MY opinion. Hopefully you accept that without a tweet of support.
All the time man. But tweets and links livin up the board. And yes obviously embiid is not even comparable to draymonds career of bullshit, but it wasn't a good look for embiid.

Embiid and Claxton don't like eachother though. They've had some chippy moments going back to the regular season too.

Harden got ejected for something pretty unwarranted later that game, probably as a make up call for not doing it to embiid
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:47 am My worthless opinion. Of course it's not the same as Draymond nor has Embiid had the same history as Draymond. Regardless of all that, I feel Embiid should have been ejected.
I was confused as to why Harden was ejected and Embiid wasn't. I am yet to see/hear an explanation from the ref/s.
Embiid had a guy stepping over the top of him so you make some sort of argument that it was to defend his own space.

Harden had no defense. He just invaded someone else's space and punched the guy in his junk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

did the dude have to step over Joel?

(not that that excuses what i generally consider bush-league sorts of behavior)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?