Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by japhy »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:32 pm
japhy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:31 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:19 pm You guys wont give guys like vivek a chance because he is a political outsider. But thats what we desperately need. I know the mainstream political machine has told you to discredit people like that, but more people need to wake up and see through that
If the trump vs Biden debate is an old bum fight in an alley. Vivek vs Lil Bobby is two meth heads in a QT parking lot. It would be entertaining until they started humping each others leg.
Pure ignorance. You have no valid reason to dismiss either candidate
In case you missed this....

And lil Bobby is a heroin addict/science denier whose wife hung herself as a result of his abusive relationship and whose family will not back him.

But considering everything, I can see how you would not find these cause to be dismissive.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Whats the big deal about the vivek sparks that you think is such a game changer? He said a bunch of insightful stuff on a satire political show. Got his voice out there
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

insightful

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Why do I have a strong feeling that if Vivek said when he takes shits he thinks about how the shapes emulate the diversity of the size of people on Earth - randy would find that "insightful"?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Did you actually listen to him?

If he was running as a Democrat but with the same opinions you'd probably agree with every one
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Feral wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:50 am
Mjl wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:28 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:45 pm

Support for this?
https://www.abc10.com/article/news/comm ... 2c78bb3f46

I mean, if by support you meant looking for a poll showing the exact opposite of what he claimed.
^^^

The self-owns never stop. (From your article.)

...A Pew Research Center survey shows 75% of Blacks, 72% of Asians, and 65% of Hispanics say gun laws should be stricter compared to only 45% of white people...
How was that a self-own? That was my point.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:11 pm Did you actually listen to him?

If he was running as a Democrat but with the same opinions you'd probably agree with every one
Yes, I listen to him. If he was running as a Democrat he probably wouldn't have many/most the same opinions but if he did - then I would think even less of him.
How's this? SOME of what he says I do find "insightful". Problem is MUCH of what he says I find to be a bunch of narish.
You are a fan of him. Terrific. I'm not a fan of him. Terrific.
Carry on.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mjl wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:32 pm
Mjl wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:28 pm

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/comm ... 2c78bb3f46

I mean, if by support you meant looking for a poll showing the exact opposite of what he claimed.
^^^

...A Pew Research Center survey shows 75% of Blacks, 72% of Asians, and 65% of Hispanics say gun laws should be stricter compared to only 45% of white people...
Feral meant the original post
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:55 pm
Mjl wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:32 pm

^^^

Feral meant the original post
Sparko, sometimes I think you're the only one who gets me.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ha! Same.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Same
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

get a room

;)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:21 am
Another, more rational contributing explanation is that the jobs market is so robust for lower- and middle-income families that there is less of a need to fall back on enlistment as an option.

I would note also that disaffection with our country might be particularly strong among young people from right-leaning lower- and middle-income families, who are being told by right wing media that our government is evil and is not worth serving.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:25 am
randylahey wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:21 am
Another, more rational contributing explanation is that the jobs market is so robust for lower- and middle-income families that there is less of a need to fall back on enlistment as an option.

I would note also that disaffection with our country might be particularly strong among young people from right-leaning lower- and middle-income families, who are being told by right wing media that our government is evil and is not worth serving.
It's also because the population at that age is smaller than it used to be. There are a lot more people aged 25-34 than 15-24:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/241 ... x-and-age/

This is also causing lower enrollments in colleges.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

unless you are a doctor, a lawyer or a drug dealer, you cannot afford to send your kid to college.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i have almost no regrets. but if i did, my biggest would be that i did not join the military as a young man.

i would have been a great soldier.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Theres a ton of factors for lower military interest. You guys named a few
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And idk if you've spent much time around the younger generation but damn. Lazy entitled and feminized. Not the types that are going to voluntarily enlist. More likely to be offended at being misgendered