Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:25 am nobody here, that i’m aware of, wants Biden (or wanted him the first go ‘round)

but even IF his mental acuity is diminished, he’s still better than trump

edit: in fact, there is a fairly strong argument that Biden only won the fist time BECAUSE trump was so unpalatable to independents

that sentiment hasn’t changed that i’m aware of
Biden's speech impediment is well-known, and he's never been a very comfortable or eloquent public speaker.

What I know is that - whether despite or because of him - his administration and term has been highly successful. Material legislation has been passed. Confidence is being restored in the boring, basic functionality of government. The job market remains strong, and inflation is slowing. We have managed our involvement (or not) in the Ukraine/Russia crisis as well as could reasonably be expected.

Biden ran on a promise of steadiness, comity and reason. I think he's met those promises to date. I would prefer he step aside and use his successes to transition the big chair to someone a generation or two younger, but I also see the value in not handing things off to the more progressive wing of the party.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

uncle joe is the only person dt could defeat in 24.

dt is the only person uncle joe could defeat in 24.

luckily for us, neither will be on the ballot in 24.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:39 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:25 am nobody here, that i’m aware of, wants Biden (or wanted him the first go ‘round)

but even IF his mental acuity is diminished, he’s still better than trump

edit: in fact, there is a fairly strong argument that Biden only won the fist time BECAUSE trump was so unpalatable to independents

that sentiment hasn’t changed that i’m aware of
Biden's speech impediment is well-known, and he's never been a very comfortable or eloquent public speaker.

What I know is that - whether despite or because of him - his administration and term has been highly successful. Material legislation has been passed. Confidence is being restored in the boring, basic functionality of government. The job market remains strong, and inflation is slowing. We have managed our involvement (or not) in the Ukraine/Russia crisis as well as could reasonably be expected.

Biden ran on a promise of steadiness, comity and reason. I think he's met those promises to date. I would prefer he step aside and use his successes to transition the big chair to someone a generation or two younger, but I also see the value in not handing things off to the more progressive wing of the party.
agreed on all points

importantly, his major legislative wins have also been bipartisan…namely, the biggest infrastructure investment in decades
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:42 am uncle joe is the only person dt could defeat in 24.

dt is the only person uncle joe could defeat in 24.

luckily for us, neither will be on the ballot in 24.
You'll have to explain.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

senility is the only explanation
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:57 pm
Have you read the underlying article?

Because I have, three times. And I do not see where it supports that tweet.

Now, there is separate video with Biden saying that, in the context of medical services that are available to trans people who are in prisons.

There is not a one-size-fits-all answer to this stuff; female prisoners should not be in danger of abuse in prison by anyone, staff or inmate. However, genetically-male prisoners who outwardly identify as women should ALSO not be not be in danger of abuse in prison by anyone, staff or inmate.

I would guess that the likelihood (and, unfortunately, severity) of abuse of genetically-male prisoners who outwardly identify as women - in men's prisons - is SIGNIFICANTLY greater than the risks to female prisoners from a female-identifying, genetically-male prisoner.

But of course you have no interest in actually having a thoughtful discussion about this. What's important to you, because your grifters have made it important to you, is not giving an inch in this front of the culture war.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Infrastructure week went so well during the Trump years. I am convinced that the Rubes would douse themselves in gasoline and light up to prove that Biden is too woke and that they really want their pensions cut off.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Maybe someone can just open one of those for profit prisons. Create the nation's first tranny prison
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The two party system has failed us.

There really is only one alternative.

All transpolitcal republicans really should look at moving their vote from decent guy who wanted to hit his teenage daughter trump to libertarian Lars Mapstand. Lorax is all about freedom and guns and no taxes and shit. The libertarian party is going to free trumpertarians from their sheeple mindset and help them become alpha males with tanned ballsacks. That insightful vision alone should be enough to make all Aryan males to want to vote for him
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

what if it ends up not being trump vs. desantis, but rather trump + desantis?

(other than randy needing EMS from a priapism-induced stroke out)
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:11 pm what if it ends up not being trump vs. desantis, but rather trump + desantis?

No way. Trump surrounds himself exclusively with subjugates and ring-kissers.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Trump is too threatened and butthurt about desantis level of support. I can't see them teaming up.

It would be best case scenario for the Republicans though as far as bringing some unity and cooperation to their party. Dont see it happening
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Feel like Trump is locked in with lake
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:48 pm Feel like Trump is locked in with lake
Double-barreled crazy. Sounds about right.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:42 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:11 pm what if it ends up not being trump vs. desantis, but rather trump + desantis?

I think you underestimate Desantis' ability to be exactly that
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mjl wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:13 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:42 pm

I think you underestimate Desantis' ability to be exactly that
But you underestimate Stalin's paranoia in allowing anyone near who might be conceived of more favorably even by raging lunatics. Ron has been aping the Yam Yeti cry for cry. By contrast Lake is exactly the pyschotic foil whose own vapidity and cruelty will cause her to look scary even to the cult of orange. Dalmatian coat crazy.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Joe Lieberman is a piece of shit. He's probably getting involved because he feels threatened by Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema's efforts to out do each other to be awarded the biggest pieces of shit in the democratic party, prize.

Joe Lieberman looking for a centrist alternative to Joe Biden
He and group No Labels putting $70 million behind effort...
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Harlen Crow is No Labels. And Clarence Thomas's wealthy boyfriend.