Another mass shooting

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by zsn »

Feral wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:32 am People who sell guns occasionally, as a hobby and only attend guns shows as vendors occasionally, don't.
This means a guy who attends a gun show one afternoon (or not) and sells guns out in the parking lot out of his van has a carte blanche.

Thank YOU, NRA. And The Republican Party.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:48 am
KUTradition wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:23 am
TDub wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:03 am Its the voice if someone who's had to take off work and ride a bus to get an ID. But its not hard. It's required to function in life in really any capacity.

how do you do anything without an ID?
just because it hasn’t been hard for you doesn’t mean that’s everyone’s experience

kids, jobs where it’s hard (or impossible) to get time off…and time off during the hours where the dmv is open (and enough time off to wait in line, if necessary), etc, etc

it’s also not just about IDs (which i generally do agree with), but also the closing of polling places, reductions in their hours and staff, reductions in ballot drop boxes, etc, etc

i really fail to understand why anyone that is truly interested in this being a representative democracy, being against (or ambivalent towards) the process being as easy as possible for ALL of our citizens to legally vote…not saying that’s how you feel necessarily, but it sure comes off that way
That's all fine, but the discussion isn't about polling places closing early or any of the other stuff...the discussion was IDs. If you dont have to have an ID to vote how do you control the process at all? How do you ensure the person is legally able to vote?

You need an ID to participate in society, in essentially any aspect. Requiring an ID to vote isn't so outtlandish, exclusive thing
again, i generally agree

but, if it’s gonna be mandatory, then it should be made easier (not more difficult) for citizens to get an ID…that’s my point

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ ... tification
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:07 am
Feral wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:32 am People who sell guns occasionally, as a hobby and only attend guns shows as vendors occasionally, don't.
This means a guy who attends a gun show one afternoon (or not) and sells guns out in the parking lot out of his van has a carte blanche.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resour ... sfer-laws/

thats just untrue.

Oregon, Washington and California at least have even stricter laws than the federal regulations.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:20 am

thats just untrue.

Oregon, Washington and California at least have even stricter laws than the federal regulations.
So, you could, in 47 States. And who knows maybe Puerto Rico, Guam and American Samoa.

Thank YOU, NRA.

PS: I thought you guys didn’t like States having their own gun laws……
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:39 am
TDub wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:20 am

thats just untrue.

So, you could, in 47 States. And who knows maybe Puerto Rico, Guam and American Samoa.

Thank YOU, NRA.

PS: I thought you guys didn’t like States having their own gun laws……
no you doofus. Guess you didnt read. Those are the federal regulations. I said those 3 states (at least, juat off the top of my head that I know of) have more stringent regulations.

and what ya mean you guys?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

in oregon the only way a gun gets transferred without a background check and through an FFL dealer is if it is transferred to an immediate family member.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:48 am in oregon the only way a gun gets transferred without a background check and through an FFL dealer is if it is transferred to an immediate family member.
Call me whatever name you want………but the bottom line is you could do whatever you want in Tennessee or Texas where the latest (that we know of) massacres happened.

Thank YOU, Republican Party?!?!?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

That's not how federal regulations work....but ok bud.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:12 am That's not how federal regulations work....but ok bud.
The NRA wishes to acknowledge and appreciate your zealous support of our blatant disregard for the sanctity of life and the impunity with which we implement our callous ignorance thereof. Onwards zealous warriors.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

What a country! I can't keep up! Yay us! Why would we want to change anything?

At least two people are dead and four were injured after a 19-year-old allegedly opened fire at a Mississippi home early Sunday morning, police said.

Cameron Everest Brand was arrested and charged with homicide. The 19-year-old is being held without bond.

...Upon arrival, officers found a total of six victims all between the ages of 15 and 18, four of which were taken to trauma center hospitals in New Orleans and Slidell, Louisiana.

Three of the victims were in critical condition, while the three others were listed as being in stable but serious condition.

Police said later Sunday morning that two of the victims, a 16-year-old and an 18-year-old had died after receiving treatment at University Medical Center in New Orleans...
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:24 am
TDub wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:12 am That's not how federal regulations work....but ok bud.
The NRA wishes to acknowledge and appreciate your zealous support of our blatant disregard for the sanctity of life and the impunity with which we implement our callous ignorance thereof. Onwards zealous warriors.
^^^
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Seems like the good guys with guns have some ‘splainin to do.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

only in ‘murica do some consider books more dangerous than guns
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

This is normal. Ball player shot standing in bullpen:

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/college-b ... d=98979045
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

that’s the risk of living in ‘murica these days

i blame randy
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Hearing reports of a mental health outbreak in Atlanta.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

In an office building, so that will help narrow which specific mental illness caused this outbreak.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Medical Center.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/atlant ... index.html

I'm supposed to go to a Cardiologist appointment tomorrow.
Do I need to wear Kevlar or bring a gun to feel safe in the doctor's office?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

With. Without. It can't be helped if there's a lot of it about.