Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:39 pm
zsn wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:18 am It’s inaccurate to call Social Security and Medicare as “entitlements”.
OK. Take it up with Uncle Sam. That's what he calls them.
Wow! That guy knows a lot!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

japhy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:16 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:39 pm
zsn wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:18 am It’s inaccurate to call Social Security and Medicare as “entitlements”.
OK. Take it up with Uncle Sam. That's what he calls them.
Wow! That guy knows a lot!
As proclaimed from the slouchy chair.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

While we are on the topic of brave muthafuckers who will say what others dare not.....

“I wasn’t one of the jurors and I’m not privy to all of the facts that they have, but I’ll say what everyone else is privately thinking,” Ramaswamy said in a statement to POLITICO. “If the defendant weren’t named Donald Trump, would there even be a lawsuit?”

Nuthin braver than having an opinion and about something you don't know much about but know the rubes will support your brave opinion because it agrees with their rubeworld view. Ramasmarmy really does understand the grift, he is like a shorter thinner chutney tucker.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:49 am While we are on the topic of brave muthafuckers who will say what others dare not.....

“I wasn’t one of the jurors and I’m not privy to all of the facts that they have, but I’ll say what everyone else is privately thinking,” Ramaswamy said in a statement to POLITICO. “If the defendant weren’t named Donald Trump, would there even be a lawsuit?”

Nuthin braver than having an opinion and about something you don't know much about but know the rubes will support your brave opinion because it agrees with their rubeworld view. Ramasmarmy really does understand the grift, he is like a shorter thinner chutney tucker.
To be fair, I believe it's technically accurate that if Trump hadn't sexually assaulted Carroll, Carroll wouldn't have sued Trump for sexual assault.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

japhy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:49 am While we are on the topic of brave muthafuckers who will say what others dare not.....

randy is gonna call you racist
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

and a melted butter soft cuck
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

If the election were to be held tomorrow and there were multiple candidates on the ballot - I figure based on who has announced their candidacy so far, the results would be something like this.

Trump 37%
Biden 33%
Haley 9%
Ramaswamy 4%
Elder 1%
Hutchinson 6%
Williamson 3%
RFK Jr. 7%

I'm probably way off but I believe (once again) who ever wins will have less than 40% of the voters who wanted them to be the President.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:58 am If the election were to be held tomorrow and there were multiple candidates on the ballot - I figure based on who has announced their candidacy so far, the results would be something like this.

Trump 37%
Biden 33%
Haley 9%
Ramaswamy 4%
Elder 1%
Hutchinson 6%
Williamson 3%
RFK Jr. 7%

I'm probably way off but I believe (once again) who ever wins will have less than 40% of the voters who wanted them to be the President.
I don’t think this is close in terms of what would happen downballot.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Biden will not be on the ticket.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:06 pm Biden will not be on the ticket.
forgive me, but that’s about as useful as mich declaring that the gop has moved on from trump

(but i hope you’re right)
Last edited by KUTradition on Thu May 11, 2023 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:06 pm Biden will not be on the ticket.
You think it’ll be a bait and switch? Squeeze competition out of the field, and then bow out and hand it to a selected replacement?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

The difference between being an establishment candidate (as Biden is) and being an anti-establishment candidate (as Trump is) is that the establishment has considerably greater control over the fate of the former than the latter (by definition). I think if you pay close attention, particularly to the mainstream media portrayals of Biden, you'll see that they are slowly but surely building the case against nominating him a second time. I think the increasing coverage of his age, his poor poll numbers, the growing impatience with the Ukraine war, the reality of Hunter's legal issues, etc. all point to a coordinated effort to ease him out the door in time to put together a small group of candidates to run in next year's primaries.

Obviously, we'll know more in a couple of months, but I anticipate a field that includes Harris, Polis, Newsom, and maybe a couple of others.

Trump, by contrast, holds his fate in his own hands. The more the establishment (especially the GOP establishment) rages against him, the more power he draws from it.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Obviously, we'll know more in a couple of months, but I anticipate a field that includes Harris, Polis, Newsom, and maybe a couple of others.

blech

edit: actually, Polis may not be half bad

hard pass on this Harris person, aka the politician formerly known as, and a definite hard pass on the pat riley look-alike
Last edited by KUTradition on Thu May 11, 2023 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:42 pm Obviously, we'll know more in a couple of months, but I anticipate a field that includes Harris, Polis, Newsom, and maybe a couple of others.

blech
Your wanted Hillary? Polis could be a good candidate.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:31 pm The difference between being an establishment candidate (as Biden is) and being an anti-establishment candidate (as Trump is) is that the establishment has considerably greater control over the fate of the former than the latter (by definition). I think if you pay close attention, particularly to the mainstream media portrayals of Biden, you'll see that they are slowly but surely building the case against nominating him a second time. I think the increasing coverage of his age, his poor poll numbers, the growing impatience with the Ukraine war, the reality of Hunter's legal issues, etc. all point to a coordinated effort to ease him out the door in time to put together a small group of candidates to run in next year's primaries.

Trump, by contrast, holds his fate in his own hands. The more the establishment (especially the GOP establishment) rages against him, the more power he draws from it.
Nah. They gave Biden 90-minutes of a hand-picked crowd on CNN in a "town hall" just last night.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

japhy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:44 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:42 pm Obviously, we'll know more in a couple of months, but I anticipate a field that includes Harris, Polis, Newsom, and maybe a couple of others.

blech
Your wanted Hillary? Polis could be a good candidate.
over trump? absolutely

and i agree about Polis (edited original post)
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Gretchen Whitmer and Raskin is who I would like to see.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I underestimated Biden in the run-up to 2020's democratic nomination, not that the competition was all that great, so I tend to doubt he won't be the nominee.

Illinois Governor JB Pritzker's name comes up as a potential candidate in '26, I'm not sure if he figures prominently if it isn't Biden in '24, although I don't know much about him. Gutter?

If Biden isn't the nominee, I have difficulty envisioning any ticket in the next 2-6 years that doesn't have Harris' name at the top that doesn't result in decreased participation by democrat's most reliable demographic, Black women...
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Polis is, IMO, what Biden promised to be but really couldn't be: a return to normalcy.

Normalcy will sell, especially if Trump is the alternative.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:47 pm I underestimated Biden in the run-up to 2020's democratic nomination, not that the competition was all that great, so I tend to doubt he won't be the nominee.

Illinois Governor JB Pritzker's name comes up as a potential candidate in '26, I'm not sure if he figures prominently if it isn't Biden in '24, although I don't know much about him. Gutter?

If Biden isn't the nominee, I have difficulty envisioning any ticket in the next 2-6 years that doesn't have Harris' name at the top that doesn't result in decreased participation by democrat's most reliable demographic, Black women...
It was nervous Dems in the early primary voting we underestimated, not Biden. Biden was chosen because he was safe; old, white, male and an established presence. Voters didn't want to risk losing to Trump by putting a woman, a minority or a homosexual on the Dem ticket.

I agree about Harris and it's probably why we are stuck with Biden again because Harris just doesn't seem to be very popular among non Black female Dem voters.