Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:46 pm Gretchen Whitmer and Raskin is who I would like to see.
Raskin, yes. Whitmer, no.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

You guys are talking about Jamie Raskin?

I mean...cuz...LOL.

He wouldn't win the Dem nomination (much less the presidency) in his own house.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

people had a field day with trump’s hair

i can only imagine…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/1 ... e-00096266

i maybe could support this idea if only it applied to every single voting citizen, and particularly politicians
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I always like the Iraqi vote from when we started that.
Everyone can vote, dip your finger in the blue ink.
Broham
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:26 pm You guys are talking about Jamie Raskin?

I mean...cuz...LOL.

He wouldn't win the Dem nomination (much less the presidency) in his own house.
He would be a great president.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Looks like bidens path to reelection is to once again create as much racial division as possible, draw attention to it, and play identity politics. Vivek calling him out

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:54 am Looks like bidens path to reelection is to once again create as much racial division as possible, draw attention to it, and play identity politics. Vivek calling him out

Randy, please let us know your thoughts on the Great Replacement Theory.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

old af politicians with less than .... of their faculties is a pretty big threat.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Oh goody.
Broham
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

pdub wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:15 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:13 pm
pdub wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:03 pm

Historically inaccurate.
Some founding fathers very much wanted a standing army.
And before the 2nd Amendment was signed in, a Federal army was already being established.
Do a quick bit of research. The point of saying a "well regulated militia" was they feared a standing army was a threat to freedom too and wanted to limit government and avoid centralized power
Shut up you fucking moran.
YOU do more research.
I read American history books like you read InfoWars.

There was no uniform they.
Do a “quick bit of research” on Hamilton, Washington and Knox.
If you could recommend just one - what would it be? Not necessarily for randy. Just looking for next book to read.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mjl wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:02 pm
pdub wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:15 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:13 pm

Do a quick bit of research. The point of saying a "well regulated militia" was they feared a standing army was a threat to freedom too and wanted to limit government and avoid centralized power
Shut up you fucking moran.
YOU do more research.
I read American history books like you read InfoWars.

There was no uniform they.
Do a “quick bit of research” on Hamilton, Washington and Knox.
If you could recommend just one - what would it be? Not necessarily for randy. Just looking for next book to read.
I have nothing to add other than Hamilton was a fucking jackass.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

but he sure could rap
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Hamilton wrote most of the Federalist Papers upon which our Constitutional order was intellectually buttressed. Built our economy into a juggernaut from a huge debt. Wrote Washington's Farewell Address. Was a hero of Yorktown and Brooklyn Heights. Wrote and crafted much of Washington's staff work. Probably the most brilliant of the founders. Built federalism. Started with nothing.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mjl wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:17 pm but he sure could rap
I think I'm missing that reference ....

is that something in the play? I haven't seen it.

Also, random note but the Dollop podcast (hit and miss, but has some pretty good historical episodes, usually at least kind of funny and also educational) has a pretty interesting series on Hamilton.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:07 pm
Mjl wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:17 pm but he sure could rap
I think I'm missing that reference ....

is that something in the play? I haven't seen it.

Also, random note but the Dollop podcast (hit and miss, but has some pretty good historical episodes, usually at least kind of funny and also educational) has a pretty interesting series on Hamilton.
Yeah, reference to the musical, intended as satire of a generation that knows of him only from that musical
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:05 pm Hamilton wrote most of the Federalist Papers upon which our Constitutional order was intellectually buttressed. Built our economy into a juggernaut from a huge debt. Wrote Washington's Farewell Address. Was a hero of Yorktown and Brooklyn Heights. Wrote and crafted much of Washington's staff work. Probably the most brilliant of the founders. Built federalism. Started with nothing.
John Adams?

And don’t let the fact that I am a direct descendant sway your opinion
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There’s a reason Mccoulloughs 1776 is loud and proud everywhere. It’s good. ( The Pioneers is also good ).

I’m a sucker for both Shaara’s, though his dad was the best of them, but Jeff has two more narrative like books Rise To The Rebellion is the first of them.

The last one I read was a bit ago actually - the Autumn of the Black Snake - which is post revolution but digs into why Washington ( and other founding fathers gasp! ) wanted a federal army all along ( but it does a good job with the Native American leaders like Brant and Blue Jacket ). It’s pretty dense stuff so if you are more of a speed reader go with the ones above.

And on a somewhat related note, I’m ( slowly ) getting through a book called How To Invent Everything which is a fun ( how I like to ingest my history ) comedic way through humans inventions posing as a handbook that comes with your broken down Time Machine. Good read.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Overlander wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:32 am
Sparko wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:05 pm Hamilton wrote most of the Federalist Papers upon which our Constitutional order was intellectually buttressed. Built our economy into a juggernaut from a huge debt. Wrote Washington's Farewell Address. Was a hero of Yorktown and Brooklyn Heights. Wrote and crafted much of Washington's staff work. Probably the most brilliant of the founders. Built federalism. Started with nothing.
John Adams?

are you really?

kinda cool if so
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:28 am
Overlander wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:32 am
John Adams?

are you really?

kinda cool if so
Hundreds of thousands of people are direct descendants of John Adams. When you go that far back, it swells to a pretty big number pretty quickly.