Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:11 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:28 am
Overlander wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:32 am

John Adams?

And don’t let the fact that I am a direct descendant sway your opinion
are you really?

kinda cool if so
Hundreds of thousands of people are direct descendants of John Adams. When you go that far back, it swells to a pretty big number pretty quickly.
You tell him cuz!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:05 pm Hamilton wrote most of the Federalist Papers upon which our Constitutional order was intellectually buttressed. Built our economy into a juggernaut from a huge debt. Wrote Washington's Farewell Address. Was a hero of Yorktown and Brooklyn Heights. Wrote and crafted much of Washington's staff work. Probably the most brilliant of the founders. Built federalism. Started with nothing.
Hamilton was a power grabbing , aristocratic, Colonial Imperialist racist piece of shit. He worked tirelessly to block rights to the people and to secure more power for the govenerment. Zhe spoke out both sides of his mouth *(he's a politician...so...duh) to take credit for things that helped the people while trying desperately to block those same things from occuring. He wanted a huge, strong and powerful central government that protected the powerful and the rich. He wanted nothing different than what the royals had in the homeland and he slandered and lied his way to the history books.

You should read more about him, he's a real piece of garbage.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

John Adams?

are you really?

kinda cool if so
Hundreds of thousands of people are direct descendants of John Adams. When you go that far back, it swells to a pretty big number pretty quickly.
well, when you put it that way…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I think he also created the idea for an electoral college. So...you can thank him for that.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

John Adams?

are you really?

kinda cool if so
I mean, hes no genghis khan.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:49 am
Sparko wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:05 pm Hamilton wrote most of the Federalist Papers upon which our Constitutional order was intellectually buttressed. Built our economy into a juggernaut from a huge debt. Wrote Washington's Farewell Address. Was a hero of Yorktown and Brooklyn Heights. Wrote and crafted much of Washington's staff work. Probably the most brilliant of the founders. Built federalism. Started with nothing.
Hamilton was a power grabbing , aristocratic, Colonial Imperialist racist piece of shit. He worked tirelessly to block rights to the people and to secure more power for the govenerment. Zhe spoke out both sides of his mouth *(he's a politician...so...duh) to take credit for things that helped the people while trying desperately to block those same things from occuring. He wanted a huge, strong and powerful central government that protected the powerful and the rich. He wanted nothing different than what the royals had in the homeland and he slandered and lied his way to the history books.

I have read more on Hamilton than most of you have read newspapers. Hamilton was a member of the manumission society of New York and,growing up on the Caribbean, was as anti-slavery as possible. Indeed, he was accused of being part black himself as a means to de-legitimize him. Hamilton stood in the way of slave interests and demogogues. His spats with Madison and Jeffereson were righteous. He helped make the presidency effective and was Washington's best advisor. He kept the French Revolution from spilling over and ending the nation before it had gotten really started. And he helped spare us from Burr. Who is what you accuse Hamilton of.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:02 am
TDub wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:49 am

I have read more on Hamilton than most of you have read newspapers. Hamilton was a member of the manumission society of New York and,growing up on the Caribbean, was as anti-slavery as possible. Indeed, he was accused of being part black himself as a means to de-legitimize him. Hamilton stood in the way of slave interests and demogogues. His spats with Madison and Jeffereson were righteous. He helped make the presidency effective and was Washington's best advisor. He kept the French Revolution from spilling over and ending the nation before it had gotten really started. And he helped spare us from Burr. Who is what you accuse Hamilton of.
Patently false.

there are some pretty interesting discussions about what the history books say about him.vs what the historical accounts of him are/were.

Hes a huge piece of shit.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

and rid of us Burr..(who was a philandering weirdo...but who was actually trying to fight for the people of the new country)....

by spreading incredulous lies about him, paying off others to spread the rumors, challenging him to duels and getting shot by him?

Hamilton is more Trump than Lincoln.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:50 am
are you really?

kinda cool if so
My 17th great-grandfather was King Edward III of England, who lived back in the 1300s. Back then, they sent their children/grandchildren all over the known world to marry into other royal families. Imagine how many tens of millions of people can now claim them as ancestors!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:42 am

My 17th great-grandfather was King Edward III of England, who lived back in the 1300s. Back then, they sent their children/grandchildren all over the known world to marry into other royal families. Imagine how many tens of millions of people can now claim them as ancestors!
i still think it’s cool even just knowing, regardless of how unique the relationship is or not

we’ve talked about this before…there’s a whole ancestry thread. not sure why the need to be a killjoy
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

And how many hundreds of millions more were subjects of their colonialist oppression!

(I kid. Sort of.)
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

My cousin was Adam. Yours too.

Back to Ramaswamy.......

I haven't read his reasoning.
Can someone explain to me why he feels the country would benefit by raising the voting age to 25?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

most likely explanation. young people tend to vote democrat. then they grow up and vote republican.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:46 am My cousin was Adam. Yours too.

Back to Ramaswamy.......

I haven't read his reasoning.
Can someone explain to me why he feels the country would benefit by raising the voting age to 25?
Probably cause people under 25 have damn near no life experience and don't know jack fucking shit about politics or policies

Meanwhile many democrats have mentioned wanting it lowered to 16.... lol
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

“many”?

like how many?

source?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:56 am
i still think it’s cool even just knowing, regardless of how unique the relationship is or not

we’ve talked about this before…there’s a whole ancestry thread. not sure why the need to be a killjoy
It is cool, wish I knew more about my heritage.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:53 am “many”?

like how many?

source?
Only most corrupt and power hungry, which are the dems at the top of their party. Nancy pelosi is completely for it. Kamali Harris is open to it

They know damn well how stupid and naive teenagers are. No realistic person would advocate lowering the voting age for the good of the of the country. Its a move a corrupt power hungry politician would make, seeing opportunity in a young, naive and vulnerable voting block
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

odd definition of many

you sound scared
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

You know damn well a lot of the other dem politicians and their supporters will fall in line and support lowering to 16

The fact that ANY person would even suggest that is absurd