Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:32 pm growing up and getting out from underneath is what "fundamentally alters the trajectory for how people's politics age."
From underneath...what exactly? The state telling them what to do with what's between their legs?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:59 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:55 pm Naivity is what steers the younger generation towards democrats. Not all of them outgrow it tho unfortunately. Some become too unbiased and obedient to stray
What are you talking about? Your side views The Handmaid's Tale as aspirational.
Why do you keep mentioning some show that nobody gives a fuck about?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:22 pm right around the time they get real jobs, start paying taxes, start their own family, get a mortgage, start a 401k, is when they start voting republican.
Maybe it was true in 1980. Older people see the vacuousness of the Republican Party and stay with the Democrats. Maybe not the predominantly white rural voters.

This is the reason Republicans have to resort to heavy gerrymandering and voter suppression to have half a chance to keep their majority in many states.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:03 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:59 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:55 pm Naivity is what steers the younger generation towards democrats. Not all of them outgrow it tho unfortunately. Some become too unbiased and obedient to stray
What are you talking about? Your side views The Handmaid's Tale as aspirational.
Why do you keep mentioning some show that nobody gives a fuck about?
I'll bet your friends at People of Praise know what I'm talking about.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m starting to be convinced that randy IS lobster
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:27 pm i’m starting to be convinced that randy IS lobster
Then you are jfish
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

and you’re the smartest guy on here
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I put randy on foe after he posted this....
"Probably cause people under 25 have damn near no life experience and don't know jack fucking shit about politics or policies".

I directly responded but then deleted my post.

I wonder if he realizes that there are A LOT of people under the age of 25 that know a hell of a lot more about "politics and policies" than people over the age of 25 - including him.
Not too sure what "life experiences" he's referring to but if that's a requirement for voting I'll say again, a hell of a lot of people under the age of 25 have had "life experiences" that people over the age of 25 have not had - including him.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:45 pm I put randy on foe after he posted this....
"Probably cause people under 25 have damn near no life experience and don't know jack fucking shit about politics or policies".

I directly responded but then deleted my post.

I wonder if he realizes that there are A LOT of people under the age of 25 that know a hell of a lot more about "politics and policies" than people over the age of 25 - including him.
Not too sure what "life experiences" he's referring to but if that's a requirement for voting I'll say again, a hell of a lot of people under the age of 25 have had "life experiences" that people over the age of 25 have not had - including him.
Just think how bright once they'll be after 25 too. Once you add a few adult years to their life. Calm down man lol

Have any of you changed your perspective of things since you were 18-25 compared to now?

When I was 18 I considered myself a Democrat. Environmental issues were most important to me then, and still are, and at the time I thought the democrats actually cared
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:15 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:26 pm You guys are talking about Jamie Raskin?

I mean...cuz...LOL.

He wouldn't win the Dem nomination (much less the presidency) in his own house.
He would be a great president.
Excellent, excellent news!

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I say people under 40 don’t know jack$#!t.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:28 am
Overlander wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:32 am
Sparko wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:05 pm Hamilton wrote most of the Federalist Papers upon which our Constitutional order was intellectually buttressed. Built our economy into a juggernaut from a huge debt. Wrote Washington's Farewell Address. Was a hero of Yorktown and Brooklyn Heights. Wrote and crafted much of Washington's staff work. Probably the most brilliant of the founders. Built federalism. Started with nothing.
John Adams?

And don’t let the fact that I am a direct descendant sway your opinion
are you really?

kinda cool if so
Yep, on my moms side.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:27 pm i’m starting to be convinced that randy IS lobster
Was Lobster ever THIS fucking stupid tho?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:22 pm right around the time they get real jobs, start paying taxes, start their own family, get a mortgage, start a 401k, is when they start voting republican.
Hmmmm… right about the time I woke up and stopped being a supporter of the GOP.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

pdub wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:48 am There’s a reason Mccoulloughs 1776 is loud and proud everywhere. It’s good. ( The Pioneers is also good ).

I’m a sucker for both Shaara’s, though his dad was the best of them, but Jeff has two more narrative like books Rise To The Rebellion is the first of them.

The last one I read was a bit ago actually - the Autumn of the Black Snake - which is post revolution but digs into why Washington ( and other founding fathers gasp! ) wanted a federal army all along ( but it does a good job with the Native American leaders like Brant and Blue Jacket ). It’s pretty dense stuff so if you are more of a speed reader go with the ones above.

And on a somewhat related note, I’m ( slowly ) getting through a book called How To Invent Everything which is a fun ( how I like to ingest my history ) comedic way through humans inventions posing as a handbook that comes with your broken down Time Machine. Good read.
TY
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I am far more of a democrat now than I was at 21 years old. As a non-church goer born to two well educated, non-churchgoing, true Republicans, I have found the GOP platform of the last few decades to be repulsive. It's become so bad that my parents left the party and vote nearly straight blue now. My father, a man who was a delegate for the state of Missouri when Reagan was elected. "We didn't leave the party, the party left us" pretty much sums them up. If the GOP could squeeze all the churchy shit out of their party then they might start winning over some voters.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:43 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:28 am
Overlander wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:32 am

John Adams?

And don’t let the fact that I am a direct descendant sway your opinion
are you really?

kinda cool if so
Yep, on my moms side.
Sorry I came off as harsh. My bad.

Huge genealogy buff. Glad to hear you were able to tie yourself into such a prominent family. Aside from the "that's fucking cool" part, it makes finding information a lot easier. Rich, important people had dates and names kept track of much better than the rest of the population. Fun stuff. It's crazy to imagine what their days were. At least with well-known ancestors, we get a better glimpse of what it may have been. See, now you're going to force me to crack open my ancestry file for a bit. Down the rabbit hole we go...
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:49 pm
Hmmmm… right about the time I woke up and stopped being a supporter of the GOP.
AKA right around the time that most of us left our houses and our parent's influences and realized that there is a much bigger world where people grew up in dramatically different surroundings than that in which we grew up.