Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by zsn »

Who’s going to tell the rubes that there are people with three sex chromosomes (XXY as an example)? Is that person a male or female?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

inconvenient facts
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:32 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:21 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:10 pm

Every single person on earth is different than you, or me. And most of them are not mentally ill

But the ones with gender dysphoria are
No more mentally ill than the fucks who molest little boys by using God and Jesus as their crutch.
Meanwhile, you really don't hear much outrage about it from the "Christian Right". Go figure.
That has nothing to do with this. But yes you are absolutely right. Super fucked up. I am not religious

`
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Tue May 23, 2023 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

zsn wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:48 pm Who’s going to tell the rubes that there are people with three sex chromosomes (XXY as an example)? Is that person a male or female?
I wasn't. That's gotta be an extremely rare thing, right?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Mjl wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:07 pm
zsn wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:48 pm Who’s going to tell the rubes that there are people with three sex chromosomes (XXY as an example)? Is that person a male or female?
Klinefelter’s disease/syndrome

<200K/year in the US

https://ojrd.biomedcentral.com/articles ... -1172-1-42
Last edited by KUTradition on Tue May 23, 2023 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Probably more common than actual instances of biological males beating (as females) biological females in youth sports.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:22 pm
Probably more common than actual instances of biological males beating (as females) biological females in youth sports.
i think you’d be correct
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Tee Shirt idea:
"I went through transition therapy for youth sports."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:23 pm

i think you’d be correct
The whole thing is just such a deeply cynical line of attack by the pubs.

They DO NOT actually care about kids' well-being; if they did, they'd support common-sense legislation that reduced the number of needlessly-dangerous weapons in this country.

They also DO NOT actually care about the dangers of kids being indoctrinated; if they did, they wouldn't support nonsense like the Ten Commandments being posted in classrooms.

All of this - every last drop - is that the pubs have figured out that this issue animates rubes to smash the "CLICK HERE TO DONATE $17.76 TO SAVE AMERICA" button.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

KUTradition wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:21 pm
Klinefelter’s disease/syndrome

<200K/year in the US

https://ojrd.biomedcentral.com/articles ... -1172-1-42
Thanks. Way more than I expected.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Yeah, the Republican obsession with that part is super predictable and obnoxious
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

The the Pubs who like to harp on __________________ .

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/2 ... a-00098338
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

This is some good shit! Kudos to the Onion for making me laugh this morning!

Cody Browning, Sales Associate - “Like a lot of MAGA conservatives, I’m torn between voting for him and shrieking at him for planning 9/11.”

Gus Connor, High School Principal - “I like him, but he’s too young. I think he should run again in 70 to 80 years.”

Kerry Prescott, Train Conductor - “Sorry, but I won’t vote for a Black guy.”

Rosie Scharf, Assistant - If nothing else, he might be the guy who makes Mike Pence come in eighth instead of seventh.”

Ken Brewer, Plumber - “What has become of my beloved white supremacy?”

Trina Park, Business Owner - “As the former CEO of a drug company, you know he has the public’s best interests at heart.”

Enrique Tarrio, Former Proud Boys Chairman - “Its nice to see other brown people rise to the top of traditionally white-dominated organizations.”

June McBride, Cashier - “I, like most Americans, prefer my fearmongering in an incoherent-geriatric-rambling flavor."

Mark Rowan, Lab Assistant - “I agree with him completely about how our country and our culture is being stolen by people like him.”

Kristina Russell, Paramedic - “He’s going to need to run a few more business ventures into the ground before he’s qualified to be president.”

Alice Weisz, Security Guard - “I see him on TV a lot and on the internet, and he’s all over my feed too. It’s a real savvy media strategy.”

Ted Harper, Influencer - “As a former pharmaceutical executive, he sounds like he can get me a Klonopin prescription.”

Yusef Khan, Receptionist - “Finally, a Republican brave enough to complain about wokeness.”

Mary Madison, Nurse - “I think he would make a great vice-presidential sacrifice at the next insurrection.”

Nancy Connelly, Bank Teller - “I like that if I vote for him people can’t call me racist.”

Daniel Cisneros, Construction Inspector - “He’s gonna have to say a lot more fucked-up shit if he wants me to fly his campaign flag on my pickup truck.”

Javier Moreno, Farmer - “Sorry, but at this point, every name that isn’t Donald Trump just sounds like high-pitched white noise to me.”

* * * If they took readers suggestions I might have offered this one.
randylehey, kansascrimson.com, Rabble Rouser - "Don't know much about him yet but came across this campaign ad. And God damn he hit the nail on the head. I am going to keep posting memes and ignorant social media shit about him to knowingly and purposely annoy people and make me come off as an asshat".
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

rare form this morning, gutter
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Rainbows who do you propose is a better presidential candidate for 2024?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:47 am Rainbows who do you propose is a better presidential candidate for 2024?
At this moment, I don't like any of the candidates and no one will be getting my vote.
Even if I felt Ramaswamy was the best candidate (I don't) I would not vote for him because simply put, I don't want him to be my nor our country's President.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Not really. Looks to be about 1 in 500 based on the link below. What's "rare" is when there are four or five.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1634840/

"The term Klinefelter syndrome (KS) describes a group of chromosomal disorder in which there is at least one extra X chromosome to a normal male karyotype, 46,XY. XXY aneuploidy is the most common disorder of sex chromosomes in humans, with prevalence of one in 500 males. Other sex chromosomal aneuploidies have also been described, although they are much less frequent, with 48,XXYY and 48,XXXY being present in 1 per 17,000 to 1 per 50,000 male births. The incidence of 49,XXXXY is 1 per 85,000 to 100,000 male births. In addition, 46,XX males also exist and it is caused by translocation of Y material including sex determining region (SRY) to the X chromosome during paternal meiosis. "

I feel pretty confident in guessing that 1 out of every 500 athletes in youth sports is not a transgender athlete competing in a gender category that is different than that which they were categorized on their birth certificate after they were born.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:51 am
Not really. Looks to be about 1 in 500 based on the link below. What's "rare" is when there are four or five.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1634840/

"The term Klinefelter syndrome (KS) describes a group of chromosomal disorder in which there is at least one extra X chromosome to a normal male karyotype, 46,XY. XXY aneuploidy is the most common disorder of sex chromosomes in humans, with prevalence of one in 500 males. Other sex chromosomal aneuploidies have also been described, although they are much less frequent, with 48,XXYY and 48,XXXY being present in 1 per 17,000 to 1 per 50,000 male births. The incidence of 49,XXXXY is 1 per 85,000 to 100,000 male births. In addition, 46,XX males also exist and it is caused by translocation of Y material including sex determining region (SRY) to the X chromosome during paternal meiosis. "

I feel pretty confident in guessing that 1 out of every 500 athletes in youth sports is not a transgender athlete competing in a gender category that is different than that which they were categorized on their birth certificate after they were born.
And really, cut the odds in half again, right? I haven’t seen any MAGA kvetching about, say, biological females on testosterone having an unfair advantage over biological males.

(Of course this logically makes no sense; a biological female on hormone therapy may well have greater testosterone levels than a biological male. But of course science and fairness aren’t really the point here, and no MAGA out there is gonna say he’s afraid to lose to a GIRL.)
randylahey

Post by randylahey »