2023 Transfer Portal and NBA Declarations

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: 2023 Transfer Portal and NBA Declarations

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:57 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:40 am
randylahey wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:09 pm Still gonna be a bitch playing him multiple times the next few years. You know he's gonna want to play well against us
Everyone wants to play well against Kansas.
Yeah. But for most people its not personal. For udeh, it'll be personal
Meh, good luck to the kid. He still should have stayed at Kansas as he isn't going to get anything close to the caliber of coaching between now and his NBA decision.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:56 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:32 am
randylahey wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:09 pm Still gonna be a bitch playing him multiple times the next few years. You know he's gonna want to play well against us
I don't necessarily disagree but it's kind of crazy to think it's going to be a bitch playing against a guy who averaged 2.6 points and 1.8 rebounds for us. Kind of Roi Boy mentality. Don'tcha think?
What do you think he will average his soph, Jr, and senior year at tcu? Also 2.6 and 1.8?
Maybe. Probably not but maybe.
You are more knowledgeable about KU basketball than I am. Can/will you please explain to me why a guy who was a McDonalds All-American and is at least 6-10 and 250 pounds only averaged 2.6 and 1.8 for Bill Self and KU?
That and why our other "big" only averaged 1.4 and 1.3.
Sorry kids, my dumb ass wonders if we are rightfully blowing Self for being such a great coach should we not question why those two were failures?

Maybe Udeh was the most overrated HS player in the country?
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Theres plenty of mcdonald all Americans that don't excel at freshman. Kentucky and Duke have had quite a few too. Udeh wasn't even the only one KU had last year, throw mj rice in too.

Udeh is a high prospect who was all potential and was not a polished prospect tho
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if the entitled are feeling too entitled to work for it. they are free to move along.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

What would inform the opinion that Udeh doesn't want to work hard?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Udeh would have been a stud here as a sophomore. We saw flashes of it already. He didn't want to waste his talent riding the bench here when he could be a stud almost anywhere else

He seems like a hard worker.. did you watch him play?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:30 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:32 am

I don't necessarily disagree but it's kind of crazy to think it's going to be a bitch playing against a guy who averaged 2.6 points and 1.8 rebounds for us. Kind of Roi Boy mentality. Don'tcha think?
What do you think he will average his soph, Jr, and senior year at tcu? Also 2.6 and 1.8?
You are more knowledgeable about KU basketball than I am. Can/will you please explain to me why a guy who was a McDonalds All-American and is at least 6-10 and 250 pounds only averaged 2.6 and 1.8 for Bill Self and KU?
Sorry kids, my dumb ass wonders if we are rightfully blowing Self for being such a great coach should we not question why those two were failures?

I know a Bill Self big who was rated higher than Udeh nationally who averaged 2.6 and 2.7 his freshman year who then, in his junior year, won B12POY and was a 1st team AA.

I know another Bill Self big who was rated higher than Udeh nationally who averaged 2.8 and 3 his freshman year who then, in his junior year, was B12DPOY and was a 2nd team AA.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

"i want it all. and i want it right now."
-the entitled-
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:24 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:30 am

I know a Bill Self big who was rated higher than Udeh nationally who averaged 2.6 and 2.7 his freshman year who then, in his junior year, won B12POY and was a 1st team AA.

I know another Bill Self big who was rated higher than Udeh nationally who averaged 2.8 and 3 his freshman year who then, in his junior year, was B12DPOY and was a 2nd team AA.
I honestly don't know. Was Dok rated higher than Udeh? I assume he was. Difference between his Freshman year and Udeh's Freshman year is Dok had a guy starting ahead of him who was deserving.

2nd guy you mentioned I originally thought was Withey but then realized it's Aldrich.
Again, Aldrich had a guy starting ahead of him who was much more deserving.

While you bring up excellent points/examples that Self has had highly recruited Bigs that didn't do much their Freshman year and eventually became great players, my point was that Self and the KU team needed Udeh to play well for them his freshman year. He didn't. KU suffered because of it.
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:36 am "i want it all. and i want it right now."
-the entitled-
What's entitled is thinking there's something wrong with a kid for not loving KU just so gosh-darn much that he's cool with getting recruited over.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think it was a matter of him being a freshman big and freshmen bigs don't typically come out of the gates dominating under Bill Self.

You could also argue that Udeh had a guy starting ahead of him who was much more deserving.

It was also a matter of our best players logjamming the 2-4 spots i.e. Dick, McCullar and Jalen.
If you ran Udeh and KJ, you would loose out on one of those 3 scorers and we needed them.
Hence KJ more at the 5.

And finally, i'd add I think Udeh should have played more than he did. From the get go.

1st guy was TRob.
2nd guy was Aldrich.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Thanks for the respectful response and not beating me up for my response.

Moving on......

Seems Baylor got better. I can't keep track of who is staying and who is leaving which/what teams but I have to assume Dennis wouldn't go to Baylor if he isn't going to start for them.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

but, scott drew still sucks
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Another NIL opinion:

Mizzou head football coach Eli Drinkwitz is clearly not happy about college athletes finally being allowed to legally make money from NIL deals as he and other coaches try to fight the shifting power dynamic.

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:22 pm Thanks for the respectful response and not beating me up for my response.

Moving on......

Seems Baylor got better. I can't keep track of who is staying and who is leaving which/what teams but I have to assume Dennis wouldn't go to Baylor if he isn't going to start for them.
How is Baylor better? They lost almost everything from last year.
Who's Dennis?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Mjl wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:38 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:22 pm Thanks for the respectful response and not beating me up for my response.

Moving on......

How is Baylor better? They lost almost everything from last year.
Who's Dennis?
"Better" meaning they got better by adding someone who was the MAC player of the year and averaged 19.5 a game with 5.8 assists - regardless of who they had or didn't have before he committed.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Good find randy.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

They're #1 because the media overrates transfers and freshmen

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They return three starters from a 1 seeded squad and landed a 2nd team AA 7 foot shooter and a bunch of other high rated recruits and transfers.

Plus he is Bill Self which means not only is he a “recruiting” mastermind but a coaching savant.

I get it.