Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by KUTradition »

yep, wokeness just had it removed
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

^^^

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Well, lookie there, Vivek's in bed with the Saudis, and wants to raise the voting age to 25?
What a coincidence...

Derek Cressman
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Thanks for your input, Mr Chamberlain.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Great idea! Reward Putin with Ukrainian Territory. No war crimes tribunals for the rapes, murders and torture of non-combatants and children. No more embargoes of Russia! Ukraine gets to keep the rubble and debt. And maybe can sue for the return of children. And property.

Seriously, that is about the most stupid "peace" proposal imaginable and implies Russia has leverage over him. Get him off the stage.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

It really is nuts.
This really is, unlike most instances, a very accurate Neville Chamberlain comp.

Like I said in the war thread - after South Ossetia, Abkhazia, Crimea, Donbas (which Vivek just suggested to give up) - you think now he's just going to stop? Or do you just keep saying "oh but really he's done this time". Populists suck.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:47 pm It really is nuts.
This really is, unlike most instances, a very accurate Neville Chamberlain comp.

Like I said in the war thread - after South Ossetia, Abkhazia, Crimea, Donbas (which Vivek just suggested to give up) - you think now he's just going to stop? Or do you just keep saying "oh but really he's done this time". Populists suck.
The whole thing is sort of absurd - aren't we in possession of about 16 months and counting of unmistakable evidence that this is a "give a mouse a cookie" thing?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

"give a mouse a cookie and he will eat for a day. teach him how to bake and he will eat for a lifetime."
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Mjl wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:47 pm It really is nuts.

I guess it’s hard to be objective when you’re on Putin’s payroll. If the objective is “deterring Chinese aggression” the precedent of appeasing Russian aggression is not the best one to set. The discussion then will be “freezing current lines of control” thus ceding Taiwan, Tibet, parts of India, Nepal, Myanmar and a majority of the islands in the South China Sea.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:57 am "give a mouse a cookie and he will eat for a day. teach him how to bake and he will eat for a lifetime."
Good contribution, thanks.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:57 am "give a mouse a cookie and he will eat for a day. teach him how to bake and he will eat for a lifetime."
who are you quoting?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Oprah's summer reading list.

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I always preferred the sequel:

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

It's more mellow than Cocaine Bear that's for sure.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:57 am "give a mouse a cookie and he will eat for a day. teach him how to bake, buy the bakery, tell him he can't have any more cookies but he can bake the cookies for you, hoard all the cookies for yourself, pay the mouse in crumbs, no one wants to work any more
FYP

*yells at cloud*
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Just heard Vivek say that he would issue a full pardon to Donald Trump on Day One if he was elected President. That's an automatic disqualifier to me. Trump has clearly put National Security at a serious risk with his clear and obvious breaking of federal law.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:18 am Just heard Vivek say that he would issue a full pardon to Donald Trump on Day One if he was elected President. That's an automatic disqualifier to me. Trump has clearly put National Security at a serious risk with his clear and obvious breaking of federal law.
followed by his continued insistence that he’s done nothing wrong
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:54 am
twocoach wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:18 am Just heard Vivek say that he would issue a full pardon to Donald Trump on Day One if he was elected President. That's an automatic disqualifier to me. Trump has clearly put National Security at a serious risk with his clear and obvious breaking of federal law.
followed by his continued insistence that he’s done nothing wrong
If you heard him say that on CNN this morning, I missed it. Because after deciding I'd watch his interview and get a better idea of what to think about him, he was so instantaneously out in the weeds I could only stand to listen to his drivel briefly and went back to watching videos of Steve Bannon's podcasts.
Derek Cressman