Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by Sparko »

It is nigh onto impossible to pass a reasonable thought through the eye of a needle in the brain of a pinhead. Pardons are for injustice. Trump should have been jailed long ago.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Sparko wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:40 pm It is nigh onto impossible to pass a reasonable thought through the eye of a needle in the brain of a pinhead.
If I turn that into a t-shirt, I will need an address for your royalty checks.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:34 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:54 am
twocoach wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:18 am Just heard Vivek say that he would issue a full pardon to Donald Trump on Day One if he was elected President. That's an automatic disqualifier to me. Trump has clearly put National Security at a serious risk with his clear and obvious breaking of federal law.
followed by his continued insistence that he’s done nothing wrong
If you heard him say that on CNN this morning, I missed it. Because after deciding I'd watch his interview and get a better idea of what to think about him, he was so instantaneously out in the weeds I could only stand to listen to his drivel briefly and went back to watching videos of Steve Bannon's podcasts.
It was around 8am on CNN on XM radio in an interview with Dana Bash. Not sure if it was live or recorded.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

So Vivek is not a law and order guy. Noted.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

defixione wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:10 pm So Vivek is not a law and order guy. Noted.
He claims that he read the indictment and felt it was devoid of "facts and law" which just means he cares more about trying to scrape off a few Trump voters than he does about actual facts and law.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:03 pm
defixione wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:10 pm So Vivek is not a law and order guy. Noted.
He claims that he read the indictment and felt it was devoid of "facts and law" which just means he cares more about trying to scrape off a few Trump voters than he does about actual facts and law.
What he means by that is that he believes the legal precedent for the application of the Presidential Records Act (i.e. the Clinton "sock drawer") would preclude prosecution under the Espionage Act.

Given the contrary opinion expressed by others who have generally defended Trump -- Turley, Andy McCarthy, etc. -- I think Vivek is clearly wrong. But it's not as if he just made up his defense out of whole cloth.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The bottom line is he is willing to turn a blind eye to the dangerous Trump crimes. And they haven't recovered all the documents nor explained the lavish Saudi bribes. He is a feckless laut.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

He has a very good grasp of the current Republican ethos

I think he's going to do well in Iowa.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mjl wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:13 pm He has a very good grasp of the current Republican ethos

I wholeheartedly disagree, but it's early enough, almost anything could happen.

Almost.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mjl wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:13 pm He has a very good grasp of the current Republican ethos

Iowa is so damn weird -- additionally, it doesn't really matter all that much.

Presidents Huckabee, Santorum, and Cruz can confirm.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

This doesn't belong in on the Ramasawmy thread but since Trump's legal issues are being discussed on it.....

Maybe not so stupid question time.....

If Trump knowingly and purposely spewed bullshit about Covid and people died because of it, what if any legal repercussions would/should he face?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:19 am This doesn't belong in on the Ramasawmy thread but since Trump's legal issues are being discussed on it.....

If Trump knowingly and purposely spewed bullshit about Covid and people died because of it, what if any legal repercussions would/should he face?
I doubt anyone can say for sure, since I doubt it's ever been litigated. But, I wouldn't hold my breath. I would guess it would be considered an "official duty", but the "knowingly and purposely" parts would could perhaps mitigate his immunity...?

The Constitution doesn't directly discuss presidential immunity from criminal or civil lawsuits. Instead, this privilege has developed over time through the Supreme Court's interpretation of Article II, Section 2, Clause 3:

...Is the President Immune from civil liability?

The President is immune from civil liability absolutely for suits arising from actions relating to official duties. This includes all acts in the "outer perimeter" of those duties. However, the President is not immune from actions arising from unofficial conduct.

Are ex-presidents immune from liability?

The courts have not yet ruled whether immunity extends to ex-presidents for actions taken in the "outer perimeter" of their official conduct while in office. However, as with a sitting president, a former president will not be immune from actions arising from unofficial conduct while in office, conduct occurring prior to entering office and conduct occurring after leaving office.

What does presidential immunity cover?

Presidential immunity covers actions relating to the official duties of the President, including those in the "outer perimeter" of those duties. Immunity does not extend to unofficial conduct, criminal conduct, and conduct occurring prior to entering office...
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:19 am This doesn't belong in on the Ramasawmy thread but since Trump's legal issues are being discussed on it.....

There are enough legitimate legal violations by Trump that I don't see any benefit of chasing that around in circles. It would just be more noise in the "withhunt" circles.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:20 am
Shutting down the FBI and IRS is another immediate disqualifier. That's just chumming the waters of Magadonia. Dumb.

If he wants to do some restructuring and put better auditing in place? Absolutely. There is likely no federal agency that wouldn't benefit from a thorough review and audit of practices and policies. But "shutting them down" is just a slap in the face to the benefits of the work done by both groups. You don't amputate your foot to deal with an annoying hangnail.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

we’re gonna have two lunches…vending machines in every hallway…re-implemented afternoon naps…and no more homework!!
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The idea of shutting down the fbi isn't permanent. It just needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. The culture of corruption is too deep to be rooted out
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Whats really happened to our country? When has transgenderism become such a priority we have to display it globally like its our identity

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:35 am Whats really happened to our country? When has transgenderism become such a priority we have to display it globally like its our identity

Maybe because, I don't know...inclusivity, diversity, the quality of being welcoming...all of these things are - in addition to simply being good - very good for attracting and retaining good people?

Pubs are so eager for the government to be run like a business...well, if my business makes widgets, I want the best widget engineers, the best widget manufacturers, the best widget salespeople and the best widget repairpeople. Regardless of what's between (or not between) their legs, or their kids' legs?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

…all “men” are created equal…

reading is fun!
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?