Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by jhawks99 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:47 am
randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:35 am Whats really happened to our country? When has transgenderism become such a priority we have to display it globally like its our identity

Maybe because, I don't know...inclusivity, diversity, the quality of being welcoming...all of these things are - in addition to simply being good - very good for attracting and retaining good people?

Pubs are so eager for the government to be run like a business...well, if my business makes widgets, I want the best widget engineers, the best widget manufacturers, the best widget salespeople and the best widget repairpeople. Regardless of what's between (or not between) their legs, or their kids' legs?
These things make randy feel... uncomfortable.
Broham
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The thin blue line desecration of the flag goes unchallenged. A weirder rainbow celebrating black and blue bruises I guess.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:35 am Whats really happened to our country? When has transgenderism become such a priority we have to display it globally like its our identity

Brutally honest Gutter time.....
I am not a "fan" of Transgenderism but I am yet to have a personal issue with a Transgender person and I don't feel a need to have hatred towards Transgender people. I am more concerned with MANY other "groups" of people in this country than I am with Transgender people.
I had a problem with a loud obnoxious drunk fuck in a nice restaurant last night. I hate loud obnoxious drunk fucks.

Simple questions randy - Why do you seem to have such a problem with Transgender people? What has a Transgender person done to YOU or someone you care about?

P.S. Ramaswamy actually said this in his post - "Says a lot about the loss of civic pride and the moral vacuum in our country".
Transgender people aren't civilians who have pride? Fuck him! I feel it's morally wrong to hate on others because they are different.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s a fact that it’s morally wrong, gutter

it’s called bigotry
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

But, but, but, all the republicans love the sinner, but hate the sin. I can't believe that no republican congressperson has the morals and spine to stand against Trump and the republican culture wars.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Opinion | Vivek Ramaswamy runs on the unlimited optimism of the inexperienced

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... xperience/
The first Republican millennial — he is 37 — to run for president sees a path to the presidential nomination: Reach the top three in Iowa, the top two in New Hampshire, then zoooooom. This is not much more implausible than businessman Wendell Willkie was when he won the 1940 nomination after registering zero percent in polls three months before the Republican convention. About governing, Ramaswamy has the limitless optimism of the inexperienced.

“Shutting down” the administrative state? Easy, he says, because much of it was created by rescindable executive orders. Returning the Federal Reserve to the single mandate of preserving the dollar as store of value? Statute be damned, the person he chooses to replace Chair Jerome H. Powell will acknowledge no other mandate.

Making Social Security and Medicare sustainable? Painless: Neither benefit cuts nor revenue increases needed because sustained 5 percent economic growth is attainable partly by “abandoning the climate cult, drilling more, fracking more, burning coal unapologetically.” Abolishing the Education Department? A piece of cake, and without congressional involvement: Civil service rules protect individuals, so mass layoffs are possible by executive fiat. And impoundment — the presidential power to not spend appropriated money — should be revived.

Congress might not cheerfully bid adieu to the power of the purse, but Ramaswamy might have the most capacious conception of presidential power — institutional and pastoral — in this history of U.S. politics.

Although he describes today’s pandemic of wokeness as a disease — “a cultural cancer” — he also calls it a “symptom” of “a vacuum at the heart of our national soul.” Americans, he says, are suffering a “void of purpose.” This is an echo of 1979, when President Jimmy Carter addressed the nation about its supposed “crisis of confidence” striking “at the very heart and soul and spirit of our national will.” Americans were, Carter sermonized, misunderstanding “human identity” and “longing for meaning.” Actually, they were longing for competent government, not a presidential scolding.

[...]

Ramaswamy, who has not encountered many problems that are impervious to his charisma and certitude, believes that a forcefully expressed presidential vision can conquer Washington’s viscosity. When he has lived longer, he will know better.

He is less than half the age of the Republican front-runner, and if elected would be four years younger than John F. Kennedy was when, at 43, he became the youngest elected president. Ramaswamy’s bid is not a vanity candidacy: He is public spirited and wholesomely exasperated by what he correctly considers the unusual and unnecessary quantity of irrationality in public life today.

It is good that the political process is porous enough to be penetrated by an outsider who is a Roman candle of ideas, many of which merit a hearing. He might kindle a fire. Stranger things have happened. But not many.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i actually agree, that there is a void of purpose

however, his ideas coming to fruition will only exacerbate that void, not fill it
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The purpose used to be the collective good. Being a part of a society (as opposed to being apart from society). But as we saw most clearly during Covid, that's certainly been lost.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

and i’d say the same regarding environmental and climate issues
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Agree, of course.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

defixione wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:47 pm But, but, but, all the republicans love the sinner, but hate the sin. I can't believe that no republican congressperson has the morals and spine to stand against Trump and the republican culture wars.
Several GOP congresspersons have stood against Trump and the Republican culture wars. They are all now former congresspersons because they were run out of office. The GOP voting public has shown that this is what a majority of them want and what best represents them.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

run out of office or chose to not seek re-election
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:55 am i actually agree, that there is a void of purpose

however, his ideas coming to fruition will only exacerbate that void, not fill it
Bear with me as I get a little Qusdahlly, but…

Is there a void of purpose, or is it that our systems DO have a purpose, but it’s just little more than individual accumulation of wealth?

And it becomes more and more difficult for the 99% to do so as the 1% accumulates more and more.

And (what could would should be) common sense environmental measures take a back seat to short term profits (another symptom of individual-accumulation-of-wealth-above-all, but maybe I should take that to the capitalism causes climate change thread)

And so on…
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:55 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:55 am i actually agree, that there is a void of purpose

Bear with me as I get a little Qusdahlly, but…

Is there a void of purpose, or is it that our systems DO have a purpose, but it’s just little more than individual accumulation of wealth?

And it becomes more and more difficult for the 99% to do so as the 1% accumulates more and more.

And (what could would should be) common sense environmental measures take a back seat to short term profits (another symptom of individual-accumulation-of-wealth-above-all, but maybe I should take that to the capitalism causes climate change thread)

And so on…
don’t conflate the system with those charged with running it

(read my sig line)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I wanna ask how to distinguish but let’s run with it, and instead ask:

So when DID the purpose used to be collective good, and what were the features that made it so?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:51 pm I wanna ask how to distinguish but let’s run with it, and instead ask:

So when DID the purpose used to be collective good, and what were the features that made it so?
Probably WWII era. The Vietnam War seemed to make some question whether the "collective good" was really good for everyone. And then they injected The Bible into the GOP platform and everything turned into "us vs. not us".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:50 am run out of office or chose to not seek re-election
Yep. Here in Nebraska, former Sen. Ben Sasse dipped his toe into the effort to criticize Trump and was summary booed locally. He then left politics and took the job as President of the University of Florida before the Trump Humpers could run him out of office.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:59 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:50 am run out of office or chose to not seek re-election
Yep. Here in Nebraska, former Sen. Ben Sasse dipped his toe into the effort to criticize Trump and was summary booed locally. He then left politics and took the job as President of the University of Florida before the Trump Humpers could run him out of office.
He’s another one who, for better or worse, I believe is not gone forever from national politics, just waiting for the wake to clear a bit.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:12 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:59 pm
He’s another one who, for better or worse, I believe is not gone forever from national politics, just waiting for the wake to clear a bit.
I would bet that both he and Liz Cheney reemerge once Trumpism is further in the rearview mirror.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Brutally honest Gutter time.....
I am not a "fan" of Transgenderism but I am yet to have a personal issue with a Transgender person and I don't feel a need to have hatred towards Transgender people. I am more concerned with MANY other "groups" of people in this country than I am with Transgender people.
I had a problem with a loud obnoxious drunk fuck in a nice restaurant last night. I hate loud obnoxious drunk fucks.

Simple questions randy - Why do you seem to have such a problem with Transgender people? What has a Transgender person done to YOU or someone you care about?

P.S. Ramaswamy actually said this in his post - "Says a lot about the loss of civic pride and the moral vacuum in our country".
Transgender people aren't civilians who have pride? Fuck him! I feel it's morally wrong to hate on others because they are different.
THAT is my problem with things like this. We started as a nation treated anyone who wasn't a white, male landowner as less than full citizens. We've made tremendous strides but we still have people in this country who are being treated as if they are less than full and equal citizens.

What annoys me even more is that it is the citizens who so loudly claim to be defenders of our nation and it's Constitution whop are so quick to tell certain people that they are not equal citizens. Go fuck yourself. I'd rather live next door to a trans person that a fucking dumb ass.