an even more frightening perspective

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: an even more frightening perspective

Post by ousdahl »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:04 pm
ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:53 am Talk dirty to they/them.

People like that scare me. Do they really want the government to have the ability to shut off their power at the push of a button? Or even to be able to tell them that they can't set their own thermostat?

I already don't trust the local energy provider in Michigan. After our area went without electricity for 9 days in the middle of last Winter, I spent $13K on a whole house propane generator because I'll be damned if I'm going to sit in the cold and dark for almost two weeks because someone sitting in a warm, lighted home decides if/when I get my power back.
Dang, I can’t believe anyone considered anything beyond the perspective of JKLivin.

How foolish!

Guess we’re better off staying the course of for-profit energy, even if the collateral damage is literal mass extinction.

Years from now, when your kids inherit an increasingly inhabitable wasteland of an earth, no doubt they’ll stop and think, “yeah, but for that beautiful moment in time, think of all that wealth created for shareholders.”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:04 pm "you dont want to know what the actual left leaning position on climate change is."

Oh. We know.

and you guys thought Qusdahl was bad about getting all of they/them’s info from memes.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:57 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:04 pm
ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:53 am Talk dirty to they/them.

People like that scare me. Do they really want the government to have the ability to shut off their power at the push of a button? Or even to be able to tell them that they can't set their own thermostat?

I already don't trust the local energy provider in Michigan. After our area went without electricity for 9 days in the middle of last Winter, I spent $13K on a whole house propane generator because I'll be damned if I'm going to sit in the cold and dark for almost two weeks because someone sitting in a warm, lighted home decides if/when I get my power back.
Dang, I can’t believe anyone considered anything beyond the perspective of JKLivin.

How foolish!

Guess we’re better off staying the course of for-profit energy, even if the collateral damage is literal mass extinction.

Years from now, when your kids inherit an increasingly inhabitable wasteland of an earth, no doubt they’ll stop and think, “yeah, but for that beautiful moment in time, think of all that wealth created for shareholders.”
Thanks, Greta.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:58 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:04 pm "you dont want to know what the actual left leaning position on climate change is."

Oh. We know.

and you guys thought Qusdahl was bad about getting all of they/them’s info from memes.

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

LoL
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so what IS the left’s position on climate change then, you guys?

Care to articulate?

Or should we just stop and giggle at the medieval art?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

[img[[/img]
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

^^^^

DC winning the internet? lol

boomer
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:20 pm boomer
LoL. nOpE.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you should get that shift key fixed

it seems to cause you lots of problems

if you aren’t a boomer, what your excuse?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

whats the shift key do? I'm not smart.
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:04 pm so what IS the left’s position on climate change then, you guys?

Care to articulate?

Or should we just stop and giggle at the medieval art?
All of mankind living in their own filth and eating cricket protein, I’m guessing.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

id guess the super far left is going to lean more towards thoughts of mass population reduction as a means to proceed moreso than anything but....who knows
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:09 pm id guess the super far left is going to lean more towards thoughts of mass population reduction as a means to proceed moreso than anything but....who knows
Why put forth the effort when "conservative" republicans have been protecting their industrial benefactors by lying to the American people for so many decades that unregulated greenhouse gases aren't going to take a toll, that the environment is going to perform a "mass population reduction", without any help?

"Death solves all problems — no man, no problem." Anatoly Rybakov

(BTW, the "shift" key is the Caps key.)
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Feral wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:53 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:09 pm id guess the super far left is going to lean more towards thoughts of mass population reduction as a means to proceed moreso than anything but....who knows
Why put forth the effort when "conservative" republicans have been protecting their industrial benefactors by lying to the American people for so many decades that unregulated greenhouse gases aren't going to take a toll, that the environment is going to perform a "mass population reduction", without any help?

well because then "they" could control who was included in the mass reduction in population.....the rest of it is gonna get us all probably. But...something is gonna get us all eventually...death is undefeated.

and ahh..got it. Technology....not my thing. You'd think I'd get better at it but alas....I think one has to have some semblance of desire to improve for it to manifest.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kind of a great example of why the issue won't be solved. Denial is a Hell of a drug.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Feral wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:53 pm

well, if you wanna get partisan about it...

among those "so many decades," how many times were dems in control, and what did they do to curb the issue?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

The xtian party has no concern for the planet. After all, their real home is in heaven.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

defixione wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:49 pm The xtian party has no concern for the planet. After all, their real home is in heaven.
I was raised catholic, and I’m more afraid of purgatory than hell. But I suppose that’s where most humans will end up, since we bark about changing things, but then use all the conveniences our lives would suck without. Sure there aren’t better choices, but our choice to use them is why we will ultimately measured by, right? Not telling god (whoever) ‘but all the other kids did it too?’.

Btw- I’m absolutely going to purgatory based on this definition.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

For the record, I might end up in hell…considering I got baptized in the LDS church to close the deal with a girlfriend back when I was in my 20s. Sigh.

Lightning scares me.