Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by jfish26 »

This seems, ah, timely.

Elon Musk’s Shadow Rule

How the U.S. government came to rely on the tech billionaire—and is now struggling to rein him in.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023 ... hadow-rule
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:22 am
randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:57 am But take for example a guy like Bill gates, who has too much time and money, and begins tinkering with everyone's lives all across the globe, researching and implementing things he doesn't have a clue about.

He's a madman. Mad Men need to be stopped
In your own words, what would a libertarian do about someone the libertarian thinks has “too much time and money?”
Nothing. Until they start committing crimes against humanity.

Then they gotta go
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:24 am
TDub wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:12 am I will admit it makes me a little uncomfortable that he's buying up all the available farmland across the nation.

Hes a tech guy, he should stick to tech and not muddle with agriculture and medicines beyond providing funding.

Having worked on the Bill and Melinda gates foundation the overwhelming feeling there was that Melinda truly cared and was trying to help and that there was something maybe a bit more sinister behind most of Bills plays and moves.
my impression is that those purchases are facilitating the gmo work being funded by the foundation (though i could be wrong), along with biofuel research

if “we’re” supposed to adapt our way through the burgeoning climate crisis, gmo’s that are drought/flood tolerant would seem like a wise pursuit (as would developing more efficient biofuels)

you and i agree on the negatives associated with industrialized, factory farming…but, new varieties of crops that tolerate new and changing climate regimes have to come from somewhere

i saw a Business Insider report stating that his purchase total is less that 0.1% of US farmland
yea...there are some concerning trends with agricultural land ownership.

Gates owns 280k acres
Bezos owns 430k acres
Ted Turner owns near 2 million acres

China owns over 385k acres
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:38 am
randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:57 am But take for example a guy like Bill gates, who has too much time and money, and begins tinkering with everyone's lives all across the globe, researching and implementing things he doesn't have a clue about.

In your own words, what would a libertarian do about someone the libertarian thinks has “too much time and money?”

Then they gotta go
What does “gotta go” mean. And who makes that call? The libertarian, ah, captain?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:24 am This seems, ah, timely.

Elon Musk’s Shadow Rule

How the U.S. government came to rely on the tech billionaire—and is now struggling to rein him in.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023 ... hadow-rule
I did not know that my man here was the new Antonio Cromartie.
(Musk now has at least nine children with three different women, and has said that he is doing his part to address one of his pet issues, the risk of population collapse; demographers are skeptical about the matter.)
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

or Nick Cannon
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Then they gotta go
Crimes against humanity? Oh boy, OK.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:51 am

Then they gotta go
Crimes against humanity? Oh boy, OK.
You have to remember - it’s very important to these people that they use heightened, inflammatory, rhetoric to bothsidesly muddy the waters.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sad.
Although Musk’s teen-age daughter, Vivian, has come out as trans, he has embraced anti-trans sentiment, saying that he would lobby to criminalize “irreversible” gender-affirming care for children. (Vivian recently changed her last name, saying in a legal filing, “I no longer live with or wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape or form.”)
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today In: Credit where credit is due!

മേരി ആൻഡേഴ്സൺ വിൻഡ്ഷീൽഡ് വൈപ്പർ certainly knows his audience, aggressively, belligerently, ignorant:

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

It's a fair question, Rob. Vivek was 16 on September 11, 2001. So...probably not much.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Despite what your Blackrock owned globalist media outlets say about gates, he is hated globally for the side effects of his research tinkerings. And banned from countries
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:05 pm Despite what your Blackrock owned globalist media outlets say about gates, he is hated globally for the side effects of his research tinkerings. And banned from countries
How cute that you’ve found a new conjuring word.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:46 am Today In: Credit where credit is due!

മേരി ആൻഡേഴ്സൺ വിൻഡ്ഷീൽഡ് വൈപ്പർ certainly knows his audience, aggressively, belligerently, ignorant:

Anyone who so easily refers to their opinions as "the truth" should be watched carefully.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:41 am
TDub wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:12 am I will admit it makes me a little uncomfortable that he's buying up all the available farmland across the nation.

Hes a tech guy, he should stick to tech and not muddle with agriculture and medicines beyond providing funding.

Having worked on the Bill and Melinda gates foundation the overwhelming feeling there was that Melinda truly cared and was trying to help and that there was something maybe a bit more sinister behind most of Bills plays and moves.
my impression is that those purchases are facilitating the gmo work being funded by the foundation (though i could be wrong), along with biofuel research

if “we’re” supposed to adapt our way through the burgeoning climate crisis, gmo’s that are drought/flood tolerant would seem like a wise pursuit (as would developing more efficient biofuels)

you and i agree on the negatives associated with industrialized, factory farming…but, new varieties of crops that tolerate new and changing climate regimes have to come from somewhere

i saw a Business Insider report stating that his purchase total is less that 0.1% of US farmland

Gates owns 280k acres
Bezos owns 430k acres

Time to think of something else to keep you up at night?

Derek Cressman
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Feral wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:36 pm

Gates owns 280k acres
Bezos owns 430k acres

Depends on whether or not you include Blackrock and it’s various holding companies under the “China” umbrella.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Grift grift grift grift grift.

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Psych wrote:Depends on whether or not you include Blackrock and it’s various holding companies under the “China” umbrella.
I look forward to you explaining it to us.
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Gates owns 280k acres
Bezos owns 430k acres

“Free market” lulz
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:49 pm

Gates owns 280k acres
Bezos owns 430k acres

“Free market” lulz
I dont think prohibiting non citizens from purchasing land is necessarily considered dabbling with the free market.
Just Ledoux it