Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:06 pm
mjl2 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:52 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:29 pm
I see no realistic path to Trump being beat in the primaries and not winning the nomination. His base is simply too committed to this absurdity. It's Ride Or Die at this point.
Do you see what I am saying though? His base also hates the vaccine, which he helped deliver. They also loathe Fauci, who Trump put in front of the country
That would require the application of common sense and internal review, which I honestly haven't seen from many Trump base voters. The people who do that sort of honest assessment have already bailed on Trump and either left the GOP Party entirely or have moved on to some other GOP nominee. His base is pretty baked in at this point absent a thorough and convincing conviction.
it’s the same level of logic behind the idea that the election was rigged only against trump (and not all the other down-ballot pubs that won)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:10 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:06 pm
mjl2 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:52 pm

Do you see what I am saying though? His base also hates the vaccine, which he helped deliver. They also loathe Fauci, who Trump put in front of the country
That would require the application of common sense and internal review, which I honestly haven't seen from many Trump base voters. The people who do that sort of honest assessment have already bailed on Trump and either left the GOP Party entirely or have moved on to some other GOP nominee. His base is pretty baked in at this point absent a thorough and convincing conviction.
Especially because Trump’s base will do as it’s told. If Trump comes out and says everything Covid related was Soros/deep state…his base will simply go along with it.
To wit.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:46 pm

It is apparent that Vivek’s faux-intellectual buzzwording has landed with at least a portion of the rubes.
People love how committed to The Big Lie all these clowns are. The whole "polls show that people would have changed their vote if Hunter Biden laptop was not reported to be disinformation" is so wildly misunderstood, misused and misapplied. Vivek is just parroting the same stupidity.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:13 pm

It is apparent that Vivek’s faux-intellectual buzzwording has landed with at least a portion of the rubes.
People love how committed to The Big Lie all these clowns are. The whole "polls show that people would have changed their vote if Hunter Biden laptop was not reported to be disinformation" is so wildly misunderstood, misused and misapplied. Vivek is just parroting the same stupidity.
As always the massive underlying logic gaps are glossed over.

If what the pubs claim - to this point without evidence, and not for lack of trying - about Hunter is TRUE, then maybe the results would have been different.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:17 pm

As always the massive underlying logic gaps are glossed over.

If what the pubs claim - to this point without evidence, and not for lack of trying - about Hunter is TRUE, then maybe the results would have been different.
The grand total of the big cover up regarding Hunter's laptop was what specifically? That people weren't allowed to post wild assumptions and accusations about the contents when there was no legitimate list of the contents to date? I'd hardly call that the crime of the century or whatever Vivek was referring to it as.

So what we learned since then? That Hunter didn't declare all his income from Burisma and that he was a scumbag drug addict who took lots of random pictures of himself and his life. Wow, big election changer...
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

As always - if there is evidence of lawbreaking, come with the evidence. Supposition isn’t evidence. Nor is playing connect the dots.

If Hunter has committed crimes, then he should be prosecuted to the same extent (and with the same defenses) as anyone similarly situated.

If Joe has committed crimes, then he should be prosecuted to the same extent (and with the same defenses) as anyone similarly situated.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

It kinda amazes me how much and how often "the big lie" is misunderstood, misused, and misapplied.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Shirley wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:47 pm
mjl2 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:26 pm I think people are underestimating this guy. He appeals to sane pubs (even DC likes him, for instance), but also has a pretty solid mastery of the ethos (there's a better word that's escaping me) of the crazy/moronic pubs.

I think he's going to have a significant rise in the polls after Wednesday.

And then his opponents are going to dig up "liberal" or "woke" stuff he has done/said in the past. Will be interesting to see if he can withstand that.
mjI2 wrote:"...He...also has a pretty solid mastery of the ethos (there's a better word that's escaping me) of the crazy/moronic pubs."

The word you're looking for is "aggrievement", i.e., "hate".
Zeitgeist. That's what I was looking for.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

mjl2 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:32 pm
Shirley wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:47 pm
mjl2 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:26 pm I think people are underestimating this guy. He appeals to sane pubs (even DC likes him, for instance), but also has a pretty solid mastery of the ethos (there's a better word that's escaping me) of the crazy/moronic pubs.

I think he's going to have a significant rise in the polls after Wednesday.

And then his opponents are going to dig up "liberal" or "woke" stuff he has done/said in the past. Will be interesting to see if he can withstand that.
mjI2 wrote:"...He...also has a pretty solid mastery of the ethos (there's a better word that's escaping me) of the crazy/moronic pubs."

The word you're looking for is "aggrievement", i.e., "hate".
Zeitgeist. That's what I was looking for.
^^^
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Swamp gas. That was the methane released by climate change and bullshit we were looking for. But lovely parting grifts.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

smells kinda trumpy
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i gotta give the man his credit. he sure does have the propaganda machine all spun up.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:33 am i gotta give the man his credit. he sure does have the propaganda machine all spun up.
Ok, you tell his story then. I’ll wait.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

seems like he has tapped into the same spicket barracks obama did.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:35 am seems like he has tapped into the same spicket barracks obama did.
Out of curiosity, how do you go about choosing whose names to purposefully misspell? Because it happens a lot. Wondering if there’s a common thread.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:40 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:35 am seems like he has tapped into the same spicket barracks obama did.
Out of curiosity, how do you go about choosing whose names to purposefully misspell? Because it happens a lot. Wondering if there’s a common thread.
"spicket"

And this fucker votes.....
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

suppling the tit