Ugh.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:44 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:36 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:35 pm

You should open up your view of the world a bit because that is absolutely not the case. People all over the world were literally asking "WTF is the US doing?" on a regular basis when Trump was President. World leaders laughed on camera at him and about him.
And now they think we no longer matter. I prefer the former to the latter.
Hmmmm.
Seems you and randy prove on a daily basis that you matter because you're being laughed at.

I prefer our President and country don't matter to others than be laughed at - but I'm not right in the head.
I would argue that your laughter says more about you than it does about me or Randy.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

zsn wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:40 pm I looked up “grasping at straws” and it said “see ‘delusional’”

Then, I went to see “delusional”. It showed me this.
JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:47 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:42 pm Interesting thread.

Must be the same drug they’ve been giving Brandon. Are incontinence and inability to navigate stairs among the side effects?
I would agree that Brandon is, at times, delusional. Good observation!
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:45 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:44 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:36 pm

And now they think we no longer matter. I prefer the former to the latter.
Hmmmm.
Seems you and randy prove on a daily basis that you matter because you're being laughed at.

I prefer our President and country don't matter to others than be laughed at - but I'm not right in the head.
I would argue that your laughter says more about you than it does about me or Randy.
No need to argue. I agree.
It says I can and do find humor in things I find to be insane and delusional. Which of course shouldn't really be funny to me.
Chalk it up to my not being right in the head. ;) :?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the more that comes out of his mouth, the more he comes off as just another candace owens-style kook

kkk = ayana pressley

jfc
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:04 am the more that comes out of his mouth, the more he comes off as just another candace owens-style kook

kkk = ayana pressley

jfc
You see the bit over the weekend where he said that Pence should have tossed the election results and unilaterally (in his capacity as President of the Senate) imposed a one-day, next-day, in-person redo of the 2020 election?

Real constitutionalist, this guy.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Nuthin says "dude is legit!" like an endorsement from OJ, yeah, that OJ.

O.J. Simpson on Sunday released a video suggesting that Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy is “onto something” but said he should “untie” himself from some in the party, floating the idea that he could run alongside fellow candidate Nikki Haley.

“Just like the debates, the Republican debates, I said, ‘Hey, this guy’s onto something,’” Simpson said of Ramaswamy’s performance at the first GOP presidential debate last week and an appearance on NBC News’s “Meet the Press” over the weekend. “Then he’ll say something else, oh my god. I attribute it to his youth.”

The disgraced former running back said he has “a little problem” with Ramaswamy’s foreign affairs positions, but chalked it up to the candidate’s youth and lauded his “fresh” perspectives. He said one way to fill that gap in foreign experience was to consider fellow GOP candidate Nikki Haley, a former ambassador, as a running mate which Simpson said would give Ramaswamy “a chance.”
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

That settles it, right?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Fuck Yeah! OJ is a KING MAKER!

He has his finger on the pulse of the republican primary participants.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I miss Norm Macdonald
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I have thought, there is no way I would ever agree with Marc on anything, and here we are.....

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... icy-paper/
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Three questions probably no one on here will answer but I am curious about right now.

1. Can/will someone please explain to me why someone who DIDN'T vote for Trump in 2016 and 2020 would vote for Ramaswamy in their state's Republican "primary"?

2. Can/will someone please explain to me why someone who DID vote for Trump in 2016 and 2020 would vote for Ramaswamy in their state's Republican "primary"?

3. Are there two other candidates that are as similar as Trump and Ramaswamy are to each other?

P.S.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

How did Vivek acquire his money? Essentially, it involves Vivek acquiring a failed pharmaceutical drug that went through 4 unsuccessful trials that he would market as an Alzheimer's breakthrough. He put his mom, a doctor, on the research team and suddenly, the drug showed remarkable improvement (Ahem). The drug was rebranded, and his company took in millions. Yet before the phase 3 trials began, Vivek and his family emptied their shares.

The saga involves manipulated data, a company based in Bermuda, destroyed lives and alleged insider training knowledge.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/8 ... uld-expect
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Sparko wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:51 pm How did Vivek acquire his money? Essentially, it involves Vivek acquiring a failed pharmaceutical drug that went through 4 unsuccessful trials that he would market as an Alzheimer's breakthrough. He put his mom, a doctor, on the research team and suddenly, the drug showed remarkable improvement (Ahem). The drug was rebranded, and his company took in millions. Yet before the phase 3 trials began, Vivek and his family emptied their shares.

The saga involves manipulated data, a company based in Bermuda, destroyed lives and alleged insider training knowledge.

Cool. When I think of Biden, I think of Burisma. Then I think about all of the money that they paid him and they paid Hunter and that we’re paying Ukraine, and I feel sick to my stomach. And that’s the one we’re aware of.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:14 pm
Sparko wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:51 pm How did Vivek acquire his money? Essentially, it involves Vivek acquiring a failed pharmaceutical drug that went through 4 unsuccessful trials that he would market as an Alzheimer's breakthrough. He put his mom, a doctor, on the research team and suddenly, the drug showed remarkable improvement (Ahem). The drug was rebranded, and his company took in millions. Yet before the phase 3 trials began, Vivek and his family emptied their shares.

Cool. When I think of Biden, I think of Burisma. Then I think about all of the money that they paid him and they paid Hunter and that we’re paying Ukraine, and I feel sick to my stomach. And that’s the one we’re aware of.
and Trump? good clean business there ya?
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:27 pm

Gosh sakes, no. Is there anyone out there who made tons of money honestly? It’d be cool if we could set up our system so you could become POTUS without being either a) independently wealthy or b) owned by people who fit category a.
Last edited by JKLivin on Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

eliminate lobbies and you start to curb that problem.
Just Ledoux it
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:36 pm

Gosh sakes, no. Is there anyone out there who made tons of money honestly? It’s be cool if we could set up our system so you could become POTUS without being either a) independently wealthy or b) owned by people who fit category a.
Yes. You are the farthest left person here but you consume only right wing media. It produces a really weird result.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:12 pm eliminate lobbies and you start to curb that problem.
Agreed. Great starting point.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

mjl2 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:21 pm
JKLivin wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:36 pm

Gosh sakes, no. Is there anyone out there who made tons of money honestly? It’s be cool if we could set up our system so you could become POTUS without being either a) independently wealthy or b) owned by people who fit category a.
Yes. You are the farthest left person here but you consume only right wing media. It produces a really weird result.
I think the word you’re looking for is pragmatist. I’m interested in what works, even if I don’t much like how the sausage is made.