Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by jfish26 »

The problem is not that Vivek accepted the scholarship. It’s that he wants to sell a version of himself that is simply inconsistent with objective fact. You can see his brain short-circuiting when he’s presented with the receipts.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I haven’t looked at my watch lately, is it MIGRANT CARAVAN PANIC!!!-oclock?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

randylahey wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:09 pm
But they're a credit to the nation, just as long as they stay in Texas or other red states, where they belong. YT, blue state politicians.
“Joe Biden became mentally impaired. But Kamala? She was born that way.” - President Donald J. Trump
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You’re picking the very broadest brown-paint brush you can find here, eh?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:22 pm You’re picking the very broadest brown-paint brush you can find here, eh?
How so?

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... ies-border

Seems like one blue hand washing the other.
“Joe Biden became mentally impaired. But Kamala? She was born that way.” - President Donald J. Trump
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Is it still racist to not want illegals here when it's 2 brown politicians one a R and one a D
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:10 pm I haven’t looked at my watch lately, is it MIGRANT CARAVAN PANIC!!!-oclock?
Yeah but this time the democrats agree. Now that the democratic "sanctuary cities" are the ones being over run with illegals

Anyone that can't see the obvious issues with illegal immigration is lying to themselves
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The issue is no different than ever, and requires asshats in the republican party to help agree on a national policy that doesn't involve human trafficking to other cities and using the poor immigrants as performative props. Now go back to your mom's basement
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:49 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:10 pm I haven’t looked at my watch lately, is it MIGRANT CARAVAN PANIC!!!-oclock?
Yeah but this time the democrats agree. Now that the democratic "sanctuary cities" are the ones being over run with illegals

Anyone that can't see the obvious issues with illegal immigration is lying to themselves
One of the few times I agree with you and will tell fish and sparko I feel they are minimizing the situation.
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:37 pm

One of the few times I agree with you and will tell fish and sparko I feel they are minimizing the situation.
Of course, this sentiment from someone who lives in a downtown Chicago high rise is precisely the fatigue that Abbott and DeSantis and others intend to produce by their trafficking stunts.

Which isn’t to say we don’t need a better way - of course we do.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:44 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:37 pm

Of course, this sentiment from someone who lives in a downtown Chicago high rise is precisely the fatigue that Abbott and DeSantis and others intend to produce by their trafficking stunts.

Which isn’t to say we don’t need a better way - of course we do.
+1 Abbot and DeSantis. No doubt complete assholes but successful assholes in that regard.

I walked by a migrant shelter this evening. In my neighborhood. In the "heart" of the city.
I personally don't have a problem with the migrants. PLENTY of people do and some for what I feel are very valid reasons.
My problem is that our Mayor's solution to the lack of housing for the Migrants (to the point of many "living" in police stations and "on the street") is to build "base camps" and "tent cities". I assume they would be decent but come on, that's a solution?
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

The people who bitch the loudest about immigration are the same people who are losing their shit because service isn’t as good….or as fast as it used to be
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

In a fairy tale reality we have plenty of space and resources for all the illegal immigrants to come here and share in the wealth. But. Unfortunately that isn't how the real world works.

There is a reason illegal immigrants fled their home countries. A lot of it has to do with overcrowding or food scarcity (and war)

The shitty thing is, when you import illegal immigrants, their problems can come with them. And their problems eventually become your problems
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Like the abortion issue, republicans have no interest in actually doing anything to help ameliorate the problem, not only because it would deprive them of the opportunity to excite their largely xenophobic base, but because their rich benefactors would have to pay immigrants higher wages as a result, cutting into their profits.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:38 pm Like the abortion issue, republicans have no interest in actually doing anything to help ameliorate the problem, not only because it would deprive them of the opportunity to excite their largely xenophobic base, but because their rich benefactors would have to pay immigrants higher wages as a result, cutting into their profits.
That’s because it is not our responsibility to ameliorate the problems of other countries. It is our responsibility to make things better for us. Trump understood that, which is why he won the last two elections and is leading again. If more palatable candidates would clue in to that reality, Trump would go away.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

I'd like your takes better if they weren't sprinkled with completely false bullshit that only rubes believe.

Courts heard the election fraud evidence. They were all rejected, first due to lack of evidence, then lack of standing (because higher courts have no standing in these cases).

What state do you think he won that was counted for Biden? What was done to cheat him out of it?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:06 pm
Shirley wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:38 pm Like the abortion issue, republicans have no interest in actually doing anything to help ameliorate the problem, not only because it would deprive them of the opportunity to excite their largely xenophobic base, but because their rich benefactors would have to pay immigrants higher wages as a result, cutting into their profits.
That’s because it is not our responsibility to ameliorate the problems of other countries. It is our responsibility to make things better for us. Trump understood that, which is why he won the last two elections and is leading again. If more palatable candidates would clue in to that reality, Trump would go away.
You know it's an extremely valid argument that Hillary "won the election" in 2016 more than Trump "won the election" in 2020. Right?

Back to Ramalamadingdong and what Fish posted 2 days ago........

An often used strategy for people who are feeling uncomfortable when being accused of something they are guilty of (and feel shame about) is to talk over the accuser so they can drown out the words of the accuser in their head. That and divert the accusation and bring up something else that is not a direct response to the question/s - accusation/s - of the accuser. Especially when the accusee (is that a word?) feels superior to the accuser.

P.S. I laugh when Vivek says "you don't have to be an expert on this but if you are going to spout out you better know something about it. People pay at a hedge fund the bonuses at the end of the year and on December 31st that's when I was paid". UMmmmmm. First off, I am not convinced he was paid the bonus on December 31st. Regardless, he's 100% wrong in many cases. I know I and many other people DON'T get paid bonus/es at the end of the year. I (and many other people) get paid AFTER the end of the year.

Here is just one of many examples of the Vivekster.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

mjl2 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:33 pm I'd like your takes better if they weren't sprinkled with completely false bullshit that only rubes believe.

Courts heard the election fraud evidence. They were all rejected, first due to lack of evidence, then lack of standing (because higher courts have no standing in these cases).

What state do you think he won that was counted for Biden? What was done to cheat him out of it?
You’ll get some shadowy response about election interference - Covid measures and George Floyd protests and so on being a big psyop.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor