Chiefs 2023

Kansas Football.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:58 am Yes, Toney has no excuse to not catch those passes.

2nd one was just a bad cross from the both of them but just has to do with timing.
Mahomes made a not ideal throw on that one - but if it hits both your hands, and you are a pro, that's a catch you should make.
The 3rd was not a shitty pass. LOLzBoat.
What I saw and still see on the 3rd one is that Toney was moving towards the sideline and Mahomes threw it towards the open field. Toney got turned around. Watch the 2nd replay in slow motion.
Maybe it wasn't a shitty pass by Mahomes and Toney ran a bad route?
I guess I'm overthinking it.
Regardless, I agree he still should have caught the ball.

Moving on. I don't think anyone should fault Hunt and Veach (and Reid?) for thinking the Chiefs offense would be ok (especially with Kelce playing) but if we are going to make an assessment one game in, I think there is SOME need for justifiable concern.
Do they try and make a move? Do they get Julio Jones and/or T.Y. Hilton's agents on the phone?
What if anything do/can they do?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It wasn't a typical dime by Mahomes ( because we expect perfection ) but it was placed right in the cushion of where Toney had plenty of time and space to make a play.

It was a good throw by most every QB in the NFL.
Maybe it was only an average one from Mahomes.
Regardless:

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Chiefs went to the bargain bin to stay competitive, but can't be dominant that way. I really liked Smith-Marsette and they flat-out gave him away so Toney could come back too soon. It was a terrible decision. I think some of it was the Chiefs trying to prove they could keep Toney on the active roster. The guy is injury prone and a goof. An NFL receiver with both hands on the ball in space makes catches.

The really bad part of last night is that we are going to be subjected to a full-season Detroit as Duke fest by the media. We had isolation shots on families, diaries, linemen, and weird-assed Lions fans. It was like a road game. I want this scripted feel of the NFL to end yesterday.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Toney deleted his Twitter account today. Apparently, he felt like he was getting too much negativity from Chiefs fans. Wish I felt bad for him.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:37 am
hoopla wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:34 am
Shouldn’t you be a bears fan?
I am a Bears fan and I am also a Chiefs fan (wore my Super Bowl "locker room" hat yesterday).
Last night was brutal in that regard.
may not have come across, but i was just having a little fun with ya, Gutter. thanks for not taking offense.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

hoopla wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:38 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:37 am
hoopla wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:34 am
Shouldn’t you be a bears fan?
I am a Bears fan and I am also a Chiefs fan (wore my Super Bowl "locker room" hat yesterday).
Last night was brutal in that regard.
may not have come across, but i was just having a little fun with ya, Gutter. thanks for not taking offense.
No offense taken. I should be a Bears fan.
I am NOT a fan of another Blue and Orange team that plays in the state of Illinois.
I am enjoying watching them lose right now.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:45 am It wasn't a typical dime by Mahomes ( because we expect perfection ) but it was placed right in the cushion of where Toney had plenty of time and space to make a play.

It was a good throw by most every QB in the NFL.
Maybe it was only an average one from Mahomes.
Regardless:

every NFL caliber receiver makes that catch. You have to make that catch. Its a damn near cuttable offense to not make that catch.

cheetah turns that into a TD. Kelce probably turns that catch into a TD or near.
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

He should have gone back to his locker and found notice of termination tacked to his chair. Inexcusable.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:18 pm He should have gone back to his locker and found notice of termination tacked to his chair. Inexcusable.
A lot of hate for/towards Toney because of one game.
I understand the anger/frustration it but do you throw away your appreciation for all the other games he did things in because of it?

Kad Tone appreciation video...... ;)

JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:10 am
JKLivin wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:18 pm He should have gone back to his locker and found notice of termination tacked to his chair. Inexcusable.
I understand the anger/frustration it but do you throw away your appreciation for all the other games he did things in because of it?

I’m a little salty right now because I’m hearing about it from all of my Michigan in-laws and co-workers. It will pass.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:22 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:10 am

I’m a little salty right now because I’m hearing about it from all of my Michigan in-laws and co-workers. It will pass.
I'd tell them congrats on the W but it really don't mean a thaaaang if you ain't gotta raaaaang.

dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

If it’s at all possible I say show Jones the door. I’m not familiar with all the ins and outs of trading players but I do know when it’s time to fish or cut bait. Time for his arrogance to end.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

dolomite wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:16 pm If it’s at all possible I say show Jones the door. I’m not familiar with all the ins and outs of trading players but I do know when it’s time to fish or cut bait. Time for his arrogance to end.
It does take a certain kind of arrogance to sit in the stadium and watch your team lose because you refuse to play. Not a good look.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If he’s already sat out a game and both sides aren’t talking, it really looks as the only path is for us to trade him this season or tag him and trade him the next.

Join Tyreek in the group of guys I cheer against.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:27 pm
dolomite wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:16 pm If it’s at all possible I say show Jones the door. I’m not familiar with all the ins and outs of trading players but I do know when it’s time to fish or cut bait. Time for his arrogance to end.
It does take a certain kind of arrogance to sit in the stadium and watch your team lose because you refuse to play. Not a good look.
Worse look NOT to be in the stadium and have it come off as you don't care about your team and your teammates?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Holding out is a bad look period
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:07 am
JKLivin wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:27 pm
Worse look NOT to be in the stadium and have it come off as you don't care about your team and your teammates?
If he cared about anybody other than himself, he would have been on the field, and the Chiefs would be 1-0.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

1 year contract for Jones!
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kind of good. But weird to go only one
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It’s not an extension.
He’s probably just trying to find a way to make his money back from holding out.

I really hope we can figure out a way to tag and trade him.