yea.

and the silence speaks volumes.

but you do you too, boo.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Israel/Palestine

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:27 pm
Yes, the Hamas terrorist attack is just that, a terrorist attack...
Sure.

And Kristallnacht was just a buncha broken windows.

More Jews dead last Saturday than on Kristallnacht, for the record, but just that, a terrorist attack.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:40 pm yea.

and the silence speaks volumes.

but you do you too, boo.
Hello, dipshit, my old friend...

I mean...my "silence" creates the "sound" of being "butt-chug drunk off war machine propaganda right now..."?

How's that work exactly?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:54 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:43 pm Jesus fucking Christ!

Fish, you're a bigger person than this. Please, be a bigger person than this!

you LITERALLY just quoted "I don't mean to condone a thing about Hamas" and tried to spin it into "very fine people on both sides." That, like you're doubling down once again on the pro-Putin bullshit, is just more shameless gaslighting. That's it! It's hard to take YOU seriously here.

now let me once again condemn Putin, and condemn Hamas for you too.

and, again, PLEASE be bigger than this.
This is my point exactly.

The moral right/wrong of the situation is significantly more complicated in Israel/Hamas than in Ukraine/Russia. In my opinion, you could copy/paste "FUCK PUTIN" one thousand times, ten thousand times, and it will continue to mean nothing so long as you continue to parrot silly Putin talking points that serve to let him and Russia off the hook for what simply IS a unilateral war of aggression.

So - like I said - it would be a LOT better if you simply stopped comparing these situations. There is limited value to ANY comparisons between the situations, and in your case all you're doing is bringing all of your Ukraine baggage back to the front.
if you really wanna continue beating the dead horse of Russia/Ukraine, you know I'm willing, but perhaps we should at least take it to the other thread if we must.

let's try to stay on topic here in the meantime:

Yes, the Hamas terrorist attack is just that, a terrorist attack, and should be condemned, and met with a response.

so what do you think is an appropriate response, particularly by Israel? Is the current response by Israel here appropriate?

(since you kinda dodged that question yesterday...)
I didn't dodge it at all yesterday. I pointed out that there are several more specific iterations of the question, and those iterations don't have the same answer.

Very broadly speaking, the degree to which I personally care about what Israel does here greatly depends on Israel's desire for our approval/assistance/participation. Again, very broadly speaking, the less is asked of us, the less control we should expect or want.

It's a spectrum, in other words.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:43 pm
Sure.

More Jews dead last Saturday than on Kristallnacht, for the record, but just that, a terrorist attack.
not sure where you're going with this.

fwiw this may be an example of what sounds like drunk talk.

and since I'm left with more questions than answers by fish's meandering "spectrum" response, lemme try with you:

what's an appropriate response here, particularly by Israel? Is the current response appropriate?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

With every one of your posts, I'm more and more embarrassed of my degree from KU.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:56 pm
what's an appropriate response here, particularly by Israel? Is the current response appropriate?
The de-Hamasification of Gaza sounds reasonable, I think.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:57 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:43 pm Jesus fucking Christ!

Fish, you're a bigger person than this. Please, be a bigger person than this!

you LITERALLY just quoted "I don't mean to condone a thing about Hamas" and tried to spin it into "very fine people on both sides." That, like you're doubling down once again on the pro-Putin bullshit, is just more shameless gaslighting. That's it! It's hard to take YOU seriously here.

now let me once again condemn Putin, and condemn Hamas for you too.

and, again, PLEASE be bigger than this.
Some people just aren't going to allow any questions be asked of the behavior of Israel in respect to this conflict at this time. Just recognize it and steer clear if you don't want to keep getting lit up.
What should Israel do?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:59 pm
The de-Hamasification of Gaza sounds reasonable, I think.
ok, sure.

so then, where is that line drawn between Israel de-Hamasifying Gaza, and Israel just bombing Gaza completely off the map?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This is real life and real life, unfortunately, means war, because things aren't fair and people hold strong hatred towards each other when things aren't.

So unfortunately this means Israel should retaliate and kill people.
We don't live in a world where you hold hands with someone after they punched you in the face, sorry Jesdahl.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh, and speaking of Hamas...

and of qrazy...

“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas. This is part of our strategy — to isolate the Palestinians in Gaza from the Palestinians in the West Bank.”

- Benjamin Netanyahu

https://www.vox.com/23910085/netanyahu- ... ar-history

and, I know I know, maybe it's fake news. So Vox added this:
These exact comments have not yet been confirmed by other sources. But the Times of Israel’s Tal Schneider wrote on Sunday that Netanyahu’s reported words “are in line with the policy that he implemented,” which did little to challenge and in some ways bolstered Hamas’s control over the Gaza Strip. Moreover, Schneider notes, “the same messaging was repeated by right-wing commentators, who may have received briefings on the matter or talked to Likud higher-ups and understood the message.” Some Netanyahu confidants have said the same thing, as have outside experts.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:10 pm This is real life and real life, unfortunately, means war, because things aren't fair and people hold strong hatred towards each other when things aren't.

We don't live in a world where you hold hands with someone after they punched you in the face, sorry Jesdahl.
well, if someone punches you in the face, sure it's maybe not an appropriate response to hold hands with them after.

but what IS?

Are you allowed to punch their face back?

Are you allowed punch their face back and also to bomb them and their entire community of 2 million (mostly children), already enclosed by fences and guards, bomb civilian residences, bomb houses of worship, bomb hospitals, cut off their food water energy, command them to evacuate even tho they really have nowhere to go, attack them along the few travel route options they have to evacuate, bomb the exit points that are closed anyway, bomb 3 other neighboring countries cuz fuck you why not, with no end in sight, and bombs paid for by you and me?
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

pdub wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:10 pm This is real life and real life, unfortunately, means war, because things aren't fair and people hold strong hatred towards each other when things aren't.

No kidding.

Proportionally this is the equivalent of 40,000 Americans getting killed, 120,000 wounded.

No nation would expect us to do nothing.

And imagine using that situation to immediately bring up everything bad America has ever done.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:16 pm

Yea, you are.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:24 pm

Yea, you are.
what about all that other stuff you conveniently omitted form the post but is kind of actually happening in real time but no one seems to care?

(besides they/them, of course)
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:43 pm
Sure.

not sure where you're going with this.

fwiw this may be an example of what sounds like drunk talk.

and since I'm left with more questions than answers by fish's meandering "spectrum" response, lemme try with you:

There's nothing meandering about my response.

My personal feelings about what is and is not appropriate for Israel to do are very sensitive to the degree of US approval/assistance/participation that would be sought.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

this is a war, i think. so i have no issue with them doing whatever is necessary to win the war.

that is what you do in war. you try to win.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

pdub wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:24 pm

Yea, you are.
What about when the guy sucker punches you and then runs and hides behind his friends. You aim for him, but you know you're going to hit some of them too.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mel gibson