Israel/Palestine

Ugh.
mjl2
Contributor

Re: Israel/Palestine

Post by mjl2 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:11 am
mjl2 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:32 am Some people need to get educated on what JVP is.
https://adl.org/resources/background/jewish-voice-peace

i’d be curious about your take on their take (the ADL’s)…at least on the opening section
I get page not found there - I found another page the ADL has about them - were you referring to this?

"Jewish Voice for Peace is a radical anti-Israel activist group that advocates for a complete economic, cultural and academic boycott of the state of Israel. JVP rejects the view that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is a tragic dispute over land which has been perpetuated by a cycle of violence, fear, and distrust on both sides, in favor of the belief that Israeli policies and actions are motivated by deeply rooted Jewish racial chauvinism and religious supremacism."
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

So, yeah, if it's this, then I think their assessment is spot on.

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgroun ... oice-peace
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

mjl2 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:49 am So, yeah, if it's this, then I think their assessment is spot on.

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgroun ... oice-peace
yeah, that’s the one

(that’s what i get for trying to transcribe a link from my computer to my phone)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Chickens for KFC.
They're a very vocal, very tiny minority of American Jews.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Trump Plots to Pull Out of NATO — If He Doesn’t Get His Way

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234860016/
Donald Trump wanted to pull the United States out of NATO during his first term, but was repeatedly talked out of it by senior administration officials. For a possible second term in the White House, the 2024 Republican presidential frontrunner is already discussing how he could actually get it done, if his demands aren’t met by NATO. He and his policy-wonk allies are also gaming out how he could dramatically wind down American involvement to merely a “standby” position in NATO, in Trump’s own words.

When the former president has privately discussed the United States’ role in the transatlantic military alliance this year, Trump has made clear that he doesn’t want the upper ranks of a second administration to be staffed by “NATO lovers,” according to two sources who’ve heard him make such comments. The ex-president has made these kinds of jabs at the longstanding alliance during conversations related to the ongoing Russian war in Ukraine.

Trump, the sources say, has continued to express an openness to pulling the U.S. out of NATO altogether. However, Trump has suggested that this could be averted if the alliance — which Trump once famously called “obsolete” — gives in to his newest demands. This would include his desires for non-American members to further and steeply increase their defense spending, and for a reevaluation of the bedrock principle that an attack on one member is tantamount to an attack on all.

[...]

But this time around, an array of nationalist allies and pro-Trump policy wonks have been eager to offer the ex-president frameworks for how to MAGA-fy the U.S. approach to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. One possibility that has piqued Trump’s interest in recent months is what the former president has privately branded, “NATO on standby,” according to sources familiar with his private musings. One source close to Trump describes the idea as having the potential to “blast a hole straight through NATO.”
Riddle me this:

1 - Who would stand to benefit the most from the US withdrawing from NATO?

2 - What would need to happen in order for the answer to Question 1 to get what they want (in, at least, the near-to-medium term)?

3 - How might you expect the answer to Question 1 to go about turning the answer to Question 2 into reality?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

what does nato stand for anyways. i think it stands for:

teet suppling $#!tholes that ride our coattails and hide behind the United States while we do all the heavy lifting

or i could be wrong.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

stfu, dipshit
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:06 pm what does nato stand for anyways. i think it stands for:

teet suppling $#!tholes that ride our coattails and hide behind the United States while we do all the heavy lifting

or i could be wrong.
Valuable insight, as always
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Two more hostages released.

So benevolent.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:36 pm Two more hostages released.

So benevolent.
hamas says the “enemy” refused to receive them last Friday

hmmm…
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

This is Skokie. MJL & Gutter, stay safe.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1716560653698122169
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:16 pm This is Skokie. MJL & Gutter, stay safe.

A LOT of unconfirmed claims and of course they are heavily biased based on who is making the claims.
Skokie Police did arrest a "Pro Israel" guy but not clear if he was the guy who fired the gun "in the air" and/or pepper sprayed multiple people including Police Officers. People claim he did it in self defense. Initially is was reported he was the instigator. Go figure. My guess is there were people on both sides who behaved shamefully.

Right now my biggest concern living in the area I live, is that I am going to be a crime victim in the very near future.
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mosab Hassan Yousef, the son of Hamas' founder who later became one of Israel's top informants, speaks with CNN's Jake Tapper about Israel's war on the terror group and the situation in Gaza.

Hear from Hamas founding leader's son, who became a spy for Israel
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:16 pm This is Skokie. MJL & Gutter, stay safe.

I always take videos that start in middle of a fight with a grain of salt, but I do appreciate your sentiment.

My sister-in-law told my wife not to hang an Israeli flag outside our house because it wouldn't be safe. I told her to tell her sister to fuck off (thankfully she didn't because that's not nice). Did it anyway, now have large Israeli and American flags hanging proudly.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

mjl - My guess is you are considerably safe hanging an Israeli flag in your neighborhood.
I have a strong feeling I wouldn't be too safe if I wore my IDF t-shirt to a "march/protest" near my neighborhood.

Something tells me we are going to see a lot more of these types of videos in the near future.

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/status ... 3548451288
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

in both of the videos posted, where the fuck is law enforcement?

you can see an officer come in at the end of the vid DC posted, seemingly doing very little to stop the beating, but why aren’t more officers on site given the potential volatility?

smfh
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

So benevolent.
Aren't they lovely people? The world should watch this video.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2023/1 ... kg-vpx.cnn
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:57 am

So benevolent.
Aren't they lovely people? The world should watch this video.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2023/1 ... kg-vpx.cnn
heavy, for sure

gives me new respect for AC, too
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i don't know what benelovent means. but if it means "phucqueing savages," than yes, they are so benelovent.