Charges

Ugh.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Charges

Post by Overlander »

To the idiots that idolize him, he actually seems brilliant.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:38 pm To the idiots that idolize him, he actually seems brilliant.
I'm so naive. I remember 8, 9, years ago when the republican presidential primary process for 2016 was just beginning. Long before "grab 'em by the pussy", Stormy Daniels, etc., and it came out that Trump had a history of screwing small contractors out of the $ he owed them for work they'd done. I didn't stop and think about it, there and then I took for granted that his candidacy was over. Because low-income Americans would relate to the contractors and never vote for a rich "elitist" who would be so dishonest. My bad.

Maybe if I hired a Life Coach, I'd do better?
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The Lincoln Project has thoughts:

How it started vs. how it's going for Jenna Ellis

Sure, Jenna

In contradistinction to what Jenna said in court today, Joy Reid says that Jenna already acknowledged that she knew she was lying, during the proceedings to revoke her license to practice law.
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Marc Meadow's lawyer says ABC's story reporting Meadows has an immunity agreement is "largely inaccurate"?
Derek Cressman
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:34 pm Marc Meadow's lawyer says ABC's story reporting Meadows has an immunity agreement is "largely inaccurate"?
Mark Meadows is largely inaccurate.
Broham
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It’s also the case that all of these lawyers flipping will result in Trump…ceasing to listen to his lawyers altogether. That is sub-optimal for his chances at NOT dying in federal prison.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

That rat bastard sounds more unhinged every day. Something bad is going to happen and the Randy's will chear it on.
Broham
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

he compared himself to Mandela
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Judge Arthur Engoron fined former President Trump after questioning him about remarks made outside of the courtroom in violation of a previous order not to discuss court staff.

Trump takes stand in fraud trial, fined $10K for violating gag order
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:14 pm Judge Arthur Engoron fined former President Trump after questioning him about remarks made outside of the courtroom in violation of a previous order not to discuss court staff.

Trump takes stand in fraud trial, fined $10K for violating gag order
Much worse for The Defendant, he got on the stand and, in the judge's judgment, lied to the fucking judge about what he said.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Needs a couple days at the greybar hotel
Broham
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:21 pm Needs a couple days at the greybar hotel
I feel like that's what he's begging for - especially because when push comes to shove, The Defendant would probably prevail, in this very limited instance, in a federal court challenge to the judge's order.

Don't give him what he wants. But maybe start making him post collateral for future fines, or restrict him from leaving the state without court permission, or restrict him from making social posts about any aspect of the case whatsoever.

Who knows. Point is, there's lots this judge can do without giving Trump a victory (or even potential martyrdom).
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I assume the donation stream is picking up pace, no way Trump can afford these fines without Randy's help.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Donald Trump Storms Out of Trial with Secret Service 'Chasing' Behind, Prompting Courtroom Gasps: Report

:lol:

(People headline)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

This is a civil proceeding, not criminal.

How ironic would it be if Trump were to end up going to jail for behavior in a trial that, unlike Mar a Lago, Fulton County, or the Jack Smith DC case, poses no risk of jail time?
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:51 pm This is a civil proceeding, not criminal.

How ironic would it be if Trump were to end up going to jail for behavior in a trial that, unlike Mar a Lago, Fulton County, or the Jack Smith DC case, poses no risk of jail time?
It's certainly the right case for an over-the-bullshit judge to take Trump out for a bit of a walk. No issues of executive privilege, no first amendment issues, not even really any guilt/innocence issues.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

So, Trumps lawyers are painting a picture of Cohen being a known liar….and then he admits to lying?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

I’ve never experienced so many exploding heads around here with the Trump trials and the new House Speaker.😀
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Nihilism can cause tingles. Gerrymandered minority rule of morons.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:33 pm So, Trumps lawyers are painting a picture of Cohen being a known liar….and then he admits to lying?
Yesterday was the day for Trump's lawyers to destroy Cohen's credibility as a witness against Trump. Apparently Habba did a great job the day before when she initially started the cross examination, but not as well yesterday. But any chance of Cohen's unreliability capturing the news cycle was blown away by Trump's comments during one of the breaks, and the subsequent being forced to take the stand and the judge ultimately not buying his story and fining him.

Cohen has a story about his lying you might have heard, but his unabashed owning up to it now is at least somewhat disarming, to non-cultists...

Also, I've heard more than once that Habba changes outfits 2 to 3 times a day when they're in court...
Derek Cressman