Israel/Palestine

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Israel/Palestine

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:30 pm My point is the way to have avoided October 7 2023 was accommodation long before. There were moments of hope years ago. Bibi closed the door on much of it. Conservatives need enemies to animate their base and stay in power.
^^^
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Sparko wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:30 pm My point is the way to have avoided October 7 2023 was accommodation long before. There were moments of hope years ago. Arafat closed the door on much of it. Sparky is insane.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

there is a qray sort of hot take out there that Israel helped to create Hamas.

Israel wanted to destabilize the Palestinian community and the left-leaning Arafat leadership, so they helped to establish the religious-right Hamas.

if you REALLY wanna get qray, the whole idea of October 7 being likely preventable, and Bibi was even forewarned, but maybe neglected to take it seriously so he could use a Hamas attack as pretext for an ethnic cleansing.

now, remember, I'm the qray one, no matter what...but at least I'm not posting videos like "brown-skinned dood ripping Judaism apart." That would just be way too qray qray like for realz!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sparko wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:15 am It has been a tough lifetime for most Palestinians. This might have been a moot question had Rabin lived. Not bibi fan.
I heard one observation that this is the fourth war every Palestinian kid aged 14+ has endured so far in their lifetime.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Sparko wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:30 pm My point is the way to have avoided October 7 2023 was accommodation long before. There were moments of hope years ago. Bibi closed the door on much of it. Conservatives need enemies to animate their base and stay in power.
Oh really?

What happened when Israel left the Gaza strip unilaterally? Did rocket fire on civilians increase or decrease?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

mjl2 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:47 pm
Oh really?

What happened when Israel left the Gaza strip unilaterally? Did rocket fire on civilians increase or decrease?
Rocket fire -- like the four wars Q cites -- just materializes out of thin air. It all just...sorta...happens.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:04 pm
Oh really?

Rocket fire -- like the four wars Q cites -- just materializes out of thin air. It all just...sorta...happens.
Yeah, I kind of wonder at what point/S after 2005, having 10,000+ rockets and mortars fired at CIVILIANS with the intent to injure and kill THEM, do people feel Israel should have had the right to say enough is enough and do something about it?
Then of course October 7th came along.

I am going to estimate and believe 95% of people pissed off at Israel right now don't take 1 second to consider what the Israelis have endured - nor do/will they condemn Hamas for it.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:04 pm
Oh really?

oh come on bro, it's not like this is the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

You have to understand the settlement issue to see that Bibi's policies were toxic too. Terrorism is a bad thing. So is lack of hope. There were means to mitigate this. That died in the animus to all things Clinton in the early W administration. We have unconditionally supported Israel and will continue. But it has not gotten us near the peace we should covet.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:08 pm
Sparko wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:30 pm My point is the way to have avoided October 7 2023 was accommodation long before. There were moments of hope years ago. Arafat closed the door on much of it. Sparky is insane.
This is hilarious. Literally a conservative demonizing me to animate the base. QED
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:15 am
This is hilarious. Literally a conservative demonizing me to animate the base. QED
You know this is a KU message board, right?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

a guy a few miles down the road has a new addition to his glorious, illuminated flag display. He's up to 7 flags now. In order:

1. Betsy Ross 13 star flag
2. Confederate flag
3. Trump 2024 flag
4. Fuck Biden flag
5. Russian flag
6. America 1st flag
7. Palestine flag.

He also has a window sticker in his living room window that says OreGUNian.

I really don't know, so I'll let y’all draw your own conclusions. He seems confused on a number of levels.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

l
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

My thoughts on “hope” below.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Are we keeping score?
Israel 10,000+ killed mercifully

Hamas 1400+ raped then shot, beheaded, dismembered, butchered, and if need be, burned.
Last edited by dolomite on Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

dolomite wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:31 pm Are we keeping score?
Jews 10,000+

Hamas 1400+
I assume you realize the IDF is/are not all Jewish.
That and at least 25% of Israeli citizens/residents are not Jewish.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:49 pm a guy a few miles down the road has a new addition to his glorious, illuminated flag display. He's up to 7 flags now. In order:

2. Confederate flag
3. Trump 2024 flag
4. Fuck Biden flag
5. Russian flag
6. America 1st flag
7. Palestine flag.

I really don't know, so I'll let y’all draw your own conclusions. He seems confused on a number of levels.
How many of those flags can he see at one time? I don't fully know where the eye-holes are cut on his hood.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i thought psych lived in Michigan, not Oregon
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:49 pm a guy a few miles down the road has a new addition to his glorious, illuminated flag display. He's up to 7 flags now. In order:

2. Confederate flag
3. Trump 2024 flag
4. Fuck Biden flag
5. Russian flag
6. America 1st flag
7. Palestine flag.

Let me guess, he has an arsenal?
It's as if someone craves/want's attention and then dares others to give it to him.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

dolomite wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:31 pm Are we keeping score?
Israel 10,000+ killed mercifully

Hamas 1400+ raped then shot, beheaded, dismembered, butchered, and if need be, burned.
Bump
Taylor Sheridan