Chiefs 2023

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by pdub »

JuJu broke 900 yards receiving last season.
I'm not sure if we'll have a receiver break 800 this.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I don't know about you loosers, but there's a Jayhawk game on that I'll be watching
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

One of the best regular season games of the year vs a non con matchup vs an almost D2 team?
I'll be watching Mahomes and co.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I'll likely watch both simultaneously.

But that's just me.
Derek Cressman
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don’t get the U so can’t watch it regardless.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:14 am I don’t get the U so can’t watch it regardless.
Damn, sorry to hear that pdub.

After I posted that I was going to watch both games, it occurred to me to look and see what channel the KU game was on. When I saw it was ESPNU, I was like "oh no!", because I didn't think I got it either, because I didn't used to when I lived in Orlando and had DirecTV.

But, thankfully, it turns out I do.

Kind of finally makes paying several hundred dollars a month for Xfinity worth it.

kind of
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

LOL

I just received an email "news" update from the Wall Street Fucking Journal with the following headline:

"Travis Kelce Opens Up About Taylor Swift and His Life After the NFL"
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:00 pm LOL

I just received an email "news" update from the Wall Street Fucking Journal with the following headline:

The whole thing is fascinating.

Can’t wrap my head around what it’s gotta be like to be Kelce - nine figure wealth, solid (and strengthening) argument as the best player at your position in the history of the country’s most popular sport, second only to Mahomes as the face of what is essentially America’s Team - and your partner is orders of magnitude richer and more famous.

It’s like Scottie Pippen dating Princess Di.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:59 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:00 pm LOL

The whole thing is fascinating.

Can’t wrap my head around what it’s gotta be like to be Kelce - nine figure wealth, solid (and strengthening) argument as the best player at your position in the history of the country’s most popular sport, second only to Mahomes as the face of what is essentially America’s Team - and your partner is orders of magnitude richer and more famous.

It’s like Scottie Pippen dating Princess Di.
Most similar to me is... Rodman hooked up with Madonna.
Beckham may have been more popular than Victoria Spice Girl Adams but she was one of the hottest things on the planet when they first hooked up.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It works the other way because Kelce oozes confidence and isn't intimidated by who she is.
There was a weak campaign just recently that tried to cancel Kelce for his tweets from 2011 when he was at Cincy.
Thankfully that seems to have sputtered out.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think there’s a substantive difference between a member of the Spice Girls, and someone on the Madonna/Swift level of singular fame and recognition; would it really surprise anyone if Swift is presently THE most famous and recognizable person IN THE WORLD?

She’s certainly, with Trump and LeBron and Messi, in the conversation. I am nearly certain there isn’t a more famous woman.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:08 pm It works the other way because Kelce oozes confidence and isn't intimidated by who she is.
There was a weak campaign just recently that tried to cancel Kelce for his tweets from 2011 when he was at Cincy.
Thankfully that seems to have sputtered out.
Right - because Kelce is JUST old enough to have seen guys who came ahead of him be ruined by idiot social media posts.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Kelce makes per season what Swift gets for one show

that’s just stupid
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:06 pm Kelce makes per season what Swift gets for one show

that’s just awesome
Fixed
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

It doesn't matter at all how much more wealthy/influential she is. When it gets pointed out in the opposite direction (it's not usually a wealthy woman dating an uber wealthy man), the woman is described as a gold digger.

When it's two celebrities, and the man makes much more money, I don't think any real consideration, thought, or discussion is given, by most. The one's that do, go back to the gold digger argument.

It really is a double standard based on 'traditional' earning roles for men and women.

I like the whole thing, tbh. It's nice to have a positive story come out of an NFL player's camp for once, even if it's on a mostly superficial level. Mostly, I'm happy it's not another report of a player abusing or raping a woman. Dare I say this story is 'refreshing' in that regard.

Even with this, it's been fascinating to see some of the 'negative' responses that have tried to rip down the positivity of this story. But, that's how we internet, so be it.

Good luck to the Chiefs against the Birds tonight. I went and ate at Slap's for lunch today, forgetting there was a home game tonight. The line was a little extra long.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

If things don't work out for Travis and what's her name, it appears he has options:

T-Swift isn’t the only one who wants Travis Kelce
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:19 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:06 pm Kelce makes per season what Swift gets for one show

that’s just awesome
and that
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:42 pm It doesn't matter at all how much more wealthy/influential she is. When it gets pointed out in the opposite direction (it's not usually a wealthy woman dating an uber wealthy man), the woman is described as a gold digger.

When it's two celebrities, and the man makes much more money, I don't think any real consideration, thought, or discussion is given, by most. The one's that do, go back to the gold digger argument.

It really is a double standard based on 'traditional' earning roles for men and women.

I like the whole thing, tbh. It's nice to have a positive story come out of an NFL player's camp for once, even if it's on a mostly superficial level. Mostly, I'm happy it's not another report of a player abusing or raping a woman. Dare I say this story is 'refreshing' in that regard.

Even with this, it's been fascinating to see some of the 'negative' responses that have tried to rip down the positivity of this story. But, that's how we internet, so be it.

Good luck to the Chiefs against the Birds tonight. I went and ate at Slap's for lunch today, forgetting there was a home game tonight. The line was a little extra long.
I guess I'm not trying to make an argument one way or the other. I'm just observing that it's gotta be somewhat jarring for a person in Kelce's position to all of the sudden be the small fish in the pond.

That said, maybe it's something Kelce is already familiar and comfortable with (in a way that, for example, Tony Gonzalez never was or would have been), since his most important professional relationship is also with someone materially richer and more famous than he is.