Chiefs 2023

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by pdub »

Eh.
I think our defense was shitty more than Dillon being good.
He's not good - he can get a couple extra yards bc of his bulk - but dude is averaging 3.5 ypc.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:46 am
Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:33 am You acted like getting one fifty fifty call negated everything.
Or I just mentioned that they benefitted from one bad call and got screwed by another bad call and you didn't like anything that wasn't an echo of "WE GOT SCREWED and had to set me straight.

You guys keep running people out of the game threads for not commenting how you want them to and it truly will be an echo chamber because it will only be you left in there talking to yourself.
You came into the gamethread with some pretty negative comments. Fan board.

And player safety probably needs more enforcement. The game last night came down to three calls/no calls and a bad turnover. It is a shame because I still think GB finds a way to win against the depleted defense. Refs across the board have been pretty bad in the NFL in end game situations
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:02 am Eh.
I think our defense was shitty more than Dillon being good.
He's not good - he can get a couple extra yards bc of his bulk - but dude is averaging 3.5 ypc.
I think he is a great tough yard guy like Hishaw. But Chiefs must have Bolton back. The depleted LBs did what they could. It was going to take offense to win last night. Too many mistakes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not sure what twocoach expects when sports media, the announcers and analysts, and NFL fans in general are in agreement the referee's choked that game away and we are rightfully pissed about how it changed the ending of the game AND cost us a chance to tie ( and then win in overtime ).
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:13 am Not sure what twocoach expects when sports media, the announcers and analysts, and NFL fans in general are in agreement the referee's choked that game away and we are rightfully pissed about how it changed the ending of the game AND cost us a chance to tie ( and then win in overtime ).
You're beating a dead horse. I always have agreed with you that the play regarding MVS should have been called a penalty. Not sure why you keep trying to convince me of something I have already agreed with you on.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"It was a trash no call that KC was only in position to get thanks to a trash call that went in their favor."

This is where the discrepancy is for me.

This isn't true.
We lost the 15 yards gained from that 50/50 call ( he was in bounds but there was helmet to helmet contact - he didn't fully lead with his shoulder and easily could have just pushed Mahomes out of bounds ) on Pacheco retaliating to having his head shoved into the turf and then choked out AFTER the officials made the incorrect call on the field.

( the play was over when this video starts ) :
https://twitter.com/SleeperNFL/status/1 ... 3455946017

Even if we didn't have those 15 extra yards, it was clear Mahomes could have made that throw from where he was on the field, because he made that throw without those 15 extra yards ( again, see above ).

I’ll also add the hit v Mahomes you could kind of see why that’s roughing the passer—kind of, but probably the wrong call. That’s 15 yards.

The DPI wasn’t close. There’s no debate. It’s the definition of pass interference. And that’s 45 yards.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Whatever. I'll just stay out of the game threads so I don't run the risk of saying something that doesn't align with how you feel a Chiefs/Jayhawks fan should be responding at the time.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:46 am
Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:33 am You acted like getting one fifty fifty call negated everything.
Or I just mentioned that they benefitted from one bad call and got screwed by another bad call and you didn't like anything that wasn't an echo of "WE GOT SCREWED and had to set me straight.

You guys keep running people out of the game threads for not commenting how you want them to and it truly will be an echo chamber because it will only be you left in there talking to yourself.
^^^

There was no question we got screwed last night by poor officiating. The no-calls on the two pass interferences by GB deep in their territory were not only grossly wrong, but they likely changed the outcome of the game.

I too would not have called unnecessary roughness on GB on the hit on Mahomes. If Mahomes doesn't want to get hit, let him run out of bounds earlier. He didn't run out earlier because he wanted to get a first down, and he got hit by a GB player while he was still in bounds, because the GB player didn't want him to...

There'a also no ? there are times when we benefit from bad or no calls. And generally speaking, whining about it every game is beneath us, both as Chiefs and as KU fans.

That's not to say that I don't expect us not to be homers, and that we'll definitely see things from our pov, just like fans of all other teams will. But this idea that the refs, or the NFL deep state, or whatever or whoever, have it in for the Chiefs and are conspiring to hold them back to some extent in every game, because...(Who knows why and without any evidence?), is bizarre.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea, no conspiracy, just a shitty job from the refs that favored Green Bay.

They ( refs ) basically pulled the equivalent of MVS dropping the game winner v Philly a couple weeks ago.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

As far as Pacheco getting raped, we all know that much more often than not, it's the person who retaliates who gets caught. Fair? No. Likely to happen? Yes.

For reference, re Watergate, everyone knows that it wasn't the break-in that got Nixon in serious trouble, it was the attempted coverup.

Not un-similar to Trump taking the classified documents. If he'd handed them back when asked, it likely would have been a yawner like Pence and Biden having possession of same. But, it was the coverup, the obstruction of justice that followed that's going to be his downfall...we can hope.

Or, something.
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I have changed my mind on roughing. While there is the occasional weird call like on Chris Jones last year, the game is getting out of hand again. Teams are injuring players at an alarming rate. Call even the coin flip plays. Green Bay was in a must-win situation and really went Oakland Raiders 1968. TTU was in a similar position when they trashed Bean and Grimm.

We have lived to see a superbowl winning franchise in five consecutive championship games. Nobody feels sorry us when the calls are bad. And that is pretty nice really. Pitchforks and torches this year.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:01 am Whatever. I'll just stay out of the game threads so I don't run the risk of saying something that doesn't align with how you feel a Chiefs/Jayhawks fan should be responding at the time.
It's called message bored banter.
People disagree.
You said this, "Have fun whining about the refs like losers do", which led me to say you were "kinda annoying". Not even full annoying!
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

It is banter, but he's not totally wrong PDub. You may have a softish tone right now in the moment, but people who disagree with the tinted glasses are often singled out as haters here. But whatever, y'all fan like you fan!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:18 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:01 am Whatever. I'll just stay out of the game threads so I don't run the risk of saying something that doesn't align with how you feel a Chiefs/Jayhawks fan should be responding at the time.
It's called message bored banter.
People disagree.
You said this, "Have fun whining about the refs like losers do", which led me to say you were "kinda annoying". Not even full annoying!
This is what, your 12th post triggered off of a one line post that was not in response to your post that I posted while frustrated at a dogshit performance by a team I cheer for? It's just called getting carried away and is getting weird. When you brow beat people any time they make a statement that doesn't fully align with how you feel a conversation should be going, all it does is make people not want to participate here.

Hopefully you find someone who enjoys your type of "banter". Good luck.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You're responding to our responses.
You didn’t like the things posters posted so you posted something. Posters didn’t like those posts so we posted something.
It's called a message bored.
If 'no dude no' and 'you're kinda annoying' ( after you called us losers ) is too much heat for you, then I guess get out of the kitchen?

Also, not every post about the officials last night I made in here is in response to you.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Sometimes there is a subtext and life issues goading folks to lash out. So I don't take anything personally here. These are entertainments performed by athletes. All championships do is make more necessary. I am testy with the "calls don't matter crowd" because it is not a logical argument. But that is just my Gutter like opinion.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

There is a giant chasm between the 'calls don't matter crowd' and the 'every play there is a penalty against the other team or the penalty on my team is bullshit crowd'.

Giant.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Then there is the virtue signalling crowd.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

No virtue signalling from me. I'll be more blunt. I think people that call out the refs as often as you do are cunts in that regard (UK definition). It grows tiresome real real fast. But whatever, it's what you seem to know, so you do you.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

"How 'Bout Those Chiefs", feels our pain.

What are your thoughts on this game vs the Packers and how bad was the officiating at the end of the game in your opinion?

Chiefs lose to Packers but the refs take a BIGGER L
Derek Cressman