Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:10 pm I dunno if “promising” is the word I’d use for headlines like “escalation” and “mediation failed”
It was either that or "fun."
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Reporter: “Are the air strikes in Yemen working?”

Biden: “Well, when you say, ‘working,’ are they stopping the Houthis? No. Are they gonna continue? Yes.”

That’s quite the summary of Merican foreign policy.

https://youtu.be/uw68l-bSpwo?si=l00uhiqyqiRv62Up

Also, Arab-American votes, lol
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

why do you stay in this money hungry, morally bankrupt, war mongering nation? you'd be so much happier elsewhere. somewhere that doesn't start conflicts and cause other people's unnecessary deaths, somewhere that shares resources with each other the way they government sees is best fit. like...russia?
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i was thinking Venezuela
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

we could/should convert yemen into a parking/sand lot just for the fun of it.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m guessing mich has zero clue what Yemen looks like
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i know chandler had to fly to yemen to get away from janice.

that's more than you know about yemen.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:41 am why do you stay in this money hungry, morally bankrupt, war mongering nation? you'd be so much happier elsewhere. somewhere that doesn't start conflicts and cause other people's unnecessary deaths, somewhere that shares resources with each other the way they government sees is best fit. like...russia?
Yea, I been thinking about it more and more.

But not Russia. They’re not progressive enough (Putin you homophobe!), and still not only just another bunch of militant assholes with imperial/colonial ambitions, but also with a heaping dose of little brother syndrome. They’re like the purple kitties of world powers.

I do keep thinking about Latin America, actually. I can already speak a little Spanish. (Thanks, JoCo public schools!)

And for the record, this has nothing to do with the Puertorriqueña from the tinder thread.
Last edited by ousdahl on Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If there’s a reason to stay in this “money hungry, morally bankrupt, war mongering nation,” it’s the desire to be some agent of progressive change. Let’s make this place less obsessed with money, and more moral, and not such a bunch of warmongers.

Buuut considering how well those attempts have gone at least on the boreds here, yea I should prob just bail.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

expat.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea.

Heaven forbid, an American actually has a conscience.

I connected with another expat who recently moved to Costa Rica.

Thought we were actually vibing, but it turns out she was mostly just trying to get me to sign up for her Only Fans.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:45 am ..... it’s the desire to be some agent of progressive change.
There are 20, maybe 30, people on this messageboard. This ISN'T the place to do whatever you "think" you're "doing". I am confident there are better ways for you to spend your time if your statement above is true.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:45 am If there’s a reason to stay in this “money hungry, morally bankrupt, war mongering nation,” it’s the desire to be some agent of progressive change.
LOL
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

WiNnInG!

A senior official of the Iranian-backed Houthi terrorist group says Chinese and Russian vessels will have safe passage through the Red Sea.

Mohammed al-Bukhaiti, a member of the Houthi political leadership, said in an interview with the Russian outlet Izvestia that the shipping lanes around Yemen are safe to ships from China and Russia as long as vessels are not connected with Israel, Agence France-Presse reported Friday, citing Izvestia.

https://www.voanews.com/a/houthis-won-t ... 46893.html
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:08 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:45 am ..... it’s the desire to be some agent of progressive change.
There are 20, maybe 30, people on this messageboard. This ISN'T the place to do whatever you "think" you're "doing". I am confident there are better ways for you to spend your time if your statement above is true.
yea he ain't actually gonna do shit he's just a keyboard warrior.

hes not going to be agent of change...and he's not going to leave and go anywhere else....

for 1. he knows that we collectively have it pretty well compared to a lot of places in the world.

and 2. Both of things require way way to much work and and sacrifice then anything I've seen here suggest he's willing or capable of committing to achieve.

BUT, when he's getting hammered at the crooked creek he can feel good about his efforts and standing by his morals on his terrific posts here so there is that...
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:46 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:08 pm
BUT, when he's getting hammered at the crooked creek, roasting a carp over a burning tire, chugging Bud Lights and playing grab ass with his buddy “Karl with a K” and stabbing a picture of Biden with his butterfly knife,he can feel good about his efforts and standing by his morals on his terrific posts here so there is that...
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Yesterday, 1/20/24

Ukraine flew a drone ~ 186 miles into Russia and hit a factory that makes SAMs, surface to air missile systems. The Pantsir missile system is a family of self-propelled, medium-range surface-to-air missile and anti-aircraft artillery systems. Three types of vehicles make up one system: a missile launcher, a radar truck and a command post. "Anti-aircraft artillery system", you know, the very type of "system" one might hope to keep you from being attacked...by...drones.

As one commenter noted: "Wow I can't believe the Pantsir System is so effective that the manufacturing plant itself can effectively intercept drones!"

Score one for Ukraine!

The Shcheglovsky Val in Tula, 300+ km from the border with Ukraine was hit by at least four drones, with some reports saying seven. The drones hit at different intervals with staggered arrivals. This factory makes Pantsir-S1 SAM systems and turrets for various armoured fighting vehicles.

Factory that Makes Pantsir SAM Systems Hit by Multiple Drones in Tula, Russia
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It is clear that Russia was a paper bear (as it were). By all means it’s to our benefit to not let them up off the mat.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Russia/Putin are so evil too--it should be an easy decision to support Ukraine over them. And yet, we have the MAGA team guys who think Trump might share some of that sweet, sweet oligarch blood money.
Iran may have to be dealt with soon too. Lashing out in many directions now.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:29 am Russia/Putin are so evil too--it should be an easy decision to support Ukraine over them. And yet, we have the MAGA team guys who think Trump might share some of that sweet, sweet oligarch blood money.
Iran may have to be dealt with soon too. Lashing out in many directions now.
It is crazy to me that there is perfect clarity on what is happening - Putin wants Trump back in the big chair (for corrupt, bad-faith, antidemocratic reasons), and Trump wants back in the big chair (also for corrupt, bad-faith, antidemocratic reasons) - and 1/3 of our country is downright horny for it.